PDA

View Full Version : Internet is UNBELIEVABLY slow

thesdx
Jan 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
Right now, the Internet is EXTREMELY slow. And it's not just Apple's website and the rumor sites, it's everything. Everyone's probably checking out the MacBook Air, downloading iTunes/iPhone/iTouch updates, etc. Anyone else noticing this?

Slip
Jan 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
Nein. It's probably more localized, ie, your connection, telecoms company doing updates; could be a host of things.
If it continues for more than about a week then I would get in contact with the ISP

yellow
Jan 15, 2008, 02:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (BB-8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

This kind of like saying "the highway is slow" and meaning in the whole world. Yes it may be slow for your corner of the world.. But not here.

lorductape
Jan 15, 2008, 02:21 PM
i don't know where you live... but its true for me too, everything on apple servers + macrumors. of course, it's to be expected.

mrgreen4242
Jan 15, 2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, I've noticed this a bit as well, and as a system admin I've had a couple people mention it as well.

Matiek
Jan 15, 2008, 03:19 PM
The internet in Denver, Colorado has been horrible this morning. I've used it in three different places and have noticed it in every place I went, including my flat. I have 4 mb internet in my flat.

I've heard that unless the internet infrastructure is improved that around 2014 no one is going to be able to have new websites. Has anyone else heard stuff like this?

overcast
Jan 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
Right now, the Internet is EXTREMELY slow. And it's not just Apple's website and the rumor sites, it's everything. Everyone's probably checking out the MacBook Air, downloading iTunes/iPhone/iTouch updates, etc. Anyone else noticing this?
You can't honestly believe that an Apple announcement has ability to slow down the internet.