Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
don't know if this is a new feature, but you can view photos using quicktime too now?

pitt1717

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
well still no go on ac3 i guess. i rip my movies to stream to my xbox360. basically strip the vob container off leaving just the mpeg2 file and 1 audio which being ac3 5.1....plays fine in vlc but still no go in quicktime. i would use front row if it wasn't for this limitation...oh well

philoye

macrumors newbie
well still no go on ac3 i guess. i rip my movies to stream to my xbox360. basically strip the vob container off leaving just the mpeg2 file and 1 audio which being ac3 5.1....plays fine in vlc but still no go in quicktime. i would use front row if it wasn't for this limitation...oh well

Actually, I just found this link for enabled AC3 passthrough in QuickTime.

I haven't tested Front Row yet, but I followed the instructions and opened a file that has AC3 in QT and I can confirm that my receiver was received Dolby Digital, not pro-logic.

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
The ******* export option for QtPro is still broken ....... what the hell? I'ts been broken since the release of Leopard.

3monkies

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
mp4 playback

Anybody else having problems with mp4 playback? I got audio, no video…

mfurd

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
Same problem hear with mp4. The ones I download and coverted with tubesock on youtube clips. I only get audio now no picture. But just for the stuff I converted from youtube not other mp4.

Perdix

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2004
Scotland
Same problem hear with mp4. The ones I download and coverted with tubesock on youtube clips. I only get audio now no picture. But just for the stuff I converted from youtube not other mp4.

Same problem, and the problem is widespread. The videos play OK in iTunes though. But if you export them again, no video. There's a lot of discussion about this on the Apple Support/Discussion boards.

General advice seems to be: downgrade (yuk), or flood Apple/feedback with complaints and wait for the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.