PDA

View Full Version : 20 People in line

Matthew Yohe
Jan 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
And here are the first Users conference people.

They split up the Users conference and Superpass lines this year.

Aniej
Jan 15, 2008, 12:07 AM
awesome pic. i am glad to see we are doing more line pics this year like we did for the iphone. keep em coming.

chaseardoin7
Jan 15, 2008, 12:32 AM
i'm jealous.

can't wait to order my macbook air in about 12 hours :P

chase :apple:

gusapple
Jan 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
I will be there next year you guys!!! (At 8 PM!)

Drumjim85
Jan 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
thank you Arn!!

bigandy
Jan 15, 2008, 12:42 AM
thank you Arn!!

what?

donlphi
Jan 15, 2008, 01:02 AM
how many do they seat for this keynote?

mattvolp
Jan 15, 2008, 01:04 AM
sitting, waiting, wishing...

jrlcopy
Jan 15, 2008, 01:49 AM
What a waste of a hotel room, I bet all those people are staying in hotels and yet could have saved a night by checking in later ;).

notredame.mac
Jan 15, 2008, 02:03 AM
Sitting, watching, waiting in Berlin! I'm trusting on you to keep me informed.

timdafweak
Jan 15, 2008, 02:47 AM
Sitting, waiting with bated breath, watching, refreshing here in the Netherlands!

Marble
Jan 15, 2008, 03:18 AM
the faithful arrive
sitting refreshing wishing
for the opening

aswitcher
Jan 15, 2008, 03:21 AM
Are there any "live" blogs of people queuing.

fromalk
Jan 15, 2008, 03:28 AM
the guy in the chair on the left looks like kevin rose :D

dalvin200
Jan 15, 2008, 03:29 AM
according to my iPhone its 01:30 in SF!!

These events are becoming mental!! lol..

although if i was there i'd be in the queue too!! ;)

JackSYi
Jan 15, 2008, 03:34 AM
posting from the keynote line via iPhone. Note: very cold. Google guys had gargantuan tent.

cokeboy@mac.com
Jan 15, 2008, 04:14 AM
What time will the keynote be live as I live in the UK

And im just in from work tiered & hungry but don't want to miss anything :D

All the best
George

BornAgainMac
Jan 15, 2008, 04:21 AM
I wish I was there. I wish next year CES would allow Jobs to do their keynote to share the experience with non Apple fans. That might even help drive up marketshare. Gates is not even in the same league with this keynote.

ArtOfWarfare
Jan 15, 2008, 04:29 AM
Why in this age of such amazing technology and streaming over the internet and stuff... do we still have to get into long lines like that one?

Come on... doesn't Apple have it's user friendly alternative to standing in line? Or having to fly their to see it?

They should stream it live to a couple hundred theaters... or why not in the Apple Store? They should give live coverage in the Apple store...

teleromeo
Jan 15, 2008, 04:39 AM
There was a live stream that everybody could see until some years ago.
What a pity apple cancelled that and brings us the show only a few hours later.

bigandy
Jan 15, 2008, 04:40 AM
What time will the keynote be live as I live in the UK

5pm. look at the countdown on the www.macrumors.com page. :p

wordmunger
Jan 15, 2008, 05:24 AM
Why in this age of such amazing technology and streaming over the internet and stuff... do we still have to get into long lines like that one?

Come on... doesn't Apple have it's user friendly alternative to standing in line? Or having to fly their to see it?

They should stream it live to a couple hundred theaters... or why not in the Apple Store? They should give live coverage in the Apple store...

Ummm... yes, they do. SuperPass holders don't have to wait in line. So pay more money and you don't have to wait. Also there are overflow rooms at the conference, so you can see it on closed-circuit TV if you don't want to wait in line. Everyone at the conference gets to see it live. Also they are putting it on closed-circuit TV for press in london, so those folks can see it too.

My guess as to why they don't open it to a wider audience is because they want to give an incentive for people to actually attend the conference.

chipchen
Jan 15, 2008, 06:54 AM
Ummm... yes, they do. SuperPass holders don't have to wait in line. So pay more money and you don't have to wait. Also there are overflow rooms at the conference, so you can see it on closed-circuit TV if you don't want to wait in line. Everyone at the conference gets to see it live. Also they are putting it on closed-circuit TV for press in london, so those folks can see it too.

My guess as to why they don't open it to a wider audience is because they want to give an incentive for people to actually attend the conference.

Not really. IDG runs the show... separate from Apple, who is technically just an exhibitor. If I'm right, MacWorld Boston went on without Apple a few years ago.

Matthew Yohe
Jan 15, 2008, 07:08 AM
At about 4:45 I counted 370.

Its now 5:06, media everywhere now they have had everyone stand and condense the line. I assume we will be inside shortly.

I'm about 70 back.

BigPrince
Jan 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
Dont count on being let in too early. Last year it was a lot later then many of us wanted.

chinesechikn
Jan 15, 2008, 07:18 AM
We are lucky here in australia. Keynoke kicks off at 3:30am Wednesday (local time)... with a 5-6 hours delay means the feed should be up around 9am. Should be able to avoid all tech news sources, and hopefully I can get the stream happening in the bottom corner of my screen at work like I did last year!

longofest
Jan 15, 2008, 07:25 AM
At about 4:45 I counted 370.

Its now 5:06, media everywhere now they have had everyone stand and condense the line. I assume we will be inside shortly.

I'm about 70 back.

You assume too much, methinks. I'm thinking 7 at the earliest.

