PDA

View Full Version : Who's NOT going to be following the keynote?

wordmunger
Jan 14, 2008, 07:12 AM
Most years I can't resist and I follow the play-by-play of the keynote, hitting "refresh" like a madman on all the tech sites.

This time around, however, I'm incredibly busy preparing for a conference presentation (not to mention my normal workload). So I'm going to go to a coffee shop with no wi-fi and work there during the keynote.

Anyone else opting out of the keynote this year? Or is it just too much to resist?

njmac
Jan 14, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'm working on Tuesday and I don't have internet access at work, so no keynote for me.

I'll watch it that night when Apple posts it but I'll check here first for the highlights.

Yvan256
Jan 14, 2008, 07:31 AM
I have no choice but to follow it live, in case Apple replaces the Mac mini with something else (or simply changes the form factor). Those CinnaMount mini's can't magically change size, you know. ;)

teleromeo
Jan 14, 2008, 07:43 AM
At the time it starts someone planned an appointment. It makes me pissed... Normally when Jobs starts his keynote it's around 7pm over here. I always get home late from work one monday evening in january.

wordmunger
Jan 14, 2008, 08:05 AM
At the time it starts someone planned an appointment. It makes me pissed... Normally when Jobs starts his keynote it's around 7pm over here. I always get home late from work one monday evening in january.

I actually tried to schedule a meeting during the keynote so I wouldn't be tempted to follow the keynote. But the guy I was meeting didn't want to schedule at that time. Maybe he'll be following the keynote!

shecky
Jan 14, 2008, 11:28 AM
i have to teach at 12:30 EST tomorrow, so knowing me, i will show up early and follow the keynote for 30 minutes before i put my laptop away and get the learning on.

tho i swear i am this close to emailing everyone of my students and telling them class starts at 2 tomorrow. :)

MikeTheC
Jan 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_lord_of_the_rings__the_two_towers/_group_photos/hugo_weaving14.jpg
ARWEN: But they may not want to follow the keynote, father.
ELROND: They must follow it, Arwen, how else shall they find the straight road and...
ARWEN: Father, some of them might not like the Macintosh.
ELROND: Not like the Macintosh? What are you saying, my daughter? Is all hope lost amongst Middle Cupertino?
ARWEN: They all don't follow the dogma of The Rīno.
ELROND: But to not listen to the words of Steve Jobs is foolish.
ARWEN: I know, father. That's why I'm sitting on this davenport and feeling downcast.
ELROND: Oh.

olternaut
Jan 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
I will be seeing the posted online version because I couldn't see it live. :(
And I want the whole experience with no spoilers so I won't be looking at any spoilers online either.
Plus, I ordered my boss and co-workers not to surf any news sites or listen to any radio news (so as to not blabber accidently outloud the news) til after I leave work otherwise they would be.......punished. :mad:

queshy
Jan 14, 2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe he'll be following the keynote!

Obviously!!!!! What else could it be?

PowerFullMac
Jan 15, 2008, 03:41 AM
Of course I will! What else am I gonna do on MacWorld day?

jkmakesmusic
Jan 15, 2008, 04:01 AM
come on, it's once a year. it's like skipping christmas.

miniConvert
Jan 15, 2008, 04:06 AM
come on, it's once a year. it's like skipping christmas.
Macworld IS Christmas!

*I'm so excited (woooah, yeaaah!) and I just can't hide it, no no no, no no, no, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it (yeeeeaaah!)*

sunfast
Jan 15, 2008, 04:28 AM
For me the keynote starts at 1700 when I'm leaving work. I could stay another hour and follow the live updates but I'll lose myself on the tube for an hour and watch the video when it gets posted later as live

Osarkon
Jan 15, 2008, 04:34 AM
I'm working until 8pm so I'm going to have to play catch up when I get home from work.

It was fun refreshing like crazy last time...

iBlue
Jan 15, 2008, 04:38 AM
Me. I've got a doctor's appointment. Plus I'm not that big of a geek, not enough to make special plans to sit on my jacksie at 6pm* and read what new things Apple is putting out that I can't afford. :p

*I'm in GMT, which is +8 from PST

Tymmz
Jan 15, 2008, 04:42 AM
I wish I could, but I'll be at work and won't have the time to check for updates.

But I hope the keynote-stream will be available once I'm back at home.

emotion
Jan 15, 2008, 04:49 AM
Me. I've got a doctor's appointment. Plus I'm not that big of a geek, not enough to make special plans to sit on my jacksie at 6pm* and read what new things Apple is putting out that I can't afford. :p

*I'm in GMT, which is +8 from PST

You're a big enough geek to vote and post in a thread about it though.

Embrace your nerdiness!

:)

daneoni
Jan 15, 2008, 05:36 AM
I don't have to skip it since i have no lectures today which means i'm free as a bird. Ideally, i'd like to say i'll ignore everything and watch it tomorrow when everything is settled down but.....who am i kidding. Gonna be doing the Macrumorslive thing

iBlue
Jan 15, 2008, 05:39 AM
You're a big enough geek to vote and post in a thread about it though.

Embrace your nerdiness!

:)
Haha, fair enough.

Sadly I didn't notice there was a proper poll until I read this. :o (NOW I voted)

daneoni
Jan 15, 2008, 05:46 AM
I don't have to skip it since i have no lectures today which means i'm free as a bird. Ideally, i'd like to say i'll ignore everything and watch it tomorrow when everything is settled down but.....who am i kidding. Gonna be doing the Macrumorslive thing

Stevenup7002
Jan 15, 2008, 05:59 AM
Guys, you do know theres a live video stream this year, right? I'm not going to post any links, because it will cause a digg effect. It shouldnt be too hard to google it though.

illitrate23
Jan 15, 2008, 06:50 AM
ARWEN: But they may not want to follow the keynote, father.
lol - genius

jeremyrader
Jan 15, 2008, 07:14 AM
None of the above, I'll probably be sleeping.

Depends on when the wife got herself and the kids to bed last night though, and how late they sleep in. I might catch bits of it whilst making pancakes for the kids so Mom gets a few extra zzz's. We'll see...