Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SE10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Yes... another thread about connecting my ipod touch to my internet connection via wifi (none of the others seemed to help me)...

I am currently using a 128-bit WEP encryption on my network. When attempting to connect to it I have tried everything: I have typed in the hex password multiple times: I have typed it in normally, with a dollar sign in front (it was suggested somewhere) and with all the letters in capitals (it MIGHT have worked). I always get the error of "Unable to join the network..."

When I type in my password (the ACII code part) I seem to get slightly further as I am able to get outside of the network screen. However, when I open up Safari (or any other internet application) I get the same error.

I have tried resetting the network settings (was suggested somewhere else on this site) but that did not work either. I am, however, able to connect when I disable all encryption on my router, however I do not want to have an unsecured connection.

I HAVE to use WEP encryption due to the other things on my network...

Thanks in advance...

SE10

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.