PDA

View Full Version : Get a cheap MacBook at the apple refurb store now

zerrrox22
Jan 15, 2008, 07:34 AM
Looks like there are many MacBooks as well as MacBoko Pro's on sale in the Apple Refurb shop. I'm not saying its proof we're getting new laptops today, but if you're looking to save a bundle and don't mind "previous gen" hardware it looks like a pretty good deal. :)

scienide09
Jan 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
There are lots because no one has been buying in anticipation of either a) new models in the main store, or b) further refurb price reductions on the current gen when new models start hitting the refurb store.

Either way, refurbished products are a good way to grab a Mac at reduced prices.

mrkramer
Jan 15, 2008, 08:23 AM
Even if you know you want a previous gen, you don't want to buy right before a keynote because prices will usually drop if a new rev comes out.

UKFletch
Jan 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
Looks like there are many MacBooks as well as MacBoko Pro's on sale in the Apple Refurb shop. I'm not saying its proof we're getting new laptops today, but if you're looking to save a bundle and don't mind "previous gen" hardware it looks like a pretty good deal. :)

However, as the Store (well the UK one at least) is now down...

We'll have to wait!

shen
Jan 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
"There are lots because no one has been buying in anticipation"

i was at the local Apple store 4 days ago and the place was packed and i watched 3 iMacs and 7 notebooks and a mini leave in just over an hour. i mentioned MWSF to an employee and he laughed and said most people didn't know about it. they are not having ANY trouble selling stuff in the run up.

yeah, people who hit these forums are not buying, but everyone else is going to town and laying their cards down. look at estimates for Apples sales over the holiday! :D

ScottFitz
Jan 15, 2008, 09:15 AM
history will look back and focus on the day Apple got into bed with Intel as being the turning point for Apple computer sales. market share has been steadily on the rise since then.

The funny thing is that I'm one of those people that was convinced that once Apple was able to run Windows XP, I could buy a Mac. So, I bought one, loaded WinXP thru Bootcamp and the only time I use it is for my taxes.

I thought I'd need office, but it wasn't long before I just bought a copy of OfficeMac 2004 and I've never looked back. I haven't booted into XP since last Oct 15th. Go figger.

w8ing4intelmacs
Jan 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
Even if you know you want a previous gen, you don't want to buy right before a keynote because prices will usually drop if a new rev comes out.

Actually, the prices on refurbs don't usually drop until refurbs of a new rev come out, maybe 2 to 3 months after initial release (although i haven't seen any refurb ipod touches, and believe me, i've been looking).

mrgreen4242
Jan 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
history will look back and focus on the day Apple got into bed with Intel as being the turning point for Apple computer sales. market share has been steadily on the rise since then.

The funny thing is that I'm one of those people that was convinced that once Apple was able to run Windows XP, I could buy a Mac. So, I bought one, loaded WinXP thru Bootcamp and the only time I use it is for my taxes.

I thought I'd need office, but it wasn't long before I just bought a copy of OfficeMac 2004 and I've never looked back. I haven't booted into XP since last Oct 15th. Go figger.

It's funny how that works. It's a safety net... you won't do something till you have it, but it turns out you don't really need it.

DrHokis
Jan 15, 2008, 03:17 PM

So how long do you think it'll take before the macbook current line drops in price???

i need one bad!