PDA

View Full Version : WTB: PCI IDE card and USB card

livingfortoday
Jan 13, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hey all. I need a USB card and an internal IDE solution for my pre-G3 Mac. It's currently running OS 9, but hopefully will dual-boot with OS X once I get the IDE drive up and running (it's got a G3-upgrade card in it). I want the USB so I can use my Apple Pro Keyboard and mouse instead of this clunky ADB one I have now.

I'm not looking to spend too much, but let me know what you have.

Thanks!

Angrist
Jan 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
I've got two USB cards in my box of parts, a 2 port and a 4 port. I THINK they are both USB 1.1 ... I'll have to dig the box out and check. If they're 1.1 ... $10 / $15 + shipping (should only be $2-3)

While I don't have an ATA card that I can part with, I highly recommend the ACARD AEC-6280M (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816123110). Mine works great under 9 and 10.

If you're interested, I also have an ATI XClaim PCI video/ TV tuner card complete with all the cables, worked great on a 200MHz Performa. No OSX drivers for the tuner, so I went for the Miglia AlchemyTV instead. $50 + shipping

livingfortoday
Jan 13, 2008, 05:50 PM
The USB cards sound great, let me know if you find them! As for the TV tuner, I don't really need anything like that, thank you though - I've also only got three PCI slots, and the USB card, video card, and IDE card will fill 'em up!

Thanks for the tip on the IDE card too - it's a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but if nothing else turns up, I'll probably bite.