PDA

View Full Version : Arriving in San Francisco...

MacRumors
Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2008/01/13/004509-moscone_500.jpg

Macworld 2008

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2008/01/13/004508-keynote_500.jpg

Stand in line here for Keynote

I flew in this afternoon, and Longofest should be arriving tonight, and we'll be making our keynote preparations tomorrow. The keynote kicks off on Tuesday along with the opening of the Expo floor, so real coverage will begin then.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/13/arriving-in-san-francisco/)

chuckles:)
Jan 13, 2008, 12:27 AM
And so it begins...

EricNau
Jan 13, 2008, 12:28 AM
Stand in line here for Keynote
Are we to understand that you're already waiting in line? :p

phungy
Jan 13, 2008, 12:28 AM
Can't wait :)

gusapple
Jan 13, 2008, 12:30 AM
Cry:(:(:(:( I wanted to go so bad!..... I guess next year will be good....:(

arn
Jan 13, 2008, 12:35 AM
Are we to understand that you're already waiting in line? :p

no, not yet :)

arn

sparkleytone
Jan 13, 2008, 12:38 AM
Just wanted to gush a bit about how I think it's amazing how much this little site has grown over the years since I joined up. I mean...arn is at MWSF. It wasn't THAT long ago that this was unheard of.

olegandbuster25
Jan 13, 2008, 12:41 AM
man i wanted to go too
this keynote might even be better than last years
depite the fact that the best gandget in the world was released last year (iPhone)
next year fo sho im goin

Victor ch
Jan 13, 2008, 12:42 AM
Man you're lucky :p I wish I could be there! Anyway good luck Arn, Longofest and others there.

-Victor

gusapple
Jan 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
man i wanted to go too
this keynote might even be better than last years
depite the fact that the best gandget in the world was released last year (iPhone)
next year fo sho im goin
True that.
Just wanted to gush a bit about how I think it's amazing how much this little site has grown over the years since I joined up. I mean...arn is at MWSF. It wasn't THAT long ago that this was unheard of.
I know. I am such a newbie, but I felt at home the first time that I visited this site. I have depended on it for every Mac thing. Arn, this is the best Mac rumor site out there. I mean, I tried probably 5 sites before this and the difference is night and day.

samh004
Jan 13, 2008, 12:46 AM
Wow, lucky you... have fun. I can't wait for Wednesday (my time).

shecky
Jan 13, 2008, 12:48 AM
i have to say that the macrumors' live coverage of the keynote is by far, by very far the best on the internet. its the next best thing to being there.

and arn, if you and the boys want a great, not too expensive dinner at an amazing French Bistro near the presidio, i can give you the 4-11.

Victor ch
Jan 13, 2008, 12:49 AM
True that.

...Arn, this is the best Mac rumor site out there...

I second that. In MacRumors there is a true community when you can even get familiar with certain users, I tried posting in Gizmodo and Engadget and is just not the same feeling. I hope this is one of the many more Macworlds to come that MacRumors organizers assist. Good luck:)

-Victor

gusapple
Jan 13, 2008, 12:52 AM
I tried posting in Gizmodo and Engadget and is just not the same feeling.

I know, all of the people have no knowledge of actual Mac products. They all seem like they are out to get you. I wish you luck at Macworld, arn. I look forward to seeing your SMS updates at the Keynote!

juanster
Jan 13, 2008, 01:09 AM
can't wait for this, and thanks guys for doing all of this for all of those who can't go, im sure it'll be great i ve tuned in to every macrumors coverage since i joined like almost a yeara go and it's been nothing but fantastic..thanks in advance guys:)

longofest
Jan 13, 2008, 01:32 AM
Well, I arrived and am checked into my hotel. The flight cross-country via Virgin America was awesome, though my wife Michele managed to crash the in-flight entertainment system twice in two different seats. Its run off of linux, so I joked that she should just stay with Macs :)

Hope to see some of you at the expo or at least at the meetup (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/macrumors-reader-meetup-january-15th-6pm-9pm/)!

gusapple
Jan 13, 2008, 02:03 AM
my wife Michele managed to crash the in-flight entertainment system twice in two different seats. Its run off of linux, so I joked that she should just stay with Macs :)

