PDA

View Full Version : uncovered drape at macworld

Johnpartridge
Jan 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
Just found this people... What you think?

http://frankreinders.nl/foto/600/apple_air.jpg

JP

Eidorian
Jan 14, 2008, 03:16 PM
I was expecting an elevator but this was rather refreshing.

Portable home directories...here we go again.

psychofreak
Jan 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
This has been posted in the other thread and there is a 50/50-ish split between those who believe and those who don't...

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:17 PM

JP

either very well shopped or no MacBook air by the looks of it.

IEatApples
Jan 14, 2008, 03:18 PM
hmm… so no elevator… but is it close to one? :D

wake6830
Jan 14, 2008, 03:18 PM
What would this entail, then?

Peace
Jan 14, 2008, 03:19 PM
All the camera and color profiles have been stripped from the Ps info.That plus Apple's not going to put an unreleased product name in plain view of everybody.:rolleyes:

Stang68
hmmm...could be interesting. I hope its real because MacBook Air is just a dumb name. This still wont matter for a bunch of iPhone/touch users at schools if Apple doesnt add 802.1x though.

Cool find!

tcoleman
Brilliant! Keep 'em coming, Photoshoppers!

Eidorian
This has been posted in the other thread and there is a 50/50-ish split between those who believe and those who don't...I sadly don't have the desire to follow all of those front page rumor and MWSF 2008 threads. Would you be so kind to link to the post in which this was posted in the other thread(s)?

I don't think a forum search is going to help either.

I found it BTW.

motulist
Jan 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
If it's not real, then it's a great idea that Apple should steal! It looks like an idea to (easily) be able to access to all the files on you Mac right on you iPhone! Cool!

Kashchei
Jan 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
Can anyone make out the first word of the blurb above the iPhone (Apple Air)? After the first word it reads "home in your pocket."

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:22 PM
Can anyone make out the first word of the blurb above the iPhone (Apple Air)? After the first word it reads "home in your pocket."

Your home in your pocket.

Johnpartridge
if this is a photoshop people, i'm not the one who did it (just to clear that up). I just found it and reposted it.

Though people, i dont believe there is a macbook air at all. Slimline macbook using flash storage yes, but its just called macbook.

Air is something else. Just wait and see...

thechidz

I believe it's "your"

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:24 PM
I believe it's "your"
Erhmmm!:)vvv

Masquerade
Jan 14, 2008, 03:25 PM

JP

sorry guys. its real. iTunes get's a new name!

GeekLawyer
Jan 14, 2008, 03:26 PM

That's a small home! Or a big pocket! ;)

TimJim
Jan 14, 2008, 03:27 PM
Looks real to me. If its fake it's very well done.

Johnpartridge
sorry guys. its real. iTunes get's a new name!

people should listen to this guy. stop getting your hopes up on this Macbook air, it doesn't exist, multi touch macs at end of year.

IEatApples
if this is a photoshop people, i'm not the one who did it (just to clear that up). I just found it and reposted it.

Though people, i dont believe there is a macbook air at all. Slimline macbook using flash storage yes, but its just called macbook.

Air is something else. Just wait and see...
And if it's Photoshoped then it's very well done! … but I suspect it could very well be real… or not… :p I'm :confused: ;)

appletastic
Jan 14, 2008, 03:32 PM
I still don't get what it has to do with air??

macmanwa
Jan 14, 2008, 03:33 PM
The major flaw is the name of the product (the way it is written).

If it was truly called "Apple Air", it would read "Air" with a capital A. Apple doesn't refer to product names in lowercase (outside of the iPod line). It isn't an Apple macbook, or a Apple mac pro. It is an Apple MacBook and a Apple Mac Pro.

Especially for a huge banner like that announcing a new product, they wouldn't make that kind of a mistake.

FAKE!

Peace
Jan 14, 2008, 03:33 PM
And if it's Photoshoped then it's very well done! … but I suspect it could very well be real… or not… :p I'm :confused: ;)

It HAS been photoshopped.I ran the pic through Ps and all the metadata had been removed.If that was a real photo it would have some info on the camera used.

