Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SubaruNation555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
I searched here and on Google and couldn't find any concrete solutions.

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.5.1 and Photoshop 10.0.1 and Bridge 2.1.1.9. Whenever I crop a photo in Photoshop it defaults the resolution to 9999 ppi and the width to .014 inches. The only way I can crop anything is using Camera RAW. Doesn't make a difference if the photo is a JPEG, RAW or PSD.

I cannot figure out what is going on and it's really driving me nuts. It only started happening after upgrading to CS3. Any suggestions?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I searched here and on Google and couldn't find any concrete solutions.

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.5.1 and Photoshop 10.0.1 and Bridge 2.1.1.9. Whenever I crop a photo in Photoshop it defaults the resolution to 9999 ppi and the width to .014 inches. The only way I can crop anything is using Camera RAW. Doesn't make a difference if the photo is a JPEG, RAW or PSD.

I cannot figure out what is going on and it's really driving me nuts. It only started happening after upgrading to CS3. Any suggestions?

What is the resolution and width of the image before you crop it? Is it reasonable?
If it is than I think the best place to ask for help is Adobe Tech Sopport. They are really good I got a replay to a question last Sunday close to midnight, I was expecting to have to wait at least until Monday afternoon.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Do you have the resolution set to pixels/cm instead of pixels/inches?

I know resizing with a 300 Pixels/cm instead of P/Inches makes it fairly big

SubaruNation555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
The images I am working with have a resolution of 72ppi or 240ppi are a reasonable/average size in width. I will contact Adobe tomorrow, their support site seemed hard to navigate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.