PDA

View Full Version : Stop Complaining!

Mykbibby
Jan 16, 2008, 06:22 PM
This is driving me crazy. I am sick of people who keep checking negative on the home screen for everything at Macworld! Stop whining! In ONE DAY, Apple announces an entirely new laptop line with an amazing industrial design, they are going to DOMINATE the living room with the redesigned Apple TV (admit it... it's amazing), they announced nice software updates to the iPhone and iPod Touch (okay, you can complain about the cheap 20 buck price requirement for the touch), and the Leopard Home Server everyone wanted. And yet, everyone thinks, for some odd reason, this is BAD news?!? I don't get it.

And don't act like there was no one more thing... Randy Newman sung! (jk, that sucked)

phungy
Jan 16, 2008, 06:23 PM
Amen ;)

flopticalcube
Jan 16, 2008, 06:27 PM
Heaven forbid that people should disagree with you....

emaja
Jan 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
It's just how things work around here. Just because Apple announces new products that do not interest them, some people complain about it - and some loudly.

theLimit
Jan 16, 2008, 06:32 PM
I can admit that Apple introduced some major things. They were all very nice additions/improvements. But not one single thing that I'm in the market for. Still, I voted everything positive because it is a Good Thing™ that Apple keeps pushing technology forward (MacBook Air) and making their existing products more useful (everything else).

Eidorian
Jan 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'll show Apple how I feel with my wallet.

Mykbibby
Jan 16, 2008, 06:42 PM
I can admit that Apple introduced some major things. They were all very nice additions/improvements. But not one single thing that I'm in the market for. Still, I voted everything positive because it is a Good Thing™ that Apple keeps pushing technology forward (MacBook Air) and making their existing products more useful (everything else).

My point... I would never get a Macbook Air in a million years. However, I think it's a great product and it's not "negative" that Apple announced it. I wanted it to be a MBP, but it's still not "negative". You get what I mean...

David G.
Jan 16, 2008, 06:45 PM
My point... I would never get a Macbook Air in a million years. However, I think it's a great product and it's not "negative" that Apple announced it. I wanted it to be a MBP, but it's still not "negative". You get what I mean...

You hit the nail on the head there.

MacPanda
Jan 16, 2008, 06:59 PM

Me too. No speed updates to the macbooks. No speed updates to the Mac Mini. Therefore not a penny.

Oh this really supadupa amazing Macbook AIR, uses an: Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor. Still they could have stooped lower and used a 950.

dlastmango
Jan 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
This is driving me crazy. I am sick of people who keep checking negative on the home screen for everything at Macworld! Stop whining! In ONE DAY, Apple announces an entirely new laptop line with an amazing industrial design, they are going to DOMINATE the living room with the redesigned Apple TV (admit it... it's amazing), they announced nice software updates to the iPhone and iPod Touch (okay, you can complain about the cheap 20 buck price requirement for the touch), and the Leopard Home Server everyone wanted. And yet, everyone thinks, for some odd reason, this is BAD news?!? I don't get it.

And don't act like there was no one more thing... Randy Newman sung! (jk, that sucked)

Well there are a few thing to complain about.

- $20 upgrade for iPod touch apps (thanks for permission to complain)
- Time Capsule, A feature that the original base station was supposed to have BUILT IN. I bought an Base station and a hard drive from a mac store for this purpose.
- No increase in size or technology of the iphone. Back to my old carrier for another 2 years. Even an announcement, that begins shipping in April would have been ok. (if apple wants to play in the cell phone game, a product cant sit still.)
- Macbook Air isnt amazing industrial design. if it included a DVD and a removable battery, ... it would be close to amazing. (these are things I NEED for my overseas business travel)
- Apple TV - over pirced way to rent movies? cool for pics and youtube viewing but I have my Macbook.
- Movie rentals for only 24 hrs?? Ok for some but anyone with young kids knows that sometimes you need more than 1 night to watch a movie. 48 would have been fine. I would like a netflix type approach. "return it when I begin downloading my next movie.
- NO Apple display update - It's been forever since an update or price drop. I love the current design but I think the option of adding a iSight is overdue. Especially since they stopped making the add on iSight.

So in my eyes and an investor in Apple Inc. I see this as a bad MacWorld. Look at the stock prices since. down almost $20 bucks!

Try again Apple!