Johnpartridge
Jan 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

wireless syncing is one of the things it can do... this isnt a macbook, forget all that macbook air hype. Yes there is a slimmer macbook, but its just called macbook. and no multitouch.

Updated iTunes, and a few new names.

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

It's a fake... this pic was posted somewhere else in the forums with the photoshop meta tags in tact.

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
The major flaw is the name of the product (the way it is written).

If it was truly called "Apple Air", it would read "Air" with a capital A. Apple doesn't refer to product names in lowercase. It isn't an Apple macbook, or a Apple mac pro. It is an Apple MacBook and a Apple Mac Pro.

Especially for a huge banner like that announcing a new product, they wouldn't make that kind of a mistake.

FAKE!

What about iPod touch (http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/)??

IEatApples
Jan 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
It HAS been photoshopped.I ran the pic through Ps and all the metadata had been removed.If that was a real photo it would have some info on the camera used.

It's a fake... this pic was posted somewhere else in the forums with the photoshop meta tags in tact.
Hmm… but he (/she?) even got the reflection on the floor right! :( :D

BlueRevolution
Jan 14, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, "Apple air" is obviously not (intended to be) a product name, unless there is one very stupid 'shopper behind the pic.

Regardless, you can already do this (http://blacktree.com/?telekinesis). I don't have an iPhone so I don't know how well it works; I assume the limitations of a web UI get in the way a bit.

Edit:

Oh touché!

ClassicMac247
Jan 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
This is a 100 times better explanation for "Somethings in the air". If this is fake it was a very good one.

Drumjim85
Jan 14, 2008, 03:43 PM

it could have been photoshopped just to change the size and the contrast of the image ...

CWallace
Jan 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
Not sure what the San Francisco Fire Marshall would say about a banner that extended all the way to the floor along a primary exit corridor... ;)

Peace
Jan 14, 2008, 03:46 PM
it could have been photoshopped just to change the size and the contrast of the image ...

you can do that with Preview.No need to use Photoshop unless you're making some heavy duty changes.;)

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:47 PM

Exactly! What about that image of the "nano-flower.psd" that was on the net in September '07 just before the "beat goes on" music event?? That was real!

Masquerade
Jan 14, 2008, 03:47 PM
theres a guy watching the banner "omfg someone will be fired!!!"

plumbingandtech
Jan 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
Pretty bad photoshop.

You should have put a giganctic order of french fries. It would have been funnier.

anti-microsoft
Jan 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Pretty bad photoshop.

You should have put a giganctic order of french fries. It would have been funnier.

Off topic I know, but I would like to remark on this users username: Cool!!:D

Johnpartridge
Jan 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Pretty bad photoshop.

i didnt take this photo of have any dealings with it coming onto the internet. Just reposted what i came upon.

GeekLawyer
Jan 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
i didnt take this photo of have any dealings with it coming onto the internet. Just reposted what i came upon.

I'm glad you did. I hadn't seen it before. And it looks real to me.

mjstew33
Jan 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
Very interesting.

I hope this is true but wouldn't be surprised if it's not.

Peace
Jan 14, 2008, 03:59 PM

Please provide a link to where you came upon it.;)

And be sure the metadata on the page has a 2 day old date!!

ErikAndre
Jan 14, 2008, 04:01 PM
This whole discussion cracks me up. Its an obvious photoshop file, but for those who still can't think straight, let me help. Would Apple in their right mind put a full size poster of a yet-to-be-released product in plain view of all windows in the outer cooridoor a day before the main event? Seriously.

Chris Bangle
Jan 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
All you people who said macbook air was real... YOUR ALL WRONG

thesdx
Jan 14, 2008, 04:04 PM
I think this is fake. I hope it is. If it's real, so much for the MacBook Air. :(

Johnpartridge
Jan 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
All you people who said macbook air was real... YOUR ALL WRONG

everyone will look back on the whole macbook air thing and laugh so much. It will be like the powerbook G5 tomorrow thing people say :P

macbook air tomorrow?

