PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Custom iPhone Home Screen

ghall
Jan 15, 2008, 10:22 PM
Well with the new update out, I was curious too see how other people arranged their iPhone home screens, and how much thought went into the arrangement.

As for me:
The first row is for internet related apps
The second row is for media related apps
The third row is for tools and utilities
The forth row is for the settings
and my most used apps go on the dock.

I also positioned the Safari, iPod and clock apps in locations I can easily reach with my thumb since those are the three apps I use a lot, and I put iTunes, YouTube, Notes, and Maps in awkward places because I hardly ever use them. I'm constantly tweaking the layout as I see fit, but this is what I currently have.

FetalSage
Jan 15, 2008, 10:27 PM
I currently have my home screen on the default. But I have all my Web Clips on the second screen/page. keeps it a little more organized.

Jeremy1026
Jan 16, 2008, 11:48 AM
I currently have my home screen on the default. But I have all my Web Clips on the second screen/page. keeps it a little more organized.

Mine is the same way.

ghall
Jan 16, 2008, 12:07 PM

Mine is the same way.

You guys are so boring. :p

abijnk
Jan 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
I've gone OCD on this thing, I keep thinking of ways it might be more useful to me. I was like that when it was jailbroken too, so I guess I should have known better. I wonder if Stevie is going to pay my psych bills if this thing ever gets broken and I have to be without it...

scr1968
Jan 16, 2008, 04:07 PM
I am currently trying alphabetical on page 1 and web clips on page 2. We will see how long that lasts.

SR

zombitronic
Jan 16, 2008, 04:32 PM
I must say, these webclips really make web apps (http://www.apple.com/iphone/webapps/) a lot more convenient and intriguing, especially if the creators of the apps take advantage of creating a webclip icon (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/01/16/creating-a-webclip-bookmark-icon/).

bc008
Jan 16, 2008, 07:22 PM
Mine is the same way.

as is mine, although i switched SMS and safari around.

FetalSage
Jan 19, 2008, 11:04 PM
My webclips:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9519/iphoneec6.png

notnek
Jan 20, 2008, 01:05 AM
I just put my thumb on an app, closed my eyes, moved it, then let go. It's good to just mix things up.

Lord Sam
Jan 20, 2008, 04:54 AM

again, same. But my sms app is now on the doc.

ravenvii
Jan 20, 2008, 03:33 PM
Mine are in alphabetic order. First page contains all the apps, plus a couple of webapps. The second page contains websites (that are not webapps).

(And FetalSage, thank you so much for alerting me to MuniTime! Amazing!)

seasurfer
Jan 20, 2008, 08:06 PM
My webclips:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9519/iphoneec6.png

How did you get those webclip icons? Mind to share with us?

SFStateStudent
Jan 22, 2008, 06:56 PM
is in Hawaii...:cool:

5wallace
Jan 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
a fox news webclip. how embarrassing.

RRutter
Jan 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
How did you get those webclip icons? Mind to share with us?

Check out clipalizer.com

:apple:

a1016neo
Jan 22, 2008, 11:16 PM
Haaa HAAA.... Food Network :)

SFStateStudent
Jan 23, 2008, 07:08 AM
Haaa HAAA.... Food Network :)

just provided some excellent Turkey Chili and a Turkeyburger Recipes to die for! If you do most of the cooking, as I do, you need to devise a plan of attack when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cutting down on red meat, proper exercise with a personal trainer, and cutting out fast food altogether has changed my diet plan and helped me to shed 20 pounds over the past year! So, THANKS to the Food Network, my transition to three healthy meals v. McDonald's and Jack-In-The Box, has been smooth and enjoyable! :cool:

Lord Sam
Jan 23, 2008, 12:14 PM
again, same. But my sms app is now on the doc.
I have changed my ways. They are now in alphabetical order.

dual64bit
Jan 27, 2008, 06:15 PM
Mine is attached, little blurry - sorry the best the iSight could do with my steady hands...

Remster
Jan 28, 2008, 01:40 AM
Because we haven't got the iPhone (legally) in Australia yet, I'll tell you about my iPod touch Home Screen:

Screen 1:

Safari | Calendar | Mail | Contacts

YouTube | Stocks | Maps | Weather

Clock | Calculator | Notes | Settings

Screen 2:

Apple - Start | Google | Wikipedia | Mac Rumors

Sydney Morning Herald | CNET | SiteAdvisor | Yahoo!

In The Dock:

Music | Videos | Photos | iTunes

P.S. Even though it should've been free, the $20 Upgrade is definitely worth it (if any of you touch owners have doubts)

:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 28, 2008, 04:34 AM
http://gallery.mac.com/rwdesignpa/100080/Photo-2019/web.jpg

A bit blurry, but best i could do with my iSight at the moment

MacHappi
Jan 29, 2008, 12:31 PM
but how do you get all of the cool icons for some of the websites. I have gotten some of them just by adding the web widget and the icon appears but things like ebay and google dont work . . . please help!!

TedB
Jan 30, 2008, 12:05 PM
but how do you get all of the cool icons for some of the websites. I have gotten some of them just by adding the web widget and the icon appears but things like ebay and google dont work . . . please help!!

I did not get to see them until after I cleared out my web cache under settings > Safari > Clear Cache, then they began to pop up. Try that, it may work for you too. After you hit add to home screen, give the webclip a few seconds to load the correct image.