Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I recently got a new (to me) car, and it doesn't have an auxiliary audio input. I have a CD deck that had one, that I bought for my previous car, and had it removed from it before I sold it. I liked plugging in my iPod to it and listening to my iPod in my car. I've seen some addons for the iPod that lets you listen to it over the car radio, and it would cost less for me to buy one than it would to have the CD deck put into my newer car. My question is, how good are they, and how good is the audio? Is it comparable to playing from the aux input of a CD deck? If it's pretty bad audio, or if it's noticeably worse, then I'm just gonna go ahead and have the CD deck installed in my newer car.

on a side note, I think it's funny that my computer (Mac G5) doesn't recognize iPod as a word, lol.

BassistKing1

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
u can buy radio transmitters that work with just the audio port, so u can use it with anything, not just the ipod. my brother has one and the quality seems fine to me. not much difference from plugging into a cd deck. or you could just get a tape cassette adapter if ur car has a tape player.

ramasis

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Go get one of these, i have one and there pretty good.

ebay number -----> 190189140094

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
u can buy radio transmitters that work with just the audio port, so u can use it with anything, not just the ipod. my brother has one and the quality seems fine to me. not much difference from plugging into a cd deck. or you could just get a tape cassette adapter if ur car has a tape player.

yeah, the reason why I bought the CD deck for my old car was because it only had a tape player, and I had a cassette adapter for it, but the audio quality, imo, wasn't very good.

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
I have a monster cable fm transmitter for my car and it sounds...decent. Nothing great, but its bearable. I think you should just re-install the CD player bc the fm transmitter I have is the "best one on the market" and it was like $80 and the sound is average. No bass. I would just keep the CD player input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.