PDA

View Full Version : Funny typo...

Bengt77
Oct 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
Apple has written the next sentence on this (http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/) page:

"Mac OS X Panther includes more than 150 new features including a new Finder, a revolutionary way of intantly getting to the windows on your desktop called Exposé, and high quality video conferencing with iChat AV."

Thought that's funny, since I never spotted a single typo on one of Apple's pages before. Anyone did spot some?!...

:rolleyes:

mrjamin
Oct 12, 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Bengt77
Apple has written the next sentence on this (http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/) page:

Thought that's funny, since I never spotted a single typo on one of Apple's pages before. Anyone did spot some?!...

the 17" powerbook page "boasted" a 1.25mhz G4 the day they were released

G5orbust
Oct 12, 2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Bengt77

thats not a typo, thats an error loading the text (looks like the ) properly.

but, 1.25 MHz is a typo :P

Counterfit
Oct 12, 2003, 10:00 PM
You missed it, it said "intantly" instead of "instantly"

LimeLite
Oct 12, 2003, 10:38 PM
I spotted one and reported it to Apple, but last time I checked they hadn't fixed it. When you go to the G5 Tech Specs, towards the bottom, they're talking about the USB ports, and every where else they say "one on front" but in this one part they mistakenly wrote "on one front". Not a big deal at all, but a mistake none the less.

dcoltonbrown
Oct 12, 2003, 10:43 PM
Apple has a typo...if we hold them to the same standards as other companies...that might mean that they are fake or a scam?

LimeLite
Oct 12, 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by dcoltonbrown
Apple has a typo...if we hold them to the same standards as other companies...that might mean that they are fake or a scam?
Not every thread needs to be turned into an argument.

zimv20
Oct 12, 2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LimeLite
Not every thread needs to be turned into an argument.

yes it does!

mrpuffypants
Oct 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
I have the distinction of spotting a typo in iTMS. Moby's song "Porcelain" was spelled "Procelain" or something like that.

It was the greatest moment of my life submitting that feedback :)

LimeLite
Oct 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by zimv20
yes it does!
Haha, I know what you're doing, and I don't like it! :D

zimv20
Oct 12, 2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LimeLite
Haha, I know what you're doing, and I don't like it! :D

yes, you do!

(ahhhh, the Argument Sketch -- still one of the greatest comedy sketches ever :-)

GeeYouEye
Oct 12, 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by mrpuffypants
I have the distinction of spotting a typo in iTMS. Moby's song "Porcelain" was spelled "Procelain" or something like that.

It was the greatest moment of my life submitting that feedback :)

They also had Barbara Steisand. The funny thing is though, the last name was spelled correctly for about half the songs in the album, and missing the 'r' for the rest

zimv20
Oct 12, 2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by GeeYouEye
They also had Barbara Steisand.

and doesn't she spell it "Barbra?"

plinkoman
Oct 12, 2003, 11:49 PM
" A exceptional computer demands an exceptional enclosure."

it should be An, not A

i noticed that when G5 first came out, it's still there

thats on the G5 page under design

dbally
Oct 13, 2003, 01:35 AM
I've always thought it'd be funny if company's put 'not responsible for tyopgraphical errors' in their disclaimers. Maybe it's just me . . . :p

tomf87
Oct 13, 2003, 07:40 AM
Even worse, I found some broken links on their page. I sent feedback and they actually just removed the links.

At http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html , they had a link for the words 12-inch, 15-inch, and 17-inch. When they linked to the pages, the number was in the wrong spot (12index.html instead of the correct index12.html). Looks like they just removed the links from the specs page altogether.