PDA

View Full Version : Advice Seeked - Confused About AppleCare

jaw04005
Oct 10, 2003, 10:54 PM
I am a student, and I need to purchase AppleCare for my new powerbook G4 that I purchased through the ADC store. However, at the Store for Education has the APP for $100 less than the ADC store. Shouldn't I just be able to purchase the APP from the educational store, at the lower price, and use it with my ADC purchase?

Josh

solvs
Oct 10, 2003, 11:37 PM
I've seen this, too. You should be able to. The Edu ADC link is just the regular ADC Store. You can purchase AppleCare through the regular Edu store separately, or call them to do a phone order. Or walk in to an Apple Store and ask them if you can buy it at the discount there. Maybe there's a difference with ADC AppleCare, but I didn't see it.

Or go to MacSolutions (http://www.macsolutions.com/homepage.html) and buy it for $192 (excluding shipping and taxes, if applicable).

simX
Oct 11, 2003, 02:31 AM
You have up to the end of your regular one-year manufacturer's warrantee on the PowerBook to get the extended AppleCare Protection Plan, which extends that warrantee for two more years after the ending date.

So in a word, yes, you can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan separately for your ADC-purchased PowerBook.