PDA

View Full Version : Best Announcement of the keynote...

fluidedge
Jan 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
...without a doubt, for me - Time Capsule.

NAS with wireless, server class remember so it'll be quality.

Sounds kickass - 1TB for me please!

nickane
Jan 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
i agree but only cos HD movie rentals weren't international and i live in the uk.

the macbook air disappointed hugely purely cos we heard that it would be SSD as standard and cost $1499 from 9to5mac, and altho common sense told me better, the expensive truth was a bitter pill to swallow. maybe rev. B will be priced more reasonably.

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 07:24 PM
HD DVD Rentals and the Apple TV Updates. I think I might be making a purchase.

ravenvii
Jan 15, 2008, 07:37 PM
Time Capsule for me too. I wanted this very thing a few months ago. Time to sell my AirPort Extreme and get this thing!

Oh and the iPhone 1.1.3 update... :D

nebulight
Jan 15, 2008, 08:28 PM
What really makes me upset about time capsule is I already made my own when leopard beta was out and supported this with the USB port on the airport extreme. I went out and bought a airport extreme and a USB external drive, then when I bought leopard, they dropped this feature and now have a totally new product. GRRR

coolant113
Jan 15, 2008, 09:57 PM
my ? is with the time capsule.. can only be used to backup time machine.. or can you partition it and use it as a external hard drive as well... or do you have to just hook one up to the usb port on the time capsule?? thanx:apple::apple:

nickane
Jan 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
Not sure what you mean by partitioning it, but it also works as a NAS solution so that you could use it as a media server that all your computers can access wirelessly. It's alarmingly good value for money if you factor in the cost of a lacie and an APX.

I don't have leopard so that's all I'd want it for.

macfan881
Jan 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
:apple: TV take 2 with the movie rental announcment and itunes store on :apple:tv

and time capsule a nice device to have a cheap external 1 tb drive with built in 8021n

ipod touch update addition the new google maps and now you can get yahoo mail finally i think thats worth the 20 bucks in my opinon

Jan 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
my ? is with the time capsule.. can only be used to backup time machine.. or can you partition it and use it as a external hard drive as well... or do you have to just hook one up to the usb port on the time capsule?? thanx:apple::apple:

The specs seem to indicate it can be used as network storage... and is also going to be accessible to AppleTV once the AppleTV software update is released.

javierbds
Jan 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Time capsule too (and that iPhone/Touch SDK will be released as planned :p).
The Air is PowerBook 12'' evolved, and will get most media attention ...

olternaut
Jan 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if you could plug the new superdrive straight into a time capsule? That way everything would be wireless. Or better yet how about making the time capsules stackable so you can keep expanding your archives and or cd drives?

YoungCreative
Jan 16, 2008, 01:52 PM
Time Capsule! Now I can throw my old Gateway P3 machine that has been used as my home file/print server to the recycle bin!

Perfect timing, too. I was planning to upgrade my WiFi to 802.11N this month. A few weeks wait won't kill me.

Woohoo!:D