Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
I know we haven't got them yet but from what we've seen.....are you happy with the update(s)??? I'm surprised at how focused the whole thing is on rental's etc. They really have that the main focus of the whole UI (for good reason, I guess). I'm very happy even though I live in Australia and it doesn't affect me much (I have got my own methods as to get access to the US store though). The change that I'm most happy with is that when you are viewing a TV show and all it's episodes, they are arranged properly now. They go from top to bottom in order. Are you guys happy, or were you expecting more????

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Yes. Simply put, its a Blu-ray, HDDVD, DVD, and Youtube player, plus pictures and music of course, on your TV.

MattV151

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
I was and still am hoping that someday they will give me a way to import my DVD movies into itunes like I do my CDs.

Im funny but I still want to buy DVDs then put them in the computer. I like having the back up plus I can take a DVD to a friends to watch it.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
I was and still am hoping that someday they will give me a way to import my DVD movies into itunes like I do my CDs.

Im funny but I still want to buy DVDs then put them in the computer. I like having the back up plus I can take a DVD to a friends to watch it.

I guess Apple thinks that's what your iPod is for.

ansalmo

macrumors regular
May 23, 2005

So what's stopping you? Sure, the importing functionality isn't built into iTunes, but it's a pretty simple 2-step process with Handbrake. I'm really happy with the quality of their AppleTV preset.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
So what's stopping you? Sure, the importing functionality isn't built into iTunes, but it's a pretty simple 2-step process with Handbrake. I'm really happy with the quality of their AppleTV preset.

And some DVDs will of course come with digital copies so you can do this legally in a one step process.

mhall

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2008
Do we know yet if the new software has the ability to search through your own music (& not just the Itunes store stuff), or do we still have to sit there and scroll through a list of thousands of songs to get to the one we want? And can we now create on the go playlists?
If they haven't changed this then no, I am not happy!! Seems such an obvious thing to do to me...

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
Well it has all the major studios, thats at least something neither blueray or hddvd have managed yet. just need these studios to see the benefit of selling as well as renting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.