PDA

View Full Version : MWSF - iPhone in Canada

Stella
Jan 15, 2008, 07:36 AM
Just a few minutes ago on BreakfastTV - Toronto, they said there were rumours going around that iPhone Canada will be announced today in SJ's keynote.

Not heard of this rumour before but this morning.

Thoughts?

mdthomas8
Jan 15, 2008, 07:55 AM
Just a few minutes ago on BreakfastTV - Toronto, they said there were rumours going around that iPhone Canada will be announced today in SJ's keynote.

Not heard of this rumour before but this morning.

Thoughts?

Could make sense - and source of the rumour might have some credibility now that CityTV is owned by Rogers...

I'm still waiting for the CDMA version though!

Mike

scienide09
Jan 15, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm still waiting until the ridiculous Canadian prices drop to come in line with airtime and data packages offered elsewhere.

mr.light
Jan 15, 2008, 08:07 AM
I'm still waiting until the ridiculous Canadian prices drop to come in line with airtime and data packages offered elsewhere.

Ditto:)

Stella
Jan 15, 2008, 08:11 AM
Could make sense - and source of the rumour might have some credibility now that CityTV is owned by Rogers...

I'm still waiting for the CDMA version though!

Mike

Think you may be waiting a while for CDMA version.

Over the weekend I was reading an article ( Globe and mail IRC ) that Telus are seriously considering starting a GSM network.

mdthomas8
Jan 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
Think you may be waiting a while for CDMA version.

Over the weekend I was reading an article ( Globe and mail IRC ) that Telus are seriously considering starting a GSM network.

I did see rumors that Apple were talking to folks in Japan though... and Japan is all CDMA.
Still hoping...

MacinDoc
Jan 15, 2008, 08:28 AM
I doubt that a Canadian iPhone is big enough news to make the Keynote, but it could happen quietly today or some time later this month, if Apple has persuaded Rogers to compromise on data plan rates.

Hawkeye411
Jan 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
I am just about to buy a Blackberry. I guess I will wait a bit to see if the iPhone comes out in Canada.

I have noticed that none of the Blackberry devices that have wifi are offered in Canada. I'm not sure why that is?? I can only guess that Rogers doesn't like the idea of its customers being able to download email and surf the web without being charged (lol).

Cheers,
:apple::)