PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone that bought the 5 Apps

Hls811
Jan 15, 2008, 02:55 PM
I've got 2 questions actually...
1) Can you now use Yahoo Mail? I know w/ a Jailbroken iPT you couldn't unless you purchased the push service seperately from Yahoo.. Does it list Yahoo as a pre-defined option now and if so, does it work?

2) Does the Webclip thing display one icon on your desktop for each web clipping or is there a WebClip icon and then more within there? Do the Webclips get updated automatically or you have to manually open each one to get them updated?

(I'm trying to determine if its a suitable replacement for an RSS reader - if it were to update automatically and I could browse the clippings offline I'd be content with it - if it was going to require me to click each one before I left the house it would somewhat defeat the purpose).

Thanks in advance!

pab277
Jan 15, 2008, 09:19 PM
I do not completely understand your questions but i'll give em a shot.

1. When you first go the mail app, it will show 5 options for mail, the first is Y!mail...which i assume is yahoo mail, the second is gmail, third is .mac mail, fourth is aol mail, and the fifth is 'other'

2. Example; say i was on the nytimes page, if I pushed add, then add to homepage, it will take a snapshot of what is currently being displayed on that page and the url of that page. So when i tap the icon on my homepage, it will take me to the url i basically 'bookmarked"

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g
Jan 15, 2008, 11:07 PM
just to let u know I bought the apps and the mail app works awesome with my my yahoo mail!!

chall5
Jan 16, 2008, 03:26 AM
just to let u know I bought the apps and the mail app works awesome with my my yahoo mail!!

Yeah it works well with Yahoo! Mail, can I get it to prompt me for my password when I press the Mail icon ? At present if I lost my iPod the thief would be able to get my email

Skitals
Jan 16, 2008, 06:37 AM
Yeah it works well with Yahoo! Mail, can I get it to prompt me for my password when I press the Mail icon ? At present if I lost my iPod the thief would be able to get my email

I'm not sure about mail specifically, but you can set a passcode for the entire device.

Sweetbike40
Jan 16, 2008, 07:30 AM
I have the basic free yahoo account and mail works perfectly. Just enter your email address and password. It displays attachments too!!

Hls811
Jan 16, 2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the input guys - I went ahead and bought the apps last night before I got any answers and I'm happy to see that Yahoo now works - to me, that justifies the $20. If I wanted Yahoo to work with it jailbroken I would have had to pay $20 a year - now its a one time cost.

As for the Webclips - I'm going to give that a try later and mess around with it!