PDA

View Full Version : lost and distraught... 12" Powerbook replacement

mill2000
Jan 15, 2008, 05:24 PM
until this morning, i was looking forward to replace my choppy laptop with something that was going to be called the "air". i'm sure it's going to be a great product and it's where the pc industry will be headed maybe in a year or two, but the one that's released this morning is definitely NOT the answer.
so I ask: what should I buy? should i go get a pc? I'm looking for something that would replace my 12" powerbook. the macbook pro's too bulky for my taste, macbook's underpowered and still a little bulky. i really think the air would have faired much better if it had thinner bezels.
but anyways, here's my list:

thinkpad x61
macbook
toshiba r500
sony tz

CrackedButter
Jan 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
Suck it up and buy the MacBook like I did. It'll last longer than the MBA at least anyway.

I use to be madly in love with the 12" PB but now I have a MB, meh, it isn't a big deal.

weg
Jan 15, 2008, 05:49 PM
until this morning, i was looking forward to replace my choppy laptop with something that was going to be called the "air". i'm sure it's going to be a great product and it's where the pc industry will be headed maybe in a year or two, but the one that's released this morning is definitely NOT the answer.
so I ask: what should I buy? should i go get a pc? I'm looking for something that would replace my 12" powerbook. the macbook pro's too bulky for my taste, macbook's underpowered and still a little bulky. i really think the air would have faired much better if it had thinner bezels.
but anyways, here's my list:

thinkpad x61
macbook
toshiba r500
sony tz

Well, I for one will probably go with the x61 tablet once my 12" Powerbook is dead, since Apple is obviously not going to produce a tablet or a 12" MacBook pro. But what you need depends entirely on the applications you run, and you didn't mention anything about that...