PDA

View Full Version : how to scroll on ibook?

pesos
Jan 15, 2008, 03:04 PM
installed a clean leopard install on my gf's ibook.

wondering how we can get more advanced scrolling options like i get with my MBP - the choices in syspref on her machine are so limited. is there a 3rd party option that can do this?

also, i'm assuming we will be able to install iphoto from her original 10.3 cds?

thanks!

heatmiser
Jan 15, 2008, 03:07 PM
You can do it with Sidetrack; that's what I used on my iBook. Since you're using a G4, I think there's a program called iScroll or something like that that also works.

Wireless Buddy
Jan 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
installed a clean leopard install on my gf's ibook.

wondering how we can get more advanced scrolling options like i get with my MBP - the choices in syspref on her machine are so limited. is there a 3rd party option that can do this?

also, i'm assuming we will be able to install iphoto from her original 10.3 cds?

thanks!

Eek, Leopard on an iBook? Good luck...

Is it a G3 or G4?

zioxide
Jan 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
The 1.33 G4 ibook has 2 finger scrolling & right click abilities built in to Leopard. If she has an older one, you'll need iScroll or something.

pesos
Jan 15, 2008, 04:21 PM
odd - after running software update the scrolling choices appeared in syspref. very weird!

thanks...

GimmeSlack12
Jan 15, 2008, 04:23 PM
Eek, Leopard on an iBook? Good luck...

Runs fine on mine. And yeah, the scroll pad only has the two finger scrolling option.