Wow! Hope that there are no PC's at Macworld!:)

kainjow
Jan 13, 2008, 02:06 AM
Have fun guys. I was there for WWDC 07 and had a blast, wish I was there again!

aswitcher
Jan 13, 2008, 02:12 AM
More photos!

nlivo
Jan 13, 2008, 04:15 AM
everyone is saying how great the macrumors coverage is but I've never truely experienced it. I mean, I've been on this website for ages but never tuned into macrumors live before. Is it really that good?? I always try and just watch the keynote video a couple of hours after it but always just end up reading the main posts. Is it worth tuning in to macrumors live?? Is it an experience?? Haha.

Peace
Jan 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
everyone is saying how great the macrumors coverage is but I've never truely experienced it. I mean, I've been on this website for ages but never tuned into macrumors live before. Is it really that good?? I always try and just watch the keynote video a couple of hours after it but always just end up reading the main posts. Is it worth tuning in to macrumors live?? Is it an experience?? Haha.

I'd say over the last 3 keynotes at MWSF MacRumors has jumped leaps and bounds in every catagory over the previous year so this year should be really good.

Great job guys !!

Project
Jan 13, 2008, 10:53 AM
For the past few years at least, Engadget live has killed Mac Rumors. You get *far* more detail at Engadget, including most of Jobs' quotes, whereas Mac Rumors tend to throw up descriptive one liners. I believe they have Ryan Block just typing away none stop, a second person taking photos, and Rojas editing the stuff on the fly. It works well.

Mac Rumors is a better place to discuss the news though. Engadget comments are worthless.

shecky
Jan 13, 2008, 11:19 AM
For the past few years at least, Engadget live has killed Mac Rumors.

totally disagree. yes, engadget has more "commentary" but its much slower to reload/push info and i have found it is a lot less accurate; you will see a lot more edits after the fact as they make their posts correct. the MR forum-spy like push of information is flawless and no reloading needed.

having said that i usually have both MR and engadget open.

danuff
Jan 13, 2008, 12:17 PM

Yes, it is that good. I use it every year to get the latest information for my Apple-related blog.

-Dan

Brianstorm91
Jan 13, 2008, 12:32 PM
Lucky whatnots.

Kingsly
Jan 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
Have fun guys. I'll be on my way up tomorrow. :)

eric55lv
Jan 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
lucky I wanted to go so bad but I might be going next year

MrCrowbar
Jan 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well, I arrived and am checked into my hotel. The flight cross-country via Virgin America was awesome, though my wife Michele managed to crash the in-flight entertainment system twice in two different seats. Its run off of linux, so I joked that she should just stay with Macs :)

Hope to see some of you at the expo or at least at the meetup (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/macrumors-reader-meetup-january-15th-6pm-9pm/)!

I flew with Virgin Atlantic a year ago and my entertainment system crashed right after start (7 hour flight). It stayed at the loading screen:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8256/img4319ls9.jpg

I just listened to my iPod and took a long nap :-)

Rocketman
Jan 13, 2008, 03:36 PM

Agreed. This is a useful site.

Have fun at MacWorld, and pray for a green-screen level crash on your next compute failure, that is original Apple II code! :)

Rocketman

yagran
Jan 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
ill go in 3 years when im 21, then ill be able to drink and stuff, till then its MR live in one tab and engadget in the other! ive got exams monday and tuesday so the keynote should finish them off nicely. :D

VicMacs
Jan 13, 2008, 05:05 PM
those that are going... flying up from the dominican republic!

Kingsly
Jan 13, 2008, 08:52 PM
i have to say that the macrumors' live coverage of the keynote is by far, by very far the best on the internet. its the next best thing to being there.
I agree, though this year I'll be experiencing the best thing. :D

(sorry I keep rubbing it in, a week ago I wasn't going to MWSF at all... I'm really excited! :o )

and arn, if you and the boys want a great, not too expensive dinner at an amazing French Bistro near the presidio, i can give you the 4-11.

Well? J'ai faim.

shecky
Jan 13, 2008, 08:59 PM
Well? J'ai faim.

baker st bistro (http://bakerstbistro.ypguides.net/). when you get there it looks a little so-so but trust me: fantastic.