PDA

View Full Version : How to Stream Movies?

Mac In School
Jan 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
Looks like I'm going to need to make some room for HD rentals. These things are going to be a big hit at my house.

I've heard people talk about doing this, but can't figure out how to do it. LOL.

How do you sync your music and photos, but stream your movies? I've been digging around in iTunes, and can't figure out how.

Thanks.

blackbones
Jan 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
On your apple TV go to sources and find your computer. Should allow you to access all content in your computers iTunes folder

imlucid
Jan 15, 2008, 06:46 PM
In 2.0, managing your syncing/streaming content is going to be much much easier.

Kevin

JohnnyGadgets
Jan 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
itunes is where you configure what gets sync'd , then on the atv under Sources you can select either atv or your itunes library on you mac/pc. I only sync photo's and some movies to the atv and just stream the music and other movies. i'm experimenting whether is works better to stream or sync movies. right now the movies are streaming very nicely. this is with wireless g too!! if your music is higher than 192K bit rate then maybe syncing would work better. my Roku Soundbridge streams my wma lossless over g just fine.