IEatApples
Jan 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
Please provide a link to where you came upon it.;)

And be sure the metadata on the page has a 2 day old date!!

everyone will look back on the whole macbook air thing and laugh so much. It will be like the powerbook G5 tomorrow thing people say :P

macbook air tomorrow?
We'll see… just do what Peace said & give us the link to where you found the picture!

GoCubsGo
Jan 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know it looks fairly good to me and I love the idea.

ddavid
Jan 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
visually, the photo could be real. the banner makes sense, and more sense than a "air" laptop. it is odd that it would be so visible when it's supposed to be a trade secret. the banner does seem like it's blocking a major walkway and would impede traffic. we'll know tomorrow...

DocSmitty
Jan 14, 2008, 04:29 PM
Looks fake. The insane level of jpg compression looks designed to hide obvious photoshopping. There's a full ghost of the letters on that foreground banner.. the last r in particular.. and that's the real one!

If it's real, whoever took the photo needs a new camera. Badly.

macmanwa
Jan 14, 2008, 04:54 PM

Yes, that's why I specifically referenced the iPod product line exception in my post... The mini/.mac are also the other lower-cased product names--however this isn't the norm in their product naming scheme (to date).

plumbingandtech
Jan 14, 2008, 04:56 PM
Off topic I know, but I would like to remark on this users username: Cool!!:D

Thanks. You should see my network. It is all gunked up just like in those old Drano commercials!!

mjstew33
Jan 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
We'll see… just do what Peace said & give us the link to where you found the picture!

Agreed. I'm surprised he didn't when he posted again.

Seems as if he's avoiding that... Fake! :rolleyes:

appletastic
Jan 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
Don't we have "air" already? I think it's called wireless and the autofinding thing is called Bonjour.. Not sure why there is a need to name something that we do everyday..

We connect wirelessly through AppleTV, Macs, iPhone etc already.. surely "air" would create confusion within the marketplace..

The iPhone now has: wireless, bluetooth, EDGE ..and... wait for it.... AIR! What? - What do we do with that?

If their main message from this years MacWorld is Wireless then they are surely going backwards.... therefore I think this image is a fake.

MrGeePee
Jan 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
Original pic i found on another forum...

http://i19.tinypic.com/7wsszs2.jpg

Cybergypsy
Jan 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
tomorrow we will know for sure z:)

drwatz0n
Jan 14, 2008, 05:11 PM

Now that one makes much more sense. It says what it says, Your Home in Your Pocket. No 'Apple air'. Probably just a sign for the rumored remote feature on the iPhone/Touch.

mjstew33
Jan 14, 2008, 05:14 PM
FAKE.

Exact same picture as the original posted. (The construction guys.)

Fake, move on people.

:rolleyes:

CWallace
Jan 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
Now that one makes much more sense. It says what it says, Your Home in Your Pocket. No 'Apple air'. Probably just a sign for the rumored remote feature on the iPhone/Touch.

Personally, I think it is a fake, but if it is not...

I wondered if "There's Something in the Air" meant a change of direction for Apple (like when they launched the original iPod or the iPhone).

So perhaps Apple is getting into the home automation market, controlled from the iPhone/iPod Touch via Safari?

Peace
Jan 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
Ok..

There IS something in the air.It hangs from your wall appearing to float.

That's the only hint I'll give out.

abrooks
Jan 14, 2008, 05:20 PM
100% fake, the bottom floor of Moscone West doesn't have banners like that. Where that banner is in that picture is actually where some badge pickup stands are.

Nice try anyway.

RidleyGriff
Jan 14, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ok..

Wall mount Apple Mac Plasmas? The all-in-one multi-media solution?

Hmmm.

plumbingandtech
Jan 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
Ok..

Did you change you avatar?

