PDA

View Full Version : Apple Online Stores Going Down!!

mroseneo
Jan 15, 2008, 07:24 AM
The sites for Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and a few others are down now. Hopefully something good is comming!:D

^squirrel^
Jan 15, 2008, 08:22 AM
Store down UK, here we go!!!!

skyrider007
Jan 15, 2008, 08:23 AM
I want to see how much the new Mac Pro will cost according to my specs, however I can't access the online Apple Store.

Is this only happening to me?

Mark Morb
Store down UK, here we go!!!!
Beat me to it ;)

Can't wait to get my iMac ordered......I'm actually looking forward to the learning curve moving away from PC's/Windows

:)

onicon
the store just went offline seconds ago (i was just browsing it for something nice ;))

... its comming ...

a456
Jan 15, 2008, 08:24 AM
L ooks like air is no vapourware then.

xUKHCx
Jan 15, 2008, 08:24 AM
They could at least change the message because it is definitley not a short down time. It'll be at least 6 before it comes back if not 6.30/7 which is 4 hours from now.

mrkramer
Jan 15, 2008, 08:25 AM
yay now we get to add to more speculation about what is coming out.:D

Devil's Refugee
Jan 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
Well, the store is down, so I'm expecting an AppleTV that can stream HD content wirelessly to a revamped Apple Cinema Display and no wires required

;)

razorianfly
Has the store ever gone down this early? - i.e 2 1/2 hours before the actual keynote?

I thought last year it went down just under an hour away?

Anyway - good news. And Yes, 'Theres something in the air', is coming.

R-Fly

samh004
And it starts :D

^squirrel^
Jan 15, 2008, 08:28 AM
I dont recall it ever going down this early.... maybe it's going to be a massive update!!!!!!

sunfast
Jan 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
I don't get why it has to go down for so long. Surely they could make their updates offline and move them rapidly?

Unless of course they are doing people a favour by stopping them buying kit that's very shortly to be updated. But I doubt it!

PokezoN
Jan 15, 2008, 08:31 AM
http://store.apple.com/

^squirrel^
Jan 15, 2008, 08:31 AM
I was looking at the store as it went offline. I noticed that the Airport Express had shipping times of 2 weeks. Thought that was a little odd for an old product, maybe its got something to do with the "Air" thingy'me'bob????

officerdick
Jan 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
You beat me to it!

This is kind of early isn't it?

Devil's Refugee
Jan 15, 2008, 08:33 AM
Well, the store is down, so I'm expecting an AppleTV that can stream HD content wirelessly to a revamped Apple Cinema Display and no wires required

;)

Does anyone else think that the poster reference is nothing to do with a new slim notebook ?
The reference just sounds more like a new wireless device to me. MacBook Air is a bad name imo

GeekLawyer
And off we go....

samueltan
It seems there must be something new today.

dalvin200
Jan 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
its just maintenance...

the calm before the storm

^squirrel^
Jan 15, 2008, 08:36 AM

;)

Does anyone else think that the poster reference is nothing to do with a new slim notebook ?
The reference just sounds more like a new wireless device to me. MacBook Air is a bad name imo

I agree, i think it has nothing to do with a new laptop!!!!

EDIT - nothing to do with a slim laptop.

wordmunger
Jan 15, 2008, 08:37 AM
It seems there must be something new today.

You think? Wouldn't it be a hoot if SJ just stood up there for the keynote and said "Hi everyone. Nothing new today. Any questions?"

thesdx
Jan 15, 2008, 08:39 AM
Oh boy! :D Macworld's comin'!

CorkBOY
Jan 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
Same in Ireland :rolleyes:

Andrmgic
Jan 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
You think? Wouldn't it be a hoot if SJ just stood up there for the keynote and said "Hi everyone. Nothing new today. Any questions?"

Yes, actually.

That would be hilarious :)

MacRumorUser
Jan 15, 2008, 08:45 AM
Same in Ireland :rolleyes:

Your a Corkboy lad, couldn't ye just nip down the road and bash on the door for the info ;) :D

Nice to see a new member for the Irish contingent on the site :)

giangimac
Store down Italy, here we go !!!! :apple::apple::apple:

RHD
I agree, i think it has nothing to do with a new laptop!!!!

EDIT - nothing to do with a slim laptop.

I agree too.
I think the new laptop is a cert but I think the "Something in the Air" thing is a different concept. I'm suspecting something like an Airport Express that connects your TV and stereo to your mac so you can play videos from iTunes direct to your TV wirelessly.

Any takers?

samueltan
Jan 15, 2008, 08:48 AM
I think we are close to the truth.

anotherarunan
Jan 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
anyone else reckon the whole site is gonna have a major facelift...with the new font they used in the macworld banners?

mrgreen4242
Jan 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
I agree too.
I think the new laptop is a cert but I think the "Something in the Air" thing is a different concept. I'm suspecting something like an Airport Express that connects your TV and stereo to your mac so you can play videos from iTunes direct to your TV wirelessly.