Chris

iRabbit
Jan 16, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm surprised more people weren't happy about "Time Capsule". N speed and a terabyte worth of server-grade hard drive space. I know it's going to make my life a LOT more steamlined... then again, I have multiple wireless macs.

I also think the AppleTV could really change the movie-rental industry. I'm surprised more people don't agree. I'm also surprised more people aren't happy to buy an affordable solution that makes their iTunes library of music and video watchable/listenable in their living-room, easily.

The Air is very cool. Not something I'm in the market for, but I can see how great a device it is for the traveler.

Then again, this is a forum full of tech-geeks... of which a LOT of us have already found solutions for this stuff, or it's not in our list of "wants". While most of my non-geek friends wouldn't know the first thing about getting their iTunes music to their stereo or TV, and while most of them can't figure out how to backup their computers regularly (and easily), I have solutions for both. Apple is introducing these products TO THEM. To the people who need simple solutions, to the people who like neat-looking, easy-to-operate computer equipment. To the business guy who travels all the time, or the college student who can't live without their laptop at their side.

Around here, those people may seem to be a niche crowd, but honestly, WE are the niche crowd.

Digital Skunk
Jan 16, 2008, 07:18 PM

I don't want to make a new thread about this question I am going to ask you Eidorian so I will ask it here then reply to the thread. How is that MacBook of yours? I am thinking of getting a Mac Pro soon, and I promised my good friend that I would sell him my MBP once I got a new MBP. That doesn't seem to be happening as of the 15th :rolleyes: so I am going to spring for the Mac Pro and get a MacBook to be my portable for a few months until the NEW 17" redesigned MacBook Pro comes out. Then the girlfriend can get the MacBook.

As for the complaining... i think it's well justified. Not that people were expecting miracles, but many of us were expecting update pro gear. Time Capsule is nice but could be better... I am getting the TB model myself. The Air Book has a few issues with it that true lovers of ultra portable machines may not be able to give up... it reminds me of the iPhone. Jobs wasted time on iPhone and iPod Touch updates because he knew the iPhone junkies would eat it up.

Apple TV update was VERY nice... and a price drop.... MAN that is what MacWorlds are for. Now... the issues i have are... the lack of Cinema display updates... or price drops, very bad move. I can't go for Dells but they are looking mighty nice. No update and redesign of the MacBook Pro... not even a mention or it. Not even an update to Penryn.

I am okay with the keynote, but it wasn't anything to be wowed by, or to get upset over if people don't like what they see.

Eidorian
Jan 16, 2008, 07:44 PM
I don't want to make a new thread about this question I am going to ask you Eidorian so I will ask it here then reply to the thread. How is that MacBook of yours? I am thinking of getting a Mac Pro soon, and I promised my good friend that I would sell him my MBP once I got a new MBP. That doesn't seem to be happening as of the 15th :rolleyes: so I am going to spring for the Mac Pro and get a MacBook to be my portable for a few months until the NEW 17" redesigned MacBook Pro comes out. Then the girlfriend can get the MacBook.Dear Digital Skunk,

My MacBook is quite fine thank you. I just purchased 4 GB of RAM for my Macbook for Christmas. I can tell you that I haven't had a page out for ages. The GMA X3100 has performed to my expectations and above some. I manage to play Battlefield 1942, and Desert Combat at high resolutions just fine via Rosetta. Sims 2 runs admirably but I need an newer expansion to take advantage of multi-threaded OpenGL. On the Windows side Age of Empires II and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade are playable as well. I've noticed a big boost in encoding performance moving from a Core Duo 2.0 GHz for those few times where I do so.

I bought this laptop as the midrange stock model and I believe it is the best Mac I've had to date in terms of performance, portability and upgradeability. I plan on getting a larger hard drive down the road. The MacBook Pro as you know is still out of my price range for a single machine. In the end I decided on the MacBook and a PC gaming minitower that I can keep updated. This cost me around ~$2,000 and each machine does its tasks well.

To me the MacBook Air is just filling in the subnotebook market that some users have been complaining for since the loss of the 12" PowerBook in the model line. Sadly it only brings thinness to the table and not a reduction in screen size. When compared to other notebooks in its class it's a good buy but I don't see the average user or even students rushing out to buy one. It was a sour launch for us veteran users but give the MacBook Air sometime and one day we'll be laughing over what we thought today.

Most new Apple products need time to mature like the Nano has recently and the AppleTV is heading there as well.

