View Full Version : my site
Oct 13, 2003, 04:26 PM
I was wondering if ya all could check out
and tell me what ya think of the design. Constructive criticism appreciated!
Oct 13, 2003, 04:45 PM
I like 'simple' websites. Yours is very functional, works great for me. The title page (http://boycottbuymusic.com/photo/index2.html) needs a bit more structure IMHO, maybe by using a slightly different font (condensed, italic...maybe just a bit smaller) for the "welcome to..." part. Right now the text is a bit too similar all over the page, it is hard to differentiate the elements (title, navigation, text).
Also, there is huge gaps on the subpages under IE (sorry, I am on a PC at work). The first time I opened them I thought the pages were empty.
You have got some nice pictures
Oct 13, 2003, 06:42 PM
Here's a few pointers on improving it...
1) Make the pages valid HTML (http://validator.w3.org/). This will ensure that everyone will see your site as close as possible to the way you intended.
2) Replace all the images on the splash page and navigation page with the actual text they are supposed to represent. You'll save bandwidth on your end and on the users.
3) Consolidate your navigation page into a smaller bar that is available on every page (except the ones made with iView).
3) Don't link to new pages when you're staying within your own site. Remove all the 'target="_blanK"' or 'target="_new"' attributes from your links.
4) Your pages have a ton of whitespace because you've got multiple tables with 100% height, each taking up one full screen. Consolidate them into a single table, and remove the 'height="100%"' attribute.
Oct 13, 2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys! I will try and work on the code this coming weekend...