To add insult to injury, not only is there a line for the keynote, but there is a line for starbucks as well.

neoserver
Jan 15, 2008, 07:27 AM
Brings back good memories of MWSF2004... but back then, we got into line at about 4:30... and there were only maybe 30 people ahead of my father and I...

*sigh* Wish I could be there!

For MWSF, I believe they let us in between 7:30 and 8:00... and we hung out in a line inside until it was time to enter the hall...

downtownblue
Jan 15, 2008, 07:32 AM
For those in line at 4am in San Francisco, I'm sorry to tell you that there are no more Nintendo Wii's at this location, the PS3 isn't worth the money, the iPhone can also be purchased from an AT&T Store and that Harry dies. :D

Evangelion
Jan 15, 2008, 07:34 AM
By the time the keynote starts, the smell of BO will be overpowering....

Matthew Yohe
Jan 15, 2008, 07:37 AM
fake Steve has arrived

mainstreetmark
Jan 15, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm at home sleeping in my warm bed. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, I'll be able to keep an eye on things from the Eastern Time Zone with only a few minutes of delay.

big_malk
Jan 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm at home sleeping in my warm bed. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, I'll be able to keep an eye on things from the Eastern Time Zone with only a few minutes of delay.

Your writing to these forums while asleep? You just cant get anough of the good ol' Apple rumors!!:apple:

jazzkids
Jan 15, 2008, 07:52 AM
What ever happened to the guy who waited 5 days for his iPhone?

Evangelion
Jan 15, 2008, 08:15 AM

He's still waiting.

dalvin200
Jan 15, 2008, 08:18 AM
By the time the keynote starts, the smell of BO will be overpowering....

and that will be "something in the air" :D

maverick808
Jan 15, 2008, 08:18 AM

He's now waiting in the queue for the iPhone nano

mainstreetmark
Jan 15, 2008, 08:28 AM
How does Jobs get in? Is there like some rock star entrance somewhere? I guess so - back stage, etc.. It'd be pretty weird if he walked by all you guys, all turtlenecky.

ryanguill
Jan 15, 2008, 08:31 AM
The apple store is now down...:)

thejadedmonkey
Jan 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
snip...
and that Harry dies. :D

No he doesn't!

Jaymes
Jan 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
Ummm... yes, they do. SuperPass holders don't have to wait in line. So pay more money and you don't have to wait.

Right. I had work pay for me to go last year, and I had a super pass. I showed like an hour before the Keynote, and they split me off into a separate line. After all was said and I done, I wound up about 10-12 rows from the stage.

So I guess the moral of the story is: Try to get someone else to buy your pass! :D

bigmc6000
Jan 15, 2008, 08:47 AM
No he doesn't!

Gaa!!!! Nooo, I had made it this whole time without knowing ANYTHING about the last book. I'll just pretend that I still don't know who dies. I'm waiting for the movie :) (Don't wanna spoil the movie by reading the book because it's likely to be in much greater detail and, in the case of that stupid House Elf thing, blessedly shorter)

Anyway, I like the timing - it fits in well with my lunch break :)

anotherarunan
Jan 15, 2008, 08:48 AM
apple store down! :D

gifford
Jan 15, 2008, 08:57 AM
How does Jobs get in? Is there like some rock star entrance somewhere? I guess so - back stage, etc.. It'd be pretty weird if he walked by all you guys, all turtlenecky.

"all turtlenecky" ha ha ha!

Popeye206
Jan 15, 2008, 09:04 AM
"Com'on, com'oonnn..."

Is it 9am yet????

KindredMAC
Jan 15, 2008, 09:05 AM
I don't know why you guys paid for a Super Pass....

I paid for an "Ultimate" Pass and Steve just finished giving me a private Keynote here at work and is flying back to San Francisco to give the same presentation to all of you waiting in line.

:D :p :D

SeanSweeney
Jan 15, 2008, 09:11 AM
i'm jealous.

can't wait to order my macbook air in about 12 hours :P

chase :apple:
same here, im stuck in school, its impossible to get macworld out of my head while im in my classes!! ahhhhhh

Popeye206
Jan 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
Bill Gates was just seen in the San Fran airport! :eek:

Buschmaster
Jan 15, 2008, 09:27 AM
Wouldn't you know it, I have class from 11-1 (in Minnesota) so I won't be able to follow it this year. :(

But hey, at least there should be a break around noon, when I can see what the updates are since I'll have my computer (or iPhone) with me.

The store seemed to go down fairly early this year.

Let's hope for lots of great updates!:)

ianm
Jan 15, 2008, 09:42 AM
Why is there a queue - is Springsteen playing ?

bytethese
Jan 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
Is it noon yet? We're jonesing in my office!

PS
It's pretty funny reading "the brits" use queue instead of 'in line'. Makes me think of stacks, linked lists, oh the agony! :)

Drumjim85
Jan 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
what?

haha... it was late at night, the front page said posted by arn, and i assumed it was him doing the talking,,, but i was wrong...

Plumbstone
Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 AM
Gaa!!!! Nooo, I had made it this whole time without knowing ANYTHING about the last book. I'll just pretend that I still don't know who dies. I'm waiting for the movie :) (Don't wanna spoil the movie by reading the book because it's likely to be in much greater detail and, in the case of that stupid House Elf thing, blessedly shorter)

Anyway, I like the timing - it fits in well with my lunch break :)

Way way way off topic! Unless the "something" in the air is the new iPotter on his broomstick, but I dunno , it seems kind of unlikely.

And if I were you, I wouldn't spoil the book by watching the movie first....

shoulin333
Jan 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
no updates? cmon