I don't think I'll be buying a MacBook Air any time soon or in the future. It only brings looks to the table for me and it's not an all around good purchase like my MacBook. I do feel quite smug now that I didn't wait for MWSF and got to enjoy my new computers back in November.

minik
Jan 16, 2008, 07:46 PM
This Macworld Keynote is all about wireless.

Sure, you won't see update on the display line.

No 16GB iPhone is a shocker. However, I'm happy with all four items on Steve's Keynote. $20 software upgrade for my weeks old iPod touch, I can live with it.

hinchesk
Jan 16, 2008, 08:47 PM

This reminds me of "that guy" who replies to all telling everyone on the receiver list not to "reply all". Guess we'll need a new thread to complain about the people who complain about complainers. For the record, this is just an observation... not a complaint :rolleyes:

paul17win
Jan 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ya sure whatever, but complaining is just so much more fun

Digital Skunk
Jan 16, 2008, 09:19 PM
Dear Digital Skunk,

My MacBook is quite fine thank you. I just purchased 4 GB of RAM for my Macbook for Christmas. I can tell you that I haven't had a page out for ages. The GMA X3100 has performed to my expectations and above some. I manage to play Battlefield 1942, and Desert Combat at high resolutions just fine via Rosetta. Sims 2 runs admirably but I need an newer expansion to take advantage of multi-threaded OpenGL. On the Windows side Age of Empires II and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade are playable as well. I've noticed a big boost in encoding performance moving from a Core Duo 2.0 GHz for those few times where I do so.

I bought this laptop as the midrange stock model and I believe it is the best Mac I've had to date in terms of performance, portability and upgradeability. I plan on getting a larger hard drive down the road. The MacBook Pro as you know is still out of my price range for a single machine. In the end I decided on the MacBook and a PC gaming minitower that I can keep updated. This cost me around ~$2,000 and each machine does its tasks well.

To me the MacBook Air is just filling in the subnotebook market that some users have been complaining for since the loss of the 12" PowerBook in the model line. Sadly it only brings thinness to the table and not a reduction in screen size. When compared to other notebooks in its class it's a good buy but I don't see the average user or even students rushing out to buy one. It was a sour launch for us veteran users but give the MacBook Air sometime and one day we'll be laughing over what we thought today.

Most new Apple products need time to mature like the Nano has recently and the AppleTV is heading there as well.

I don't think I'll be buying a MacBook Air any time soon or in the future. It only brings looks to the table for me and it's not an all around good purchase like my MacBook. I do feel quite smug now that I didn't wait for MWSF and got to enjoy my new computers back in November.

Thanks bud... was curious about the GFX card in the Book and you gave me a good understanding of how good it will perform. I agree that Mac users looking for a lightweight 12" PB replacement may either be happy or upset about the MBA. Personally, since the screen size is still 13.3" and the it weighs 3 lbs. I'd go for the far more economical MacBook. Besides... I get a faster, larger HDD in a machine that costs a little less for the loss of a MT trackpad and a backlit keyboard.... I can live with that.

Yes, the MBA will grow on us and the market it's built for as did the many other Apple products released in 07' it may even come down in price :rolleyes: to at least the $1500 price tag of the 12" PB. I still think Apple should have gone with a smaller screen size and a thicker case, which is what I want them to do with the 17" MBP.... make the case just a little bigger and squeeze more hardware inside. No one really expects 17" books to be super light weight. Time will tell if the MBP comes in as a true performer that could be stacked up against the PC comp and if the MBA becomes a hit in the business world with the new Office 08.

So starts another year. How long until WWDC? :D

sam10685
Jan 18, 2008, 01:59 AM
Most (not all) Mac users are way too picky. I think this Macworld was amazing!

MacPhilosopher
Jan 18, 2008, 02:28 AM
- No increase in size or technology of the iphone. Back to my old carrier for another 2 years. Even an announcement, that begins shipping in April would have been ok. (if apple wants to play in the cell phone game, a product cant sit still.)

I agree that a product can't sit still, but to announce an upcoming upgrade would simply be foolish. The current sales wold drop like a rock. Update in April (or February/March), then announce the day you are ready to ship.

a1016neo
Jan 22, 2008, 11:19 PM
People love to complain!!

Crawn2003
Jan 22, 2008, 11:39 PM
Good luck...

I mentioned something like this over in the Mac Pro forum, asking for more order and less bickering/double threads on same issues/overall complaining and I was told by more than a few to sit down and shut up.

