Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
I apologize if this was posted already but...

I saw, while driving through downtown LA last night, that Apple Computer Inc. has rented the LA convention center for October 20-21.

I have no clue what it is, though. Can anyone shed some light on the matter?

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
Its a music event....unvailing of iTunes for windows plus possible iPod accessories. All the big guns like cnet got sent a flywer saying something to the effect that the online music world just got bigger, or something. It's in the main news stories

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
It's nothing important. Apple is sponsoring/hosting a Driven by Design Seminar on the 21st from 9am - 5pm - the 20th is probably reserved just for setup. It's in Petree Hall, one of the smaller areas at the convention center.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but know. Be happy though - iTMS for Windows and a possible iTunes 5 next week, and Panther the week after that!

Seminar Info Here

000111one111000

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2001
DeKalb, IL
The LA Convention Center thing must be different.

The iTunes for Windows thingy is on the 16th and is in San Francisco at the Moscone center.

enoch

ColoJohnBoy beat me to it :)

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by ColoJohnBoy
It's nothing important. Apple is sponsoring/hosting a Driven by Design Seminar on the 21st from 9am - 5pm - the 20th is probably reserved just for setup. It's in Petree Hall, one of the smaller areas at the convention center.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but know. Be happy though - iTMS for Windows and a possible iTunes 5 next week, and Panther the week after that!

Seminar Info Here

Ah, ok. No bubble has burst, as I really didnt get my hopes up for anything spectacular. I was just making sure I didnt stumble upon anything during my late night drive through LA. :)
Usually Macrumors people know about important Apple stuff pretty quickly, so me not hearing about it pretty much ruled out the possibility of a huge event.

Thanks for the info everyone.

G3-Pwnz-G4

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2003
well...considering that early next year is the 20th aniversery of the Macintosh line (the TAM was 20 years of apple, not 20 years of mac) they just might be. think G5 + TAM = good :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.