PDA

View Full Version : Macworld Traditions

gusapple
Jan 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
I was wondering if anybody has any traditions to commemorate Macworld? I make waffles for breakfast. It's nerdy, but, it's like a second Christmas. Also, I am the first one to know or care in my school. I remember that I went crazy when Apple released the iPhone. Everybody in my Tech class thought I needed a helmet when I told them Apple had just released an "iPhone."

wongulous
Jan 14, 2008, 06:35 AM
I make myself a big plate of nachos with my homemade guacamole and favorite pico de gallo. And then camp out until I O.D. on Diet Coke or find a sugar daddy to buy me all the new goodies.

Stevenup7002
Jan 14, 2008, 06:42 AM
I take the day off school so I can watch macworld! :D

goldenlotus
Jan 14, 2008, 06:42 AM
Six pack and a spliff as I watch the keynote video. It's like Christmas except I don't have to camp out at the parents house!

future macnerd
Jan 14, 2008, 07:25 AM
i'll be trying to break out my laptop in the 3 mins. between classes to follow along. it's my first macworld (that i've known about) and same with nobody caring about macworld I feel kinda alone till I come to the forums. :D

netdog
Jan 14, 2008, 07:26 AM
A good Bordeaux

goldenlotus
Jan 14, 2008, 07:30 AM
i'll be trying to break out my laptop in the 3 mins. between classes to follow along. it's my first macworld (that i've known about) and same with nobody caring about macworld I feel kinda alone till I come to the forums. :D

Yep, when my excitement bubbles over and I decide to talk about macworld with friends all I get is blank stares and occasionally an "Oh really?"

nlivo
Jan 14, 2008, 08:23 AM
Nope, no traditions for me. Last year I was at my beach house with no internet so I had no idea what was going on. I opened up the newspaper and had to read about the iPhone like all the other ignorant citizens. This year I'll wake up to a posted video of Steve Jobs' keynote so I'm going to have a HHUUUGGGEEE bowl of Coco-Pops (if i could cook i would make some eggs and bacon) and a nice glass of OJ and just watch it. I'm tempted to hook up my mac mini to the TV so I can watch it in the lounge. I might actually do that, come to think of it.

MrGeePee
Jan 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
lol nah, i don't go that far.

Just take a day off college to watch it, thats it.

Tallest Skil
Jan 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
I wear dress jeans, black socks, tennis shoes, and my black mock turtleneck to school on Stevenote days. I say, "Boom," a lot on those days, too. :cool:

wongulous
Jan 14, 2008, 08:59 AM
I wear dress jeans, black socks, tennis shoes, and my black mock turtleneck to school on Stevenote days. I say, "Boom," a lot on those days, too. :cool:

LOL. You forgot the "and one more thing..." :) Also, remember your clicker remote and plentiful water bottles.

Stang68
Jan 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yep, when my excitement bubbles over and I decide to talk about macworld with friends all I get is blank stares and occasionally an "Oh really?"

Same here lol. I was talking with my friends yesterday and they were like "Oh, thats cool. How do you know this?" I felt like a loser. :p

Tallest Skil
Jan 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
LOL. You forgot the "and one more thing..." :) Also, remember your clicker remote and plentiful water bottles.

I am taking my Apple Remote to school, but it'll be just to complete the look. And the water bottles... yeah, I'll need to get some of those... :D

Joe Bannon
Jan 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
I take the day off school so I can watch macworld! :D

Where do you watch it?

Much Ado
Jan 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
I say, "Boom," a lot on those days, too. :cool:

I did this last year and someone actually said to me "And it's shipping today". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Tallest Skil
Jan 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
I did this last year and someone actually said to me "And it's shipping today". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Funniest thing I've read this year. (Yeah, fourteen days, so what?) No one would do that where I come from. Bunch of Microtards...

eric55lv
Jan 14, 2008, 05:52 PM
I plug my Mac to my plasma and I watch the keynote:D

gusapple
Jan 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Usually I start yelling about the specs of the new product at hand. I get way too exited!:D
Huh, I should try saying boom and see if anybody cares that I say it a lot.

Eric Lewis
Jan 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
I wear a black turtle neck and jeans and a attatch a apple remote to my belt and im set

eric55lv
Jan 14, 2008, 08:19 PM
and wear all of my :apple: gear

bmorris
Jan 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
i dont have any traditions, but dammit i should start.
it IS like christmas, with a lil new years maybe?

i have no one to watch it with that cares as much.
but i wish i could skip class, i would if it werent a critique.
its in the middle of my photo class!

maybe ill call some friends and play the keynote drinking game on the replay.

i need an apple shirt or something to wear on these occasions,
if only i got to the apple store sooner on leopard day.