I was not mean about it, I wasn't putting anyone down, I wasn't doing anything hurtful to this forum, or making personal attacks. On the flip side, everyone was telling me off, saying to shut up, etc. etc. etc. I even had personal attacks on me as a member of this forum by certain users. I had it dealt with by moderators but it shouldn't have to be taken that far.

I agree with you about complaining about MacWorld. If you don't like it, find a particular forum thread and deal with it there. Don't start new threads just because you feel the need for everyone to hear your voice.

But trust me, you'll find that more people on here would rather burn you at the stake then listen to reason and actually do a search or complain in a specific thread.

~Crawn

Lord Sam
Jan 23, 2008, 01:27 AM

Exactly! I loved MWSF, but everyone around me seems to hate it! I guess its just that. If Apple didn't discover aliens and install them into their newest technology, no one will care about their products. We've come to expect so much from them, especially at MW. :apple:

Loalq
Jan 23, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, lets stop complaining and talk about...uhmmm....that, no...uhhmmm...

Ok, back to complaining.

Damn that Airbook.

overcast
Jan 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
So by complaining about complainers, that somehow resolves everything.

slotcarbob
Jan 23, 2008, 02:56 PM
Not only were the product introductions luke warm (and hugely overpriced in the case of the Air), but the whole show was second rate. They even screwed up getting people in the first day. I waited one hour till they just let us all go in. Also, the booths were just jammed in everywhere. Hard to find anything. This was IDG's fault, not Apple's, but it colored the whole day for me.

Nope, Apple missed the boat on this one. iTunes movies was the only big deal to me. One other thing about the Air that no one seems to be mentioning. It comes with an iPod drive, folks. Ever seen how hot they get after one copies 30 MB of data to it. Don't try any heavy crunching for extended periods with that thing. It will start a campfire. Should have used only SSD's, and it should then have had a MacBook Pro price. Just a loser.

And, BTW, Lord Sam, APPLE gives us the impression that MW is a big deal. They laid the foundation for our expectations. Check their stock price after the last week or so, since MW.

Note: I am an avid Apple user since 1982.

BanjoBanker
Jan 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks bud... was curious about the GFX card in the Book and you gave me a good understanding of how good it will perform. I agree that Mac users looking for a lightweight 12" PB replacement may either be happy or upset about the MBA. Personally, since the screen size is still 13.3" and the it weighs 3 lbs. I'd go for the far more economical MacBook. Besides... I get a faster, larger HDD in a machine that costs a little less for the loss of a MT trackpad and a backlit keyboard.... I can live with that.

Yes, the MBA will grow on us and the market it's built for as did the many other Apple products released in 07' it may even come down in price :rolleyes: to at least the $1500 price tag of the 12" PB. I still think Apple should have gone with a smaller screen size and a thicker case, which is what I want them to do with the 17" MBP.... make the case just a little bigger and squeeze more hardware inside. No one really expects 17" books to be super light weight. Time will tell if the MBP comes in as a true performer that could be stacked up against the PC comp and if the MBA becomes a hit in the business world with the new Office 08.

So starts another year. How long until WWDC? :D

How short memory is. When the 12" PB was introduced it was $1,999 without an AirPort card. With the addition of the AirPort card and Apple Care, mine rev 1 12" PB came to $2,465 with tax. The $1,500 12" PB was the end of life 12" PB.:cool:

txhil
Jan 23, 2008, 04:43 PM
Aren't the forums designed for whiners? ;)

Robbadore64
Jan 23, 2008, 06:03 PM
My only disappointment comes from the lack of updates (or announcement of) to the line of Apple products that brought me into the Apple world, the computer/OS. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for all these new products we've got over the last year or two, iPhone, touch, AppleTV, etc, but take these out of MacWorld and what's left? A new notebook and a utility for backing it up. I just think some of these newer devices should be IN ADDITION TO, and not ALMOST ALL OF what we are seeing in MacWorlds lately. And no, I don't think they need to wow us with updates to every computer line they have every MacWorld, but I'm agreeing with those who want some type of updates, be they blu-ray, processor speed, etc.

