PDA

View Full Version : The wait is killing!!

mhml92
Jan 15, 2008, 02:09 AM
ARG!!! I cant stand this any longer! Its to much!
If find myself reading the same internet sites over and over again! Desperately hitting F5 in the hope of some news or hints of what is going to be revealed at the keynote!!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo bored and yet so exited!! how do you guys handle this!

edesignuk
Jan 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
Being this excited you're only gearing yourself up for bitter disappointment. Chiiilllllll.

mhml92
Jan 15, 2008, 02:16 AM
nah.. All i want is a new macbook pro and if its not in this keynote it will be in the next... but what is really exiting part is if apple announces this new macbook.. sort of like a hint of what to come the next couple of years

backtothefuture
Jan 15, 2008, 02:39 AM
as excited as i am right now, i can only be disappointed tommorow. screw being chill. i'm all for the dramatic high of anticipation and the dismal life ending low of being let down.

Bring it own, Jobs!

MacQuest
Jan 15, 2008, 03:01 AM
If find myself reading the same internet sites over and over again! Desperately hitting F5 in the hope of some news or hints of what is going to be revealed at the keynote!!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo bored and yet so exited!! how do you guys handle this!

Welcome to the Apple community "newbie"... where down is up, the norm is not, and pain is pleasure.

;)

teleromeo
Jan 15, 2008, 03:01 AM

use the force of your nick and let us all know ... :D

joefinan
Jan 15, 2008, 03:10 AM
nah.. All i want is a new macbook pro and if its not in this keynote it will be in the next... but what is really exiting part is if apple announces this new macbook.. sort of like a hint of what to come the next couple of years

I'm in the same situation - but if they don't announce a new MBP would you wait til the next keynote before you get one??

dalvin200
Jan 15, 2008, 03:18 AM
Being this excited you're only gearing yourself up for bitter disappointment. Chiiilllllll.

well said mate..

i think everyone should just calm down

have low expectations and whatever is announced will be a bonus! :)

PowerFullMac
Jan 15, 2008, 03:25 AM
I'm excited about this rumored MacBook Air, if it really is as thin as the hype says, and it it had a low-power CPU, it will be cheaper as well!

Also im wondering what the update to the iTouch/iPhone will bring (besides what we know) and who knows what other surprizes await us! So excited!!!!!!! 5PM!!!!!!! (In the UK, anyway)... :apple: :D

Impulz
Jan 15, 2008, 03:30 AM
I'm in the same situation - but if they don't announce a new MBP would you wait til the next keynote before you get one??

Same for me. Can't wait to replace my 4yr old Windows notebook with a MBP. Since this will be the first time I'll be using a Mac you can probably understand I'm quite excited :D. I guess I'll buy one either way, though an updated revision would be nice, the current revision is still quite powerful and should last for some time.

iBlue
Jan 15, 2008, 03:35 AM
http://upc.edesignuk.com/uploads/macros/ChillPill20mg.gif

Jazzatola
Jan 15, 2008, 03:36 AM
I'm in the same situation - but if they don't announce a new MBP would you wait til the next keynote before you get one??I was all ready for the rumoured ultraportable at last year's MacWorld and I've waited another 12 months now. Luckily I have my 12" G4 to keep me going but if it doesn't happen this year I think I might crack and buy one of the existing MacBooks.

emotion
Jan 15, 2008, 03:48 AM
I'm excited about this rumored MacBook Air, if it really is as thin as the hype says, and it it had a low-power CPU, it will be cheaper as well!

That logic doesn't follow, LV and ULV chips cost more.

As for dealing with the excitement, enjoy it while you can. The anticipation is usually more exciting that the actual keynote or what it brings (I've been watching this stuff for around 12-13 years).

That's not to say I don't have some extreme hopes as well as the more realisable ones - and that I'm slightly over-excited too :)

I was all ready for the rumoured ultraportable at last year's MacWorld and I've waited another 12 months now. Luckily I have my 12" G4 to keep me going but if it doesn't happen this year I think I might crack and buy one of the existing MacBooks.

I cracked over a year ago (I've had 2x12" powerbooks so far, now on a black macbook). I'd love to see something small and fully featured in the laptop range again.

mhml92
Jan 15, 2008, 03:56 AM

no:( i kind of need it within the next couple of weeks...

but still.. even if your not a mac fanboy this is still one of the biggest events in the tech-nerd yearbook..
If it wasn't for my lousy sanity i would be jumping around in a white robe and a tinfoilhat praising anything white/black/aluminum until the keynote begins..
but i'll just have to wait until 6 pm (denmark)..

mroseneo
Jan 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
i'm all for the dramatic high of anticipation and the dismal life ending low of being let down.

