PDA

View Full Version : Software rumors...

John Purple
Jan 14, 2008, 07:12 AM
Are there any rumors or expectations what new software can be expected at MWSF? What are we going to do with all that nice hardware we are reading about in the other threads (MacBook Air ...) :confused:
Any M$ Office killers, new Aperture or else?

chinarider
Jan 14, 2008, 07:54 AM
I hear there will be an announcement for FCP... The only thing I can think of is maybe going cross-platform?

robbieduncan
Jan 14, 2008, 07:59 AM
I hear there will be an announcement for FCP... The only thing I can think of is maybe going cross-platform?

Final Cut Studio Server (or whatever that thing was called) finally shipping?

I don't think Aperture 2.0 will be shown until the big photo show in a couple of months time...

bikertwin
Jan 14, 2008, 08:07 AM

Blu-Ray Studio Pro anyone? ;)

BJNY
Jan 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
I don't think Aperture 2.0 will be shown until the big photo show in a couple of months time...

BTW, PMA is at the end of January.

robbieduncan
Jan 14, 2008, 08:59 AM
BTW, PMA is at the end of January.

Yeah! That's the one: I was just too lazy to hit Google :D

CWallace
Jan 14, 2008, 10:06 AM
Leopard 10.5.2?

iPhone firmware 1.1.3?

dazcox5181
Jan 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
not forgetting the more or less confirmed itunes 7.6... or is 8.0 too hopeful?

And sure iphone software update will be out, my itunes was due to check for new update today and instead of moving the date 2 weeks changed to tomorrow... hopefully got some good features apart from wobbling icons!

Jazzatola
Jan 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
What if there were still some 'secret Leopard features' that were dependent on new hardware?

dazcox5181
Jan 14, 2008, 11:19 AM
What if there were still some 'secret Leopard features' that were dependent on new hardware?

Like? :confused:

Multitouch....

John Purple
Jan 15, 2008, 06:57 AM

May be I'm wrong but IMHO even if Apple changed a lot under OS X' surface, save Timemachine I don't see why they proudly call Leopard 'the biggest Mac OS X upgrade ever', unless they consider the lot of gimmick applications (mostly nice but useless and -to be honest - with no real gain in productivity) worth that title. There has to be a lot more we didn't find yet. It should emerge at MWSF.