Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macopia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2002
Orlando, FL
I was flipping through this week's Newsweek when I stumbled on a Microsoft .NET fold-out ad in the middle of the magazine. If you look at it closely the guy on the right is sitting at a desk with an Apple keyboard.

I just thought it was kinda funny.

Brian

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
M$ seem to do this quite often, they are idiots for this kind of thing.

I can remember an advert when they had what they called a state of the art PC in the picture closer inspection and it turned out to be a Quadra 800.

Ensign

Imagine this:

Attachments

• m$macs.jpg
    m$macs.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 208

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
...Everyone gasped when they saw Chuck fall to the floor clutching his chest...

...They all ran over to his cubicle to see what was wrong...

...Then they saw the image posted to Macrumors by Ensign and they figured it all out...

QUICK GRAB THE PADDLES!!!!

CLEAR

Chuck's lifeless body jurks on the floor from the shock.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I once saw an ad for Dell in the sunday newspaper. It was a full page deal with a giant picture of a dell tower with a flat panel screen next to it. Only thing was that the screen was showing OS X w/ IE at Dell's website.

MacLuver23

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2001
Re: Apple Keyboard in Microsoft Ad!

Originally posted by macopia
I was flipping through this week's Newsweek when I stumbled on a Microsoft .NET fold-out ad in the middle of the magazine. If you look at it closely the guy on the right is sitting at a desk with an Apple keyboard.

I just thought it was kinda funny.

Brian

technicaly can't you sue micro$oft for faulse advertising? Or is that only if they show a windoze only program on a clearly noticeable mac machine!?:confused:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Apple Keyboard in Microsoft Ad!

Originally posted by macopia
I was flipping through this week's Newsweek when I stumbled on a Microsoft .NET fold-out ad in the middle of the magazine. If you look at it closely the guy on the right is sitting at a desk with an Apple keyboard

Some one post the ad, I don't have a copy handy.

This just adds more to the silliness surrounding the .NET fiasco, first the server issue, now a Mac reference. How is it possible that MS keeps messing this up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.