Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godisjustpreten

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Is there any app - free or not - that I can use to sync my calendar on my Touch with my google calendar? I'm a Windows user, and I do not want to use Outlook. I use google calendar all the time, and would love to be able to have my calendar with me when I'm not on wifi. I'd also like to be able to add an appointment, and have it sync up to google calendar once I'm back on Wifi or sync up again.

I'm out of luck, right?

dmb8021

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
Is there any app - free or not - that I can use to sync my calendar on my Touch with my google calendar? I'm a Windows user, and I do not want to use Outlook. I use google calendar all the time, and would love to be able to have my calendar with me when I'm not on wifi. I'd also like to be able to add an appointment, and have it sync up to google calendar once I'm back on Wifi or sync up again.

I'm out of luck, right?

I am curious about this too. Would be a nice feature if it's available.

dmb8021

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
I don't think it does by default, but there are ways to do it, or at least that's what the link says. Good luck :)

of course they are doing maintenance on the remote calendar download page, so we shall wait to find out if this works

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I don't know about Outlook, but you can't modify Google calendars you subscribe to in iCal, as far as I've been able to tell. That means any events you create on your iPod won't be added to Google, but instead will be added to a new, "Home" calendar. Maybe I'm wrong...

s6xshotta

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
google calendar sync with Touch calendar?

a service like plaxo might come in handy here. It allows you to sync your contacts and calender info between multiple apps and sites. I use it myself and love it :)

http://www.plaxo.com

Can you please provide some info on how this works?
I've opened the Free Plaxo account. How would a sync work? Presumably, unless you have wi-fi accessed on the iTouch, it would not sync right?

Thanks
s6x

shaany155

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2009
Two ways

Can you please provide some info on how this works?
I've opened the Free Plaxo account. How would a sync work? Presumably, unless you have wi-fi accessed on the iTouch, it would not sync right?

Thanks
s6x

I had actually went through this experience myself. There are two ways that I know of to sync your Google Calendar with your iPod Touch. One way is by syncing your Google Calendar with Outlook. Then, connect your iPod Touch to Outlook via iTunes. I believe that you can look under Info for this, but I'm not really sure. The second way is by visiting http://www.nuevasync.com and signing up. It is in beta, but they still plan to keep it free when it actually releases. Once you sign up, set up your account by following the instructions they provide. I currently use this, and I am extremely satisfied with my experience. :)

Regards,
Neel

thornev

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2008
Upstate New York

I'm out of luck, right?

SaiSuke provides sync with Google. thorne

claylj

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
If you are willing to jailbreak your Touch, nuevasync has a neat app you can install through Cydia that will sync your google calendar directly with the Touch's calendar. Very handy, I love it.

I use nuevasync with the built in Calendar app to sync to Google Calendar. No additional app is required, jail broke or not. This works reliably and I have had zero issues. I would recommend nuevasync without reservation. My only issue is that their web site is a little difficult to use. Also initial setup can be a challenge but it is well worth the effort.

Zapbranagan

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2009
Calgary Alberta Canada
Have you not tried google sync? That's what I just did after reading this post. Just open your calender in gmail and around the top right hand corner you'll see the sync link. I just followed the instructions and it seems to be working great for me. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Have you not tried google sync? That's what I just did after reading this post. Just open your calender in gmail and around the top right hand corner you'll see the sync link. I just followed the instructions and it seems to be working great for me. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

Google sync syncs with Outlook, Blackberries or iCal. OP wanted to sync directly with the Touch's built-in calendar. The only way to do that at the moment is to use neuvasync, either through their website (which I've never personally used, so I don't know how that works, but other people posting in this thread say it does work), or by jailbreaking and downloading the neuvasync app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.