PDA

View Full Version : Irc?

shrimpdesign
Jan 15, 2008, 01:08 AM
Is there an IRC chat this year?

WildCowboy
Jan 15, 2008, 01:17 AM
MacRumors IRC (http://www.macrumors.com/2003/06/08/macrumors-irc-channel-macrumors/) is always open. :)

shrimpdesign
Jan 15, 2008, 01:22 AM
I tried irc.krono.net and irc.macrumorslive.com ... no one in the macrumorslive one, and krono.net doesn't work.

WildCowboy
Jan 15, 2008, 01:29 AM
Good point...thanks for checking. I'll leave a note for Knox...hopefully he can provide more info when that side of the world wakes up in a bit.

Knox
Jan 15, 2008, 03:34 AM
irc.krono.net #macrumors is the 'official' IRC channel and is open all year round. During the keynote itself it will contain the live feed and will be moderated so you won't be able to speak, while discussion takes place in #macrumorschat.

irc.macrumorslive.com is a temporary server and is only used for the keynotes. Again, #macrumors is where the feed is while #macrumorschat is for discussion.

Krono should be working again, but irc.macrumorslive.com will have a lot more servers on it so is more likely to cope.

shrimpdesign
Jan 15, 2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Knox. I had fun on the IRC channel last Stevenote.

illitrate23
Jan 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
yep, thanks for the recap of info Knox - i've now got it running via Colloquy on my iPhone