Oh and as to the hint: Apple is going to make lamps now? :)

(or are you saying an NAS for our media combined with airport?) :D

Shaduu
Jan 14, 2008, 05:24 PM
Just to add my own criticism of this fine here image. I recall someone mentioning earlier about how well the reflections had been 'shopped but I'm sure most people know how to flip, mask and lower the opacity of a layer, therefore creating simple reflections.

But wait, take a closer look at the reflection, what the hell is that green blob where the iPhone's home button should be? Looks fishy to me.

Pandaboots
Jan 14, 2008, 05:39 PM
spy photos are always blurry...it seems that a camera always takes a blurry shot when trying to prove something that is unbelievable. (eg. UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessy, Apple products) Why not make it a clear picture then we would all fall for it? Thanks for the laugh though.

lorductape
Jan 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
ok i don't believe this picture is real at all. but it makes sense.

MacBook Air? please.

iPhone Air? please.

new capabilities for the iPhone, features apple call "air," features that scale from their base stations to the computers to the iPhone and Touch? that I could believe.

Masquerade
Jan 14, 2008, 05:42 PM

i analysed the image bellow and its been patched
the original one, presented at the first one its real. also, if you look carefully there's a guy on the right side looking directly at the banner.

Project
Jan 14, 2008, 05:52 PM
LMAO..this is fake as hell.

Look at the "screen" of the iPhone. And how the perimeter doesn't meet the edge on the sides. Somebody has basically pasted a black rectangle on an image of the iPhone.

Still, I would love something like Back to my Mac on the iphone. Would be very useful and minimise the 8GB limitations.

TimJim
Jan 14, 2008, 05:53 PM

That one's more realistic than the other one.

decksnap
Jan 14, 2008, 05:58 PM
Ok..

You always seem to know something. Free vesa mounts?

One more hint please.

skunk
Jan 14, 2008, 06:00 PM

That's the only hint I'll give out.Anti-gravity wallpaper?

elcid
Jan 14, 2008, 06:02 PM
Just to add my own criticism of this fine here image. I recall someone mentioning earlier about how well the reflections had been 'shopped but I'm sure most people know how to flip, mask and lower the opacity of a layer, therefore creating simple reflections.

But wait, take a closer look at the reflection, what the hell is that green blob where the iPhone's home button should be? Looks fishy to me.

Sure looks like a picture of a globe (http://sandeep.weblogs.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/apple-iphone-hand.jpg)

IEatApples
Jan 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hmm… okay I think it's fake… but who cares anyway? It's only a few more hours now! :)

Personally I enjoy these fake/real discussions! :D

macfan881
Jan 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
Don't we have "air" already? I think it's called wireless and the autofinding thing is called Bonjour.. Not sure why there is a need to name something that we do everyday..

We connect wirelessly through AppleTV, Macs, iPhone etc already.. surely "air" would create confusion within the marketplace..

The iPhone now has: wireless, bluetooth, EDGE ..and... wait for it.... AIR! What? - What do we do with that?

If their main message from this years MacWorld is Wireless then they are surely going backwards.... therefore I think this image is a fake.

well first of edge and Wifi is not something everyone has but think a Global wifi signal it be good to have especaill for the ipod touch users and for people who have iphones and dont have a good edge signal.

MrGeePee
Jan 14, 2008, 06:14 PM
Interesting...

gazfocus
Jan 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think it's a fake. I've seen that "There's something in the Air" banner elsewhere on the net and it has some other writing on it (but it's impossible to see what it says) which is probably why this photoshopper has missed it off.

morningbrew2
Jan 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
the fist one that the original poster posted is real. the one with out "apple air" is not real. it was patched. Zoom in with your mac and see for yourself..

1. hold down the control key,
2. zoom by scrolling your mighty mouse

you'll see the one without "apple air" has paint over marks on it.

Cudadown
Jan 14, 2008, 06:18 PM
I have no idea if it is real or fake but I do know it was taken through plate glass which may make some anomalies in the pic. As far as hanging it for everyone to see.... whats the big deal... we see it and no one here can figure out what the hell it means so I guess its no big secret exposed by the location and visibility.

