PDA

View Full Version : FA: Fried? ATI 9800 Pro 256mb G4/G5

OrangeSVTguy
Jan 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
just figured i'd put this on here for anyone interested. it was originally a PC card that i flashed to Mac. card worked great until i decided to put another heat sink on it but unfortunately there wasn't good contact and over heated the card. anyways if anyone knows how to fix it(if it can be fixed), you can get a good cheap 9800 pro.

Click here for the auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230211719715&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013)

Free shipping for MR members

ReanimationLP
Jan 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
I'd specify broken in big, bold letters.

The way you have the auction title and all, it doesnt say that its broken until halfway through the long description.

Most people dont read the descriptions, so I'd say to prevent having a problem, clarify in big bold letters at the top or bottom that the things broken.

OrangeSVTguy
Jan 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
thanks for that advice, i'm gonna do that now. considering i've already had numerous questions about "does this work"... guess they didn't read! thanks again for the suggestion!

ReanimationLP
Jan 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
thanks for that advice, i'm gonna do that now. considering i've already had numerous questions about "does this work"... guess they didn't read! thanks again for the suggestion!

No problem.

These cards are kinda weird.

I had a 9800XT, which I pulled out for my X1950 in my PC, and put it aside in a box.

Went to go use it a month later, it refused to show any video onto the screen.

Probably committed suicide when I was upgrading. :rolleyes:

OrangeSVTguy
Jan 15, 2008, 06:35 PM
now hopefully they will read the big red bold letters at the bottom the page. :D

and i was thinking of listing my sawtooth up and getting a mini or something as the 9800 is a good selling point to push the g4 a lot quicker. oh well guess it will just have to wait :p