Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I've been holding off buying an ITouch until after the Keynote address. I am hoping their is a change in price, or maybe a bump in storage capacity.

Anyone here think that their will be a change announced tomorrow for the ITouch?

Voch

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2006
Remote?

I'm interested in an official wired remote so as to allay my fears in using an iPod touch in the car. :) All I need is Pause and Next buttons as I have a "singles" playlist I shuffle...

(Edit) The Griffin Autopilot may just be what I'm looking for (my car's power port is in a convenient place). If there's an iPod touch price drop/feature bump, if the SDK is compelling, or if I need some rudimentary PDA functionality in my current job I may finally have the excuse to get one. :)

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
For me getting an ITouch is an interim step to getting an IPhone. Right now I don't have a cell bill, so I'm going to hold off until the second generation of IPhone before I even consider it. Many of the hotels I stay in when travelling offer wi-fi. That's nice so you can check e-mails and check in for airline flights.

Of course then their is the PDA capabilities, and oh yea...it plays music! I use my 2nd generation Nano at the gym, so I'll need to buy a cover to protect my new purchase. Can anyone here recommend a cover?

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
You'll be waiting for a while...the iPod touch was just released. Sure a new firmware might get relased but a bigger capacity iPod still is a few months away, I believe the same is true for the price drop. The Price is good as is right now, not over priced like the iPhone originally was. MAYBE they might make it $50 cheaper just to compete with the Zune 2.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
macworld is not ipod party. it's usually introduced consumer mac product. that's why thin macbook rumor is flying around.

if you expect ipod update, it will be around Thanksgiving.

wannabe07

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Yes, I realize that Macworld is not typically the venue where iPod changes are announced. However, I would feel better dropping $400 knowing that I waited as long as I could.

Who knows: most people didn't see the price drop for the iPhone coming.

MurphyM

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Ummm am I missing something?? According to the website you sited, the radio tuner is compatible with all iPods with the exception of the shuffle. Thus, including the iPod Touch. No?

Granted, I am not familiar with this device..

yeah - the apple site SAYS it's compatible,but when you plug it in it doesn't work. I'm hoping for a firmware update to add functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.