Any takers?

You mean an AppleTV? Because that is exactly what you are describing.

In any case, I wish they would stop with this store going down business. Just take away the checkout process and put a not in its place saying "we're updating our product catalog, orders will be accepted shortly" so that people can still browse and price shop, etc. It's not like every Apple customer is waiting with bated breath for the keynote to finish. Plus, they don't shut down Apple retail stores, so it's all kind of silly.

ajhaji
Jan 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
I think we are close to the truth.

The truth is out there. :-D

NewbieNerd
Jan 15, 2008, 08:53 AM

Steve would lose probably half of his assets as Apple stocks PLUMMMET. ;)

coolant113
Jan 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
Wow this is going to be a big international release being that all of the international stores are going down.... one can only speculate..:apple::apple:

tgeary
Jan 15, 2008, 08:58 AM
US sites are down now....:D

squeeks
Jan 15, 2008, 08:59 AM
Has the store ever gone down this early? - i.e 2 1/2 hours before the actual keynote?

I thought last year it went down just under an hour away?

Anyway - good news. And Yes, 'Theres something in the air', is coming.

R-Fly

yes the store ALWAYS goes down this early, when the new ipods a came out a few months ago it was down almost all day

and just because the store is down dosent mean anything really super huge is coming, they could be just updateing some specs or changing the theme:D

mhml92
Jan 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So soon now!

Sannekita
Yep... Belgium's down too

bmorris
i have to admit.
this
is
awesome.

def like a calm before a storm.

Chrispy88
Jan 15, 2008, 09:03 AM
I don't get why it has to go down for so long. Surely they could make their updates offline and move them rapidly?

Unless of course they are doing people a favour by stopping them buying kit that's very shortly to be updated. But I doubt it!

I think that's exactly it! For example, if I ordered an iMac G4 and received an iMac G5, I might be upset - maybe I wanted to movable arm!

RHD
Jan 15, 2008, 09:03 AM

In any case, I wish they would stop with this store going down business. Just take away the checkout process and put a not in its place saying "we're updating our product catalog, orders will be accepted shortly" so that people can still browse and price shop, etc. It's not like every Apple customer is waiting with bated breath for the keynote to finish. Plus, they don't shut down Apple retail stores, so it's all kind of silly.

I haven't paid much attention to the Apple TV box because here in the UK there is still pretty much zero content available for it. I didn't realize it was wireless.

Project
Jan 15, 2008, 09:04 AM

1. It builds hype
2. Its tradition

TBi
Jan 15, 2008, 09:07 AM
Your a Corkboy lad, couldn't ye just nip down the road and bash on the door for the info ;) :D

Nice to see a new member for the Irish contingent on the site :)

I wouldn't go up the northside (where apple is) if you paid me! Dangerous up there. Almost as bad as Kerry :D

chubad
Jan 15, 2008, 09:11 AM
US Store is down. Man. This is really early for the store to go down isn't it? The keynote is not for a few hours.

4God
Jan 15, 2008, 09:13 AM
US Store is down. Man. This is really early for the store to go down isn't it? The keynote is not for a few hours.

Crazy!
Yeah, I guess that means the store will be down for another 4 hours. :eek:

Macchino
Jan 15, 2008, 09:14 AM
Denmark is down to....

Uhhh its sooo exiting, but guess who have a meeting at the exact same time as the Keynote. Now thats just not fair:mad:

squeeks
Jan 15, 2008, 09:15 AM
This is really early for the store to go down isn't it?

no

like i said, it always goes down a couple of hours before an event like this

dazcox5181
Jan 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
Youtube just went down with a service unavailable error!?

ifonline
Jan 15, 2008, 09:27 AM
Youtube just went down with a service unavailable error!?

Could just be a coincidental glitch...

tgeary
Jan 15, 2008, 09:29 AM
Youtube and Apple are in bed together... this could be related?

Chris204
Jan 15, 2008, 09:41 AM
Canada is also down!

Antj29
Jan 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
Apple to announce there bored with being different and SJ wants to sell to microsoft, oh and admits a gay relationship with Bill gates. Wow what a bombshell, then people will forget about the lack of a 3g iphone announcement.....lol

I have got my iphone set to macroumorslive.com so i can enjoy the updatres of the keynote on my way home on the train tonight

koloo
Jan 15, 2008, 09:51 AM
apple online store canada down!
rite on!

Word Warrior
Jan 15, 2008, 10:02 AM
You all sound a lot like I did on Christmas morning. Forty odd years ago. We're all a bit older now so be patient. As the song goes.
"Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. What will the future be. Que sera sera.":D

Just like to watch keynote and see all those disciples drewling (how do you spell that?) at every word of the great god Jobs.

Just an hour to go:apple:

UpQuark
Jan 15, 2008, 10:03 AM

I would fall out of my chair! LOL

MacinDoc
Jan 15, 2008, 10:22 AM
Of course the store is down for the Keynote, as usual, so I won't dignify this thread with a reply...

...oops, I just did! :D