Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nit_etc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hello!

Well I got my 15" powerbook a month ago and it developed those pesky white spots. Turned it in to the nearest applestore at Bellevue, WA and they had it shipped for repair. Apparently, it was repaired and sent back to me on 10/7 but the Apple store still has not gotten it. I have requested Applecare to put a trace on it. The tracking number they have on record is not recognized by the Airborne website.

So:
- About these white spots: has anyone had their lcd replaced, and had this problem reoccur?

- What happens if Apple or Airborne loses my powerbook? Anyone know? Will they replace it or should I expect to be given the runaround again? :(

thanks!

InAppleHeaven

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2003
I know what you mean. I just received my new 15" about four days ago. There seem to be bright pixels and dead pixels. I want to get this fixed in some way. When you spend 3000 on something so small, you at least want a decent display. However, I love everything else about it. I am no longer INDELLHELL. If anyone else reads this, please reply so that we may learn about our options.

juddotcom

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2003
Well, my new 15" PB had one dead pixel, one stuck pixel and two bright spots. I could probably have lived with the pixels, but the bright spots were too obvious for me.

I returned it a couple days ago, just one week after purchase (at least I'm used to waiting for these lappys). Anyway, this means Apple will either DOA (Dead On Arrival) it and send me a new PB, or they'll repair (replace?) the LCD. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know what the repair policy is? Do Apple use new LCDs, or could I end up with a reconditioned one, or an older one?? Anybody got any LCD repair stories they wanna share? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.