Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBookMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Who is the best AppleCentre in Sydney?

Say, based on:

Service
Products
Pricing

?? Thoughts?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I have heard that AppleCentre Taylor square is good. Don't go to hurstville. Wollongong is good too. Best to ask us any questions though as these people don't know anything past:

"iMovie, iPhoto and iTunes all come free on your new iMac. Did you know your mac has a very powerful 800Mhz processor. It is faster than most pentiums."

Like i said - ask us.

weev

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
What a DOROTHY DICKS!

You know, when backbenchers ask questions that their ministers want to answer.

Thank you Mr Speaker, I would like to praise myself, thank you Dorothy who we name this parlimentary rort after.

PowerBookMan is the manager of the Apple Store TaylorSquare!

Brouhahahahahahahahah

In this case then, he is Dorothy, and benixau must be the minister.

See his post here (near bottom):
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40287

Need I say more.....

PowerBookMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Weev - are you a child?

The reason I asked this question was to see what users think of the locations around Sydney.

I am interesting in knowing wich stores are considered to be the best, and which ones are considered bad.

Its this a crime, worthy of your childish reply?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
actually i have been to taylor square and as explained in another thread didnt buy there because i had a better deal from a friend at wollongong. i also got edu on top of that.
really - you insult me. how many apple centres do you think i have NOT visited .....

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Answering the question in the spirit was asked. I have had experience in the last few years with 3 apple Centres. Based on my personal criteria which are based on parking,service department and the helpfulness and knowledge of the staff Apple Taylor square is better than Apple broadway or Next byte. Mind you none of them take Amex:( and my preffered supplier for mac games is Try and Byte in Artamon.

Since personal bias has allready been brought up. Well I have done work for Byte shop,computerworld and CED in Auckland but nothing with the stores mentioned above:)

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I'm in the burbs, so I go to Baulkham Hills. They have a pretty good centre and the guys there are pretty cool, always down for talking anything. I haven't been there in a while (since I bought my computer over a year ago) . I think I should stop in and see the G5s sometime

PowerBookMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Panther Launch, 25th October 2003 - 9am SATURDAY

Guys,

AppleCentre TaylorSquare will be launching Panther Mac OS X 10.3 Saturday 9am, 25th October 2003.

If you come on down, you can go into the door prize to win an Apple iSight valued at $259.

You can also purchase Panther on the day, we will be running 3 seminars covering the advantages, and there will be 6 staff in-store on the day to answer questions.

Feel free to drop on by - who knows.... you might win the camera!

BENJAMIN MORGAN
AppleCentre TaylorSquare

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.