PDA

View Full Version : iBook "no battery available"

LightRob
Jan 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
I recently bought a new battery and new charger from powerbookmedic.com (the apple branded ones are way too expensive) and everything worked find for about 3 weeks. Then suddenly the battery icon got the dreaded 'X' in it, I did some troubleshooting myself, upgraded firmware, installed battery update 1.1 and reset the PMU and still nothing. So I called apple only to find out that my iBook is out of phone coverage but the guy was still nice enough to try to help me and he had me do everything I had already done and then he said the only thing he can think of is a failing logic board. I came to that conclusion myself, but I don't want to accept it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reflow
Jan 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
I recently bought a new battery and new charger from powerbookmedic.com (the apple branded ones are way too expensive) and everything worked find for about 3 weeks. Then suddenly the battery icon got the dreaded 'X' in it, I did some troubleshooting myself, upgraded firmware, installed battery update 1.1 and reset the PMU and still nothing. So I called apple only to find out that my iBook is out of phone coverage but the guy was still nice enough to try to help me and he had me do everything I had already done and then he said the only thing he can think of is a failing logic board. I came to that conclusion myself, but I don't want to accept it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you called powerbookmedic? That seems to be your problem. Better yet find someone with a model like yours and swap out batteries if you can..

LightRob
Jan 16, 2008, 06:13 AM
That was actually the first thing I thought to do after I got off the phone with apple. I called and got a message saying "you have called us outside of business hours, our phone support is available 9a-4p M-F" and I work 7a-4p M-F, so I'm kinda screwed there since my IT department won't let me bring my laptop to work.

Unfortunatly I live in a VERY conservative area and not many people that I know own a mac, let alone an iBook.

Hate to do it, but I might have to take a half-day off of work just to call powerbookmedic.

Reflow
Jan 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
That was actually the first thing I thought to do after I got off the phone with apple. I called and got a message saying "you have called us outside of business hours, our phone support is available 9a-4p M-F" and I work 7a-4p M-F, so I'm kinda screwed there since my IT department won't let me bring my laptop to work.

Unfortunatly I live in a VERY conservative area and not many people that I know own a mac, let alone an iBook.

Hate to do it, but I might have to take a half-day off of work just to call powerbookmedic.

That sucks, why don't you try to call them during you lunch break. Just an idea...