TechHistorian
Jan 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
My only disappointment comes from the lack of updates (or announcement of) to the line of Apple products that brought me into the Apple world, the computer/OS. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for all these new products we've got over the last year or two, iPhone, touch, AppleTV, etc, but take these out of MacWorld and what's left? A new notebook and a utility for backing it up. I just think some of these newer devices should be IN ADDITION TO, and not ALMOST ALL OF what we are seeing in MacWorlds lately. And no, I don't think they need to wow us with updates to every computer line they have every MacWorld, but I'm agreeing with those who want some type of updates, be they blu-ray, processor speed, etc.

It's unrealistic to expect Apple to announce blu-ray yet. The format war only started to shift in blu-ray's direction the week before MacWorld. They updated the Mac Pro the week before MacWorld. Would you have been happier if they held off on that one until the expo? And had they merely speedbumped a line or two, there'd have been whining about that as well. Apple isn't one to revamp its line constantly as new tech is available. And I doubt it ever will be such a company -- at least not while Jobs is at the helm.

SkyBell
Jan 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
It seems a lot of people are confused about movie rentals. When you rent a movie you are not limited to only 24 hours to watch it. You have 30 days to watch it. Once you start the movie, you have 24 hours to finish it.

synth3tik
Jan 23, 2008, 07:33 PM
Were is the negative button for this thread?

CP1091
Jan 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
Aren't the forums designed for whiners? ;)

Haha, sure seems like that sometimes, eh?

Digital Skunk
Jan 23, 2008, 09:05 PM
How short memory is. When the 12" PB was introduced it was $1,999 without an AirPort card. With the addition of the AirPort card and Apple Care, mine rev 1 12" PB came to $2,465 with tax. The $1,500 12" PB was the end of life 12" PB.:cool:

I do remember those prices, but those prices were almost 5 years ago. Now that tech has gotten better now than 5 years ago I am sure that Apple can produce a 12" machine with a base price of $1499.99.

txhil
Jan 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Digital Skunk;4774556] I am thinking of getting a Mac Pro soon, and I promised my good friend that I would sell him my MBP once I got a new MBP. That doesn't seem to be happening as of the 15th :rolleyes: so I am going to spring for the Mac Pro and get a MacBook to be my portable for a few months until the NEW 17" redesigned MacBook Pro comes out. Then the girlfriend can get the MacBook.

Digital Skunk,

you seem to be waiting for the same things I am in your soon to be purchased (at least we hope) MBP. I'm not sure if I will spring for the 17" but I'm considering...I too have someone lined up to buy my current powerbook (Ti G4...hand-crank included). Let me know when you make the purchase leap, because I'll be buying it the same day you will. I am watching you...in a good way...not in a scary way....here's to the lets hopereallysoon redesigned with all the things we want in a MBP future.

dsnort
Jan 23, 2008, 10:38 PM

What? No 12" MacBook Pro! No iTablet! No Star Trek style Transporter!!!!! How can you not come to the conclusion that Apple blew it!!!:rolleyes:

txhil
Jan 23, 2008, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=dsnort;4820404]What? No 12" MacBook Pro! No iTablet! No Star Trek style Transporter!!!!! How can you not come to the conclusion that Apple blew it!!!:rolleyes:[/QUOT

Really, why hasn't anyone mentioned the absence of the Star Trek transporter at MacWorld??!!! I was really upset about this....Looks like I'll have to postpone my trip to Ireland! DAMN!

Makindosh
Jan 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
I am here to complain about people who complain about other complainers!:p

Let them complain, it does not bother me. Let them complain 24/7.

As for me, the recent updates and the new airbook was good. But I am not buying it because it is not my style. The MacBook Air seems to me it was built for women. It is good, but not for me. The updates for the iPhone and the :apple:TV was cool.

txhil
Jan 25, 2008, 02:40 AM
I am here to complain about people who complain about other complainers!:p

Let them complain, it does not bother me. Let them complain 24/7.

As for me, the recent updates and the new airbook was good. But I am not buying it because it is not my style. The MacBook Air seems to me it was built for women. It is good, but not for me. The updates for the iPhone and the :apple:TV was cool.

I am a woman, I know The Macbook air is not for me, I know men who do like the MBair! Please let's not stereotype. Can't we all just like our own type of computer without it being a man/woman issue.

raster
Jan 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone who went to Macworld Trade show, really knows how lame it was this year.
1. Over 50% (And probably more like 65%) of the exhibitors were iPod/iPhone
cases or covers, sellers.
2. There was absolutely no Apple Software present at the Apple booth.NONE.
3. NOTHING for the professional user, AT ALL. I know consumer level products are where they are headed, but Apple has always been closely tied to the graphic arts/Photography industry. Macworld should encompass all this Mac.
4. Macbook Air? When I handled it, it only held my interest for about 45 sec.
It was truly a waste of time to go look at 1 ipod case after another.