Sbrocket
Jan 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
I really hope someone goes through the trouble to point out the people who are claiming that the MacBook Air is a fake name as if they have some amount of credibility. Maybe they think that if enough people agree with them they won't feel as silly when its released.

On the other hand, these pictures just reek of fakeness. Not only would they be that careless with a big poster like that before the keynote occurs, but Apple's Macworld posters are rarely if ever that specific about upcoming features or products that haven't been released before the keynote. I know I've never seen one myself.

CWallace
Jan 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
Two major issues with that "iPhone @ Home" banner:

One - it has to violate SF fire codes so the Fire Marshall would be all over it.

Two - why the heck would Apple, after being so effective at keeping stuff secret, unfurl a huge banner with a new product in the middle of the day in the middle of a wall of glass windows with everyone standing in front of said wall with a camera?

In the past, has Apple unfurled banners at MacWorld with new products launched at the keynote? If they have not, then that's a third major problem right there.

I know we're all starved for info, and speculation is fun, but people are trying way too hard to "scoop" something that cannot be scooped...

Masquerade
Jan 14, 2008, 07:03 PM
something is wrong with this. if you think about it, only
1. only mac fans do photoshop fakes
2. mac fans tends to exagerate 'fakes' with long-rumored predictions (for example a mac tablet a bigger iphone or a iphone nano, the nanobook dock station...)
3.nobody pics the up to date moscone interior with a black curtain to fake it then...

so the disapoint with the Macbook Air scheme is to me the more accurate cenario. think that Apple will go with rental movies for pc's and apple tvs, and iTunes is a lame, poor and misplaced title for an application that syncs a variety of media with devices on any language (iMusica te pone el cine en casa) its lame even in spanish. sorry. :D

coolant113
Jan 14, 2008, 07:05 PM

JP

That is definitely fake! there is no point in whatever it is:apple::apple:

meagain
Jan 14, 2008, 07:32 PM
I would buy an Apple Universal Remote - moreso welcome this on my iPhone. I'd sell my Pronto. I want Apple to invade my living room please.

eliotschreiner
Jan 14, 2008, 07:42 PM
If it's the "home in your pocket", then why call it "Apple Air"?

WardC
Jan 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
Check this out...I took the portion of the image into Photoshop, expanded it a bit, and adjusted the brightness/contrast...look at the area under the iPhone, and you can clearly see something has been blotted out:

http://www.wardcurry.com/appleairfake.jpg

Stella
Jan 14, 2008, 08:30 PM

Just because a photo has photoshop tags doesn't mean its fake. The picture could have been improved ( i.e., brightened up etc ) or just the default graphic viewer.

However, the above post leads me to believe its fake.

If JohnPartridge gets his prediction right for what 'Air' is - I'm taking more notice of a few of his other predictions in this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4749820#post4749820

This post really makes sense to me, and has more merit than other predictions.

ILL Robinson
Jan 14, 2008, 09:03 PM
Ok..

Here's my take:

Apple's releasing Air: a HD Display/Media Center (along with remote) that syncs with the new renamed iTunes.

Which is perfect for me as I was trying to decide which HD display to purchase or wait until the next mac lappy was announced. :)

LoganT
Jan 14, 2008, 09:14 PM

JP

Well if it that is true that could still mean a Ultra Portable is coming.

Think about it this is obviously to access your home files over a network from an iPhone or any other device. This could be great for a low storage ultra portable.

ezekielrage_99
Jan 14, 2008, 09:25 PM
It's shopped, a pretty good Photoshop job but a fake never the less.

- The shadow and reflectiveness of the banners are completely inconsistent with the rest of the scene, you would expect to see a little of the lighter elements in the banners reproduced in the shiny floor and there is none.
- The artifacts around the text and iPhone is completely inconsistent with the rest of the elements in the scene
- There is also the "standard" burn/dodge/smudge looks on the banners.
- The green goo where the iPhone's reflection should be is another dead give away.

