PDA

View Full Version : good cheap webcam for macs

maise
Oct 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
i recently switched to a brand new 15.2 powerbook, which had been amazing...no problems with the actuall machine so far. One problem i do have is that my webcam is not compatible for macs. It was VEO. I need a wc that is compatible with messenger programs like yahoo messenger. I don't need something with amazing quality, just something that works well. Please let me what you think will work the best. Thanks for your help.

Waluigi
Oct 12, 2003, 10:47 PM
I have an economical logitec web cam on my P4, and an iSight on my G5. I can honestly say that although the iSight is more expensive, it is every penny worth it due to the autofocus, the ease of setup, and the fantastic video quality. Get the iSight, and you'll be really happy.

--Waluigi

maise
Oct 12, 2003, 11:02 PM
the isight is what i would want, but money definitely an object in my decision.

maise
Oct 14, 2003, 05:33 PM
any other recomendations besides the isight?

intendedaccel
Oct 14, 2003, 10:39 PM
Keep in mind that any USB cam will not work with iChatav without a hack. I have a Logitech Quickcam 4000 and it works well with Yahoo messenger, but not even close to good as my girlfriend's iSight.

DakotaGuy
Oct 14, 2003, 11:13 PM
How about the iBot Firewire cam...I think it's around $100 depending on where u get it. Not as good as the iSight, but less expensive and should work well with iChat AV and other messenger programs.

bousozoku
Oct 15, 2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
How about the iBot Firewire cam...I think it's around $100 depending on where u get it. Not as good as the iSight, but less expensive and should work well with iChat AV and other messenger programs.

I've seen iBot and one other for about $100 as well. It doesn't include a microphone but iSight does.

The USB webcams are really all that's available cheaply, but that's what you get. :rolleyes: