PDA

View Full Version : The I-Won't-Be-On-Till-Keynote-Video-Comes-Online Thread

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 06:24 AM
So... this is just a thread to see who all will not be on the forums on the day of the keynote to avoid any spoilers. I know its a small crowd, but it will certainly require a heavy amount of discipline to not check any news website or mac website or even the apple store. Sort of just checking who's all in? I've subscribed the MacRumors Spoiler Free Page (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/mwsf-2008-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/) w/ Keynote link (so i can be emailed the link when it comes out).

So.. Who else is checking out Tuesday to watch the Keynote stream (however late it may come online)?

goldenlotus
Jan 14, 2008, 06:45 AM
Of course! So much more exciting this way!

The Swede
Jan 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
I will try to avoid Macrumors and Engadget but it will be hard. I just can't wait!

KingScooty
Jan 14, 2008, 07:07 AM
I will try to avoid Macrumors and Engadget but it will be hard. I just can't wait!

Same! But the chances of me going to the darkside and checking before the video comes online is quite likely :p :D

goldenlotus
Jan 14, 2008, 07:16 AM
I just feel like if you can hold off without peeking... it's like watching the State of the Union Address. Come on guys you can do it!

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 07:26 AM
It's going to take a lot of effort to know the keynote has aired and not check any sites... for over 12 hours!!!

freediverdude
Jan 14, 2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah, and if it's something really big released, it will be on the mainstream news like CNN, and people at work will come over and say, "Hey, did you see the new (insert new product here) that Apple just released? What do you think?" And you get to suddenly spout expletives :D

nlivo
Jan 14, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'm a happy man this year. I have always wanted to watch the keynote without knowing anything about what has been released but could never resist (last year I was away from any sort of computer and then I open the newspaper and boom....the iPhone. I wasn't expecting anything because I live in Australia) but this year.....it will be 4 am when Steve takes the stage. So I'll happily wake up at around 9 am (I'm on holidays) and just watch the keynote with a glass of OJ. IT'LL BE AWESOME!!!!!

KingScooty
Jan 14, 2008, 08:22 AM
It's going to take a lot of effort to know the keynote has aired and not check any sites... for over 12 hours!!!

Recon it'll take that long? :eek:
The keynote is at 5pm GMT time (i live in the UK). I'd wanna know what was release before i went to bed :rolleyes: lol.

brad.c
Jan 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
I don't know what I'll do--wait for the video stream, or watch the text feed feed. I do miss the days of the live stream, when you were forced to let the suspense mount in real-time. But trying to recreate that suspense during the dry iTunes-market-share-pie-chart extravaganza just may force me to hit the FF button. And muck it up somehow.

Besides, it's not the same when it's live, and you know you are finding out at the same time as everybody else.

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 10:58 AM
Recon it'll take that long? :eek:
The keynote is at 5pm GMT time (i live in the UK). I'd wanna know what was release before i went to bed :rolleyes: lol.

I think last time, the video didn't come online until 11:30pm EST.

olternaut
Jan 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
I've commanded my boss and my co-workers to not surf any news sites or listen to any radio stations till after I get home and I watch they keynote. They have decided to comply because they do not want to face my wrath!!! :mad:

p.s. I'm half tempted to extend my commandment an extra day til Apple posts the high res version at that!!

Shagrat
Jan 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry, but I'll be checking in on the rumour sites during the show. delayed gratification is one thing, but, i won't be able to wait.

You guys obviously have more self restraint than I!

(Damn, I obviously still have US spelling turned on. It's RUMOURS, Macbook. Geddit???)

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 11:31 AM
Sorry, but I'll be checking in on the rumour sites during the show. delayed gratification is one thing, but, i won't be able to wait.

Well, I originally was supposed to go, but my travel buddy bailed out and now I can't go... i wanted to be there, but alas... it was too good to be true.

The next best thing is to watch the keynote 12+ hours later (and pretend it were live).

stephen =D
Jan 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
how long will it take for the video to b online roughly:apple:

:D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::cool::cool::cool::p;);)

Brianstorm91
Jan 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
I'll try but I'll be on MacRumours by half 5, and then I'll watch the video on Wednesday probably.

Much Ado
Jan 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
Sign me in.

We should all watch the video at a set time, so that we can all post while watching 'live' :)

olternaut
Jan 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'll try but I'll be on MacRumours by half 5, and then I'll watch the video on Wednesday probably.

What the hell?? Wednesday? Aren't they going to post the video tuesday night?????/ :confused:

Much Ado
Jan 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
What the hell?? Wednesday? Aren't they going to post the video tuesday night?????/ :confused:

That depends on where in the world you live.

malvord
Jan 14, 2008, 12:24 PM
Ok, I have been attending the Expo for 10+ years, but never made the Keynote. This year I forked over $200+ for the Conference Pass and will be camping out tonight in hopes of getting in. However, I won't be arriving until after 8pm and will have to get my credentials in the morning. Will I have enough time? Also, what time do people start lining up?

Thanks in advance! :D

JML42691
Jan 14, 2008, 12:29 PM
how long will it take for the video to b online roughly:apple:

:D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::cool::cool::cool::p;);)
Enough smilies? :rolleyes: lol

olternaut
Jan 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
That depends on where in the world you live.

NYC man! ..........thats new york city for those who need help figuring it out. :D

ttopp
Jan 14, 2008, 12:33 PM
y dont they feed it live??

the "watch it later" is now unavailable for a couple o days due to busy servers these days!! where were they all when the 1st imacs came out??? or the horrible 1st ipod?? :rolleyes:

Much Ado
Jan 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
NYC man! ..........thats new york city for those who need help figuring it out. :D

Then you might get to see it by the end of the day. It varies. For us in the UK, we'll most likely have to wait till Wednesday.

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 12:42 PM
y dont they feed it live??

Most likely to help promote being in the keynote attendance. Or it's out of MacWorld's budget. Or Apple said no, because they want exclusive rights to the video and want to put it online on their own terms. Sounds to me like the ladder.

olternaut
Jan 14, 2008, 12:45 PM
Most likely to help promote being in the keynote attendance. Or it's out of MacWorld's budget. Or Apple said no, because they want exclusive rights to the video and want to put it online on their own terms. Sounds to me like the ladder.

You mean "latter". But yeah I guess......no its still stupid. They need to put this stuff up live!!! They can afford it dang nabbit!! And they had better put up the freakin video that night........IN HIGH RESOLUTION TOO!!!! :mad:

Billy Boo Bob
Jan 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
I just wish it was today, since I'm going to be out all day with doctor appointments and other errands. Tomorrow I don't think there's anything to keep me away from the Internet and TV spoilers. Well, I do have several hours of downloaded TV shows to catch up on. Guess I could spend the day with Front Row. :-)

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 04:02 PM
I just wish it was today, since I'm going to be out all day with doctor appointments and other errands. Tomorrow I don't think there's anything to keep me away from the Internet and TV spoilers. Well, I do have several hours of downloaded TV shows to catch up on. Guess I could spend the day with Front Row. :-)

Yes, but it won't nearly be the whole day, since Apple has pledged to make it available in the afternoon.