Maldini
Jan 25, 2008, 12:09 PM
I'm not complaining but aren't you a little disappointed because apple seem to be more interested in making good looking and classy products but not powerful enough for the pro user. I'm afraid they care more for costumers who just use their laptops for regular surfing and some minor work..I mean many of us would buy a newly designed MBP rather than MPA..just my thoughts.

freeny
Jan 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
Perhaps users should be asked to supply a reason as to why or why not they approve of an article or thread?

In a perfect world at least ;)

Brianstorm91
Jan 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
MWSF with no mention of a MBP is a -1 from me, sorry, it just is.

MikeTheC
Jan 26, 2008, 01:13 AM
Sorry, my bad...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2582/macrumorsprefpane01tj3.png

Lord Sam
Jan 26, 2008, 07:08 AM
I still don't get why everyone is so upset over MacWorld. Sure, it's been much better and Apple has set such a high standard over the years that people are disapointed with lame old digital movie rentals, an update to the best MP3 player/phone in the UNIVERSE, and a sleek shiny new laptop which fits inside a manilla envelope. Yeah, that sucks. Where is our mega body suit which teleports us wherever we want to go instead of having to take a plane!?

netdog
Jan 26, 2008, 07:11 AM
I'm really enjoying the PB12" fans who are criticizing the MacBook Air.

For those of you who haven't checked, the MacBook Air will blow the friggin' doors off of a PB12" and leave it burning on the side of the road and it is 1.6 lbs lighter and almost half an inch thinner at the thick end.

CaptBeefheart
Jan 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
I don't understand why so many expected new MBPs at Macworld. Intel only announced the Penryn mobile processors that will surely be used in the next MBPs a week prior at CES. No way apple or any other major computer distributer could get enough stock to start shipping a week later. On top of that, it just doesn't make much business sense to release or pre-announce an updated MBP at the same time as the new MBA. The products would compete against themselves in the early adopter/apple fanatic market segment. The strategy used for this year's Macworld product release was optimal in my opinion. Let the new product have some exclusive features (right angle magsafe connector and multitouch trackpad) to help sales before incorporating these improvements in the rest of the MB line.

Digital Skunk
Jan 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
I can't see a right angle magsafe adaptor as an improvement. The trackpad yes, the magsafe... no.

I am more disappointed with MacWorld because Apple had the opportunity to take over the ultraportable and ultra mobile PC markets with a new product/tablet and dropped the ball in my opinion. The MBA is a nice machine but it's no Sony TZ even if the TZ has a slower processor and the same type of HDD.

Most users were really hoping for an 11.1" widescreen or 12" widescreen tablet, we got a thin 13.3" MacBook instead.

CaptBeefheart
Jan 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
I've had to replace my Macbook power adaptor and know of 3 others with Apple power adaptors that needed replacement all for the same reason. The wire becomes frayed at the point where it meets the magnetic connector. I haven't seen the new connector in person, but from pictures it looks much sturdier. I figure the right angle alignment might reduce the amount of stress on that part as well. I'm hoping they change the adaptor in updated MacBooks for that reason.

Lord Sam
Jan 27, 2008, 02:21 PM
I still think there are two important words here. Stop Complaining!

vohdoun
Jan 27, 2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry, my bad...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2582/macrumorsprefpane01tj3.png

*chuckles*

BioChron
Jan 27, 2008, 10:59 PM
Not every Apple product can be a winner, but it does get annoying when all you hear from people is complaining about something Apple did or didn't do to a product. If you don't like it, buy something else.

Norco
Jan 27, 2008, 11:53 PM
People disagreeing about what Apple should have released or introduced is not going to take any skin off your back. You starting a thread complaining about the people who complain about MacWorld is no better than the people you are criticizing.

Lord Sam
Jan 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
Not every Apple product can be a winner, but it does get annoying when all you hear from people is complaining about something Apple did or didn't do to a product. If you don't like it, buy something else. I totally agree, apart from the bit about purchasing from an alternative retailer. That's not true. Apple all the way, even if they don't get everything 100% right all the time!

RRutter
Jan 29, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for letting people know :)

:apple: