PDA

View Full Version : What if there is no MacBook Air?

MacMonkee
Jan 15, 2008, 06:45 AM
I was browsing through the forums and came across this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=414297 and it got me thinking - What if there is no MacBook Air? What if its just another Nike + sports kit?

Imagine the angry posts on the forums if this turned out to be true!

siurpeeman
Jan 15, 2008, 06:48 AM
angry posts? it comes with every update, every product launch, and every keynote. it's a part of the apple community. it's something to weather.

arkitect
Jan 15, 2008, 06:50 AM
What if there is no MacBook Air?
Imagine the angry posts on the forums

Oh, but even if it was announced there will be angry posts… and lots of them as well. ;)

deputy_doofy
Jan 15, 2008, 06:54 AM
Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if they come out with a Macbook Air product. To me, "Something in the air" means airwaves, but I could be wrong. It would still be interesting to see a face lift on the laptop line, so I welcome some sort of thinner Macbook (Pro). Not holding my breath, though. I'll let Apple surprise me. :)

I DO look forward to the 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 complaints after the Keynote that will be posted about why Apple still sucks and why some person will have to go and buy a Dell now. These are usually newbies and it is always their first (and only) post on MacRumors. :D

wongulous
Jan 15, 2008, 06:58 AM
I won't be surprised if the MacBook Air was either a smokescreen (but by god it'd better be a better product than the smokescreen!!), or just the Mac rumor community as a whole taking a tiny lark and SERIOUSLY running with it. You'd think it was the gospel of what would occur at MWSF according to some of these forums, and even Wired FFS! :rolleyes: ;)

r.j.s
Jan 15, 2008, 06:59 AM
I DO look forward to the 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 complaints after the Keynote that will be posted about why Apple still sucks and why some person will have to go and buy a Dell now. These are usually newbies and it is always their first (and only) post on MacRumors. :D

I just dont understand why those people go through the process of registering, just to say that they were disappointed that *rumored product* wasn't announce or why *announced product* sucks because it doesn't have this feature or it does that instead of this. It just doesnt make sense.

Fearless Leader
Jan 15, 2008, 07:02 AM
...I DO look forward to the 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 complaints after the Keynote ...

I cant wait to see a 9342282000000 times increase in total posts in the site.

I really dont think there will be a MacBook Air, it all feels too non-appleish. Although I will be pissed if they dont release my idea, a MacPro the size of an Iphone and can cook things with microwaves (you know through the "AIR")

r.j.s
Jan 15, 2008, 07:05 AM
...a MacPro the size of an Iphone and can cook things with microwaves (you know through the "AIR")

A Mac Pro that size wouldn't need to use microwaves, the heat it gives off would accomplish that as well as heating the rest of your house.

JFreak
Jan 15, 2008, 07:09 AM
So what? They'll release what they have ready, our wild and unrealistically high expectations have nothing to do with that. Reality bites ;)

razorianfly
Jan 15, 2008, 07:09 AM
I was browsing through the forums and came across this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=414297 and it got me thinking - What if there is no MacBook Air? What if its just another Nike + sports kit?

Imagine the angry posts on the forums if this turned out to be true!

'Theres something in the air' is referring to this years THEME of products at the Macworld expo. Its not a product name.

See here for some realistic predictions: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=414390

R-Fly

Project
Jan 15, 2008, 07:11 AM
Thats the problem with forums like these. Almost every conceivable product gets speculated on and for the 98% of them that aren't announced, inevitably people will be disappointed. I think I would be disappointed if there was no mention of the iPhone SDK. Its what I am most looking forward to as having a significant impact on my day-to-day computing. Another notebook running the same OSX won't.

But if people come on the boards and are angry, then they need counseling.

Fearless Leader
Jan 15, 2008, 07:14 AM
A Mac Pro that size wouldn't need to use microwaves, the heat it gives off would accomplish that as well as heating the rest of your house.

Thats why its docking station is a metal block where your furnace was.

ak47kalam
Jan 15, 2008, 07:14 AM
To me, "Something in the air" means airwaves

That was exactly what I thought too... some new wireless technology perhaps? WiMax?

r.j.s
Jan 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
Thats why its docking station is a metal block where your furnace was.

Makes sense ... Hopefully it will save on the heating costs ...

aprilfools
Jan 15, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hey, The Beatles are finally coming to iTunes... "Something in the Air" she moves... :)

Devil's Refugee
Jan 15, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm expecting an AppleTV that can stream HD content wirelessly to a revamped Apple Cinema Display and no wires required

;)

I don't think it's a new laptop, silly name for starters. The reference to Air means something else imo

LizKat
Jan 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thats the problem with forums like these. Almost every conceivable product gets speculated on and for the 98% of them that aren't announced, inevitably people will be disappointed. I think I would be disappointed if there was no mention of the iPhone SDK. Its what I am most looking forward to as having a significant impact on my day-to-day computing. Another notebook running the same OSX won't.

But if people come on the boards and are angry, then they need counseling.

Nah. They needed counselling when they were three years old. Too late. Now they're three years old forever ;)

chubad
Jan 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
Let's just say it would be a great buying opportunity for Apple stock! ;)