Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
I am planning on getting a MBA w/ 1.8ghz processor and the 80gb HDD. I have a bunch of DVDs ripped onto my computer that I like to watch while traveling. Do you guys think that with all wireless off and screen half to full brightness, I will be able to watch 2 full DVDs [4.5 hours of DVD watching....let's call it 5 hours of total usage]. I am asking because I know Apple, and almost all computer manufacturers, tend to overrate useful battery life. Nonetheless, the 5 hour claim seems to be 5 hours while surfing the net. Hmmmm. Any thoughts?

RR08EvoX

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
i doubt that would be a problem if you turn wifi off, might be harder manage if its a year old but by then you could get the battery replaced for $129 by apple

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Hmmm I wonder if we will see any testing on that before they are available at the Apple Store.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I wonder if the 5 hour battery quote is with the 80GB hard drive or the solid state drive? Or the faster CPU on the model with the SSD would cancel out any gains made by not having a moving drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.