A good fake from far but far from good.

digitalnicotine
Jan 14, 2008, 09:30 PM
I think this is a crappy photoshop fake. The letters on the first sign are not properly aligned (slightly slanted), and the photo quality is horrible. If I was able to peek in those windows before the 15th, you can bet I'd be carrying a high powered camera with a zoom lens. A good photomanip wouldn't have all these artifacts and obvious errors.

aznkid25
Jan 14, 2008, 09:40 PM

It probably is the green box on the left side of the photo.

deannnnn
Jan 14, 2008, 10:09 PM
Go to sleep.
We'll find out tomorrow.

doo-hik-ee
Jan 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
This is not real.

Victor ch
Jan 14, 2008, 10:20 PM
Sure looks like a picture of a globe (http://sandeep.weblogs.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/apple-iphone-hand.jpg)

Good catch man! Yeah I call this one fake too.

-Victor

iCube
Jan 14, 2008, 10:25 PM
Brilliant! Keep 'em coming, Photoshoppers! It's all about the new AirPod!!

iliketomac
Jan 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
Rofl! Hahahaha... way to go Airpod!

ezekielrage_99
Jan 14, 2008, 11:06 PM
ROLF, that made my day I like :cool:

igglepuff
Jan 14, 2008, 11:13 PM
either very well shopped or no MacBook air by the looks of it.

well seeing as that isnt the moscone center, or no where in it i've ever seen (and ive worked at mw 3 yrs running) .. :p

iCube
Jan 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
Rofl! Hahahaha... way to go Airpod!

ROLF, that made my day I like :cool:

I could barely finish them I was laughing so hard!! Enjoy! :)

Johnpartridge
Jan 15, 2008, 07:05 AM
If JohnPartridge gets his prediction right for what 'Air' is - I'm taking more notice of a few of his other predictions in this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4749820#post4749820

This post really makes sense to me, and has more merit than other predictions.

Cheers mate. We will soon see :)

robgreene
Jan 15, 2008, 08:24 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/robgreene/.Pictures/7wsszs2b.jpg

Pyrix
Jan 15, 2008, 08:24 AM
That's one crappily designed and positioned banner if it is real. As soon as that room is full of people, you can't see the bottom of the banner. From a lot of angles you can't see the top either.

Topaz
Jan 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
ive heard that stevie boy will be introducing THIS today

chubad
Jan 15, 2008, 08:53 AM
Open the image in Photoshop and enlarge it to %2000. The rear banner intersects Perfectly with foreground objects. Sorry skeptics. This one is real.:p
Interesting picture though. It would seem that the thin Macbook will not be called Air.

coolant113
Jan 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
Maybe this picture has to do with integrating back to my mac with the iphone and/or ipod touch... that you can connect to your home folders on your computer and plug it into the computer that doesn't have internet access and download the folder/folders to it..... just a thought:apple::apple:

brendanryder
Jan 15, 2008, 09:23 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/robgreene/.Pictures/7wsszs2b.jpg

TOUCHE MY FRIEND :D

coolant113
Jan 15, 2008, 09:30 AM
hahaha wow look how easy is to edit something like this... all these are definetly fake!!:apple::apple:

ben5959
Jan 15, 2008, 10:03 AM
Not sure what the San Francisco Fire Marshall would say about a banner that extended all the way to the floor along a primary exit corridor... ;)

its infront of a stair case but not blocking any entrance to the stairs, and not directly blocking any entrances, As long it is made from approved flame retardant materials, it should be ok. Thats at least the code here where I work!

hyeok
Jan 15, 2008, 10:40 AM
ok, now I am 99% sure this is a hoax. Look at this picture:

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/01/IMG_57281.JPG

The above picture is from gizmodo.

kontheur
Jan 15, 2008, 02:54 PM
OK... OK... You trapped me...:D Here's the original:

http://frankreinders.nl/foto/600/apple_air_fake.jpg

I was laughing my *ss off :)
Thanks for all your reactions, and see you NEXT KEYNOTE!.

Bye bye, for now!