PDA

View Full Version : what happened to "one more thing..."

stovetop6872
Jan 15, 2008, 07:15 PM
i was looking forward to mbp updates and cinema displays after the macbook air. why didn't steve do his "one more thing..." like he usaually does?

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 07:16 PM
i was looking forward to mbp updates and cinema displays after the macbook air. why didn't steve do his "one more thing..." like he usaually does?

Only Steve knows. You can ask him if you want.

kockgunner
Jan 15, 2008, 09:13 PM
maybe he forgot :)

ErikAndre
Jan 15, 2008, 09:16 PM
I think they may be holding off on the cinema displays until later this year when they update the MacPro to the new Nehalem processor. The new Mac Pros may even sport the new look we've all been speculating and the new displays will carry a built-in iSight.

Who knows what the reason is..

CJRhoades
Jan 15, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm guessing that the MBP is going to be updated in Feburary.

cuestakid
Jan 16, 2008, 01:19 AM
after today-I think the only person who knows this is Steve himself-not even the engineers or even Product Development

AirmanPika
Jan 16, 2008, 09:19 AM
I can almost picture Jobs marching into the Final Cut user group today saying "Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention..." as he gets up front. Remember there's supposedly a "super secret" announcement for today there...at least thats what apple calls it.

nickane
Jan 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
I'm pretty sure Jobsy hasn't done a "One More Thing" (which is annoying, cos even ppl who've noticed this still hope for them) since they did an event actually called "One More Thing" about 2 years ago. Last Macworld's keynote was just about the AppleTV (which we'd heard about 3 months previous as the iTV) and of course the iPhone, with no OMT whatsoever.

I think they scrapped it because internet hype and Thinksecret's rumour success rate meant that the "One More Thing" was usually leaked beforehand anyways, so when they did it, it was less of a nice surprise and more of a relief that the rumour sites hadn't gotten our hopes up about nothing.

montex
Jan 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
I think it's wise of Steve not to overuse the "one more thing..." bit. Any other CEO would haul out that line until it gets done to death, but Steve saves it for something special. And that's what I like about it. We Mac geeks know that the next time his Steveness utters the phrase, we will get something fantastic to go along with our nerdgasms.