That is true poetry. :rolleyes:

AppleMatt
Jan 15, 2008, 04:26 AM
I cracked over a year ago (I've had 2x12" powerbooks so far, now on a black macbook). I'd love to see something small and fully featured in the laptop range again.

I'm in the same position, but haven't cracked (yet). Which do you prefer? Why? What's the MacBook's keyboard like in comparison? Anything else?

AppleMatt

emotion
Jan 15, 2008, 04:35 AM
I'm in the same position, but haven't cracked (yet). Which do you prefer? Why? What's the MacBook's keyboard like in comparison? Anything else?

I really like my MB now (after 15 months!). I much prefer it to this 15" SR MBP that work recently (September) got me.

As for the keyboard I hated it when I got it but like all Apple keyboards, it has worn in and now it's pretty good.

Bottom line though, it's not a 12" Powerbook replacement. It's more like a slightly smaller 15" MBP.

A 13.3" small and light Apple laptop (smaller bezel than MB, a lot lighter, even the same spec) would have me buying one as soon as possible.

jonswan
Jan 15, 2008, 04:52 AM
Isn't the wait part of it? It's not all me me me now now now is it? Relax, enjoy the anticipation, and soon enough you'll get the visual feast ... even if it does have a silly name...

illitrate23
Jan 15, 2008, 04:54 AM
What's the MacBook's keyboard like in comparison?
I've got a MacBook and i replaced the keyboard on my imac with the new style flat one. takes a little getting used to, but after a day or two i very much like it. i think i can type faster and there's less travel involved in pressing each key

if you're worried about it - and it looks like the new laptops are going to have the new flat style keyboards - then i'd wait an try it out in an Apple Store before you order one. i can see how it would just feel too weird for some people, but i find it easier than typing on the standard dell keyboards we have here at work that now feel like you need to press each key for miles before they type a character.

wongulous
Jan 15, 2008, 05:23 AM
Can't sleep, Zunes will eat me...

coolant113
Jan 15, 2008, 05:54 AM
I am going crazy too... i am soooo excited i keep reading everything over and over again... i stayed home from school so i could follow it... i am so hyped for this:apple::apple:

thesdx
Jan 15, 2008, 06:25 AM
Me too! I woke up at 6:30am and kept on reading all the blogs and rumor sites for tidbits that I may have missed, and checking all of the live coverage sites to see who's already in line. I stayed home from school, too. I've already got my Spaces loaded for when the keynote starts:

Space 1: Safari on MacRumors front page
Space 2: Live coverage (MRLive, LoopRumors, MacScoop, and SlashGear
Space 3: Apple store to check when it goes down
Space 4: Apple front page for when the keynote is over

edesignuk
Jan 15, 2008, 06:27 AM
I've already got my Spaces loaded for when the keynote starts:

Space 1: Safari on MacRumors front page
Space 2: Live coverage (MRLive, LoopRumors, MacScoop, and SlashGear
Space 3: Apple store to check when it goes down
Space 4: Apple front page for when the keynote is overWhen the Keynote starts, all you need is MRLive, the rest is pointless ;)

thesdx
Jan 15, 2008, 06:31 AM
When the Keynote starts, all you need is MRLive, the rest is pointless ;)

True, but I like to have as many as possible, so I can get maximum info.

Tallest Skil
Jan 15, 2008, 06:32 AM

Keep your pants on. Think of us over in the Mac Pro forum: Five. Hundred. And. Eighteen. Days. Your wait is meaningless. That said, I hope yours is over, too! ;)

DoFoT9
Jan 15, 2008, 07:30 AM
lol 2nd that. i have a countdown timer to wake me

(its on at 3am in my country damn yous all lol)

cant wait!!!!! my gf will b bying her MacBookAir when it comes out :) so excited!!!!!!

emotion
Jan 15, 2008, 07:30 AM
Keep your pants on. Think of us over in the Mac Pro forum: Five. Hundred. And. Eighteen. Days. Your wait is meaningless. That said, I hope yours is over, too! ;)

I think the wait for a 12" powerbook replacement is longer than that!

Jazzatola
Jan 16, 2008, 11:08 AM
I was all ready for the rumoured ultraportable at last year's MacWorld and I've waited another 12 months now. Luckily I have my 12" G4 to keep me going but if it doesn't happen this year I think I might crack and buy one of the existing MacBooks.Gutted.

I'm sure it's exactly what some people wanted but the Macbook Air is too expensive, too big and too underpowered for me. I think it looks pretty ugly too. Such a shame after waiting so long. I've just ordered the bottom of the range MacBook instead. I hate Apple. :)

mhml92
Jan 16, 2008, 11:17 AM
Gutted.

I'm sure it's exactly what some people wanted but the Macbook Air is too expensive, too big and too underpowered for me. I think it looks pretty ugly too. Such a shame after waiting so long. I've just ordered the bottom of the range MacBook instead. I hate Apple. :)

lol