PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get their Spoiler-Free Keynote link?

ErikAndre
Jan 15, 2008, 09:09 PM
Can't say the wait was worth it, knowing how much we knew already from leaks, but...

Did anyone (who subscribed) get an email from MacRumors notifying them the keynote was available online?

I signed up for the spoiler-free keynote link, confirmed my email address (2-3 days ago) and waited around tonight and nothing. Around 7p EST, I had my girlfriend go to the apple site and sure enough... they keynote is online. Even to this hour (10p), i still haven't received an email notification from MacRumors. Of course, I could be the only one...

:confused:

trojan18
Jan 15, 2008, 09:22 PM
No, I didn't get one either.

I bookmarked the no spoilers page and someone posted the direct link to the stream in the comments about a half hour after the keynote ended.

If you didn't know to look in the comments, you would have had to wait about another hour before Macrumors posted that stream link on the actual no spoilers page.

And no e-mail. Pretty weak.

ryannel2003
Jan 15, 2008, 09:29 PM
I had signed up a couple of days ago, and low and behold: I didn't receive a e-mail either. Oh well, I couldn't contain my excitement and went to the Apple website anyway! :D

bjett92
Jan 15, 2008, 09:31 PM
Didn't get one either, so I just went to the spoiler-free page and found the link there. First time every watching a keynote without knowing the outcome first. :D So much better this way.

onewiseman
Jan 15, 2008, 10:11 PM
Can somebody please link to the keynote stream or the MacRumors page from this thread?

I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.

Aperture
Jan 15, 2008, 10:13 PM
Can somebody please link to the keynote stream or the MacRumors page from this thread?

I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.

Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm) ya go. Out of curiosity, how did you navigate to this thread without seeing some of the headlines?

samdaman1313
Jan 15, 2008, 10:26 PM
i had signed up for the text message updates a few days ago... i was stuck at school all morning, and at around 10:30ish got my phone to check it out. I was expecting atleast 5 to 10 messages, like the site said. Instead, I had one. From 8:56 AM saying "the keynote will start in 30 minutes" thats it! i got no other messages at all, and got a friends iphone taken away by trying to check the website, but EDGE was waay too slow, and we got caught..

did anyone else have this issue without getting their SMS updates?

:mad:

Aperture
Jan 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
i had signed up for the text message updates a few days ago... i was stuck at school all morning, and at around 10:30ish got my phone to check it out. I was expecting atleast 5 to 10 messages, like the site said. Instead, I had one. From 8:56 AM saying "the keynote will start in 30 minutes" thats it! i got no other messages at all, and got a friends iphone taken away by trying to check the website, but EDGE was waay too slow, and we got caught..

did anyone else have this issue without getting their SMS updates?

:mad:

I signed up and received no text messages.

aznkid25
Jan 15, 2008, 10:49 PM
I signed up for text and email notification but got nothing. If you want to download the keynote, heres the link:
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/iphone/972345688g_1_ip.mp4
Just right-click and save.

ErikAndre
Jan 16, 2008, 05:59 AM
update:

I just received my macrumors email... at 3AM EST!!! 1/16/08. :(

Man, glad I didn't wait.