Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
I have finally go my 12" Powerbook, It is fantastic, what also makes it good is my fast internet connection, I downloaded 150mb of updates in less that 4 minutes that was fantastic! I also have a .mac account, but at the moment I am just updating it, the fact that panther is coming out soon, means that I will have to spend another £100, nevermind, I am very Very happy, I think that I made the right chose to switch!!!!!

I will keep you updated

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Congratulations, buddy! You absolutely did make the right choice. And really, don't worry about the extra money for Panther - I'm running it right now (The final build too - 7B85). The interface is so much more sleek, performance is noticeably improved, an it's just overall bitchin' to have the latest and greatest that Apple offers. :D:D:D:D:D

matthew24

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
Netherlands
Congratulations and welcome.

It is allways great to hear that people keep switching, it shows that Apple is fighting the good fight. The darkside will not prevail against Apple. ;)

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Just a few more questions,

If I rip all of my music cds onto my mac without being connected to the internet, will I later be able to get all the track names when I connect to the internet?

In Microsoft Excel I am used to pressing alt and enter to bring text down to the next line in a cell, How do I do this on a mac, I can't seem to get it to work?

thank you

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Originally posted by cwedl
Just a few more questions,

If I rip all of my music cds onto my mac without being connected to the internet, will I later be able to get all the track names when I connect to the internet?

In Microsoft Excel I am used to pressing alt and enter to bring text down to the next line in a cell, How do I do this on a mac, I can't seem to get it to work?

thank you

Nope. I belive you have to be connected at the time you rip them for the track names to be included. Oh, what format/bit rate are you endocing in...just curious.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
AAC 128kbps, I believe that AAC produces better sound quality than MP3s, My iPod will be bale to play them back, So will stick with that.

I will just have to use my dial-up account when I go home so that it can update the track info.

Thanks anyway, any body know about my Microsoft Excel Problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.