PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post Review of New PowerBook

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 13, 2003, 07:12 PM
Read the Review (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/washpost/20031013/tc_washpost/a11459_2003oct11&cid=1804&ncid=1730)

An overall great review - the guy gushes about the design. He has three complaints, though:

1) Underside gets extremely hot after watching (Does it? I'd heard otherwise)
2) Bundled software is weak compared to other computers, even iBook (True for some, not for all)
3) Took too long to update (Thanks for pointing that one out, Captain Obvious)

baby duck monge
Oct 13, 2003, 07:40 PM
actually a pretty good review, but i have a problem with him talking about how long it took to come out. unless he wants to claim that the specs of this machine are not suitable anymore, and would have been a while ago, there is no reason to bring this up. you are not reviewing the tibook, and not even making many comparisons between the two, so there is no reason to mention it.

not a huge thing, but it kinda bothers me. it seems like padding since there is no real reason to put it in. oh well. still a good review.

lewdvig
Oct 13, 2003, 08:29 PM
the complaint about product updates is one that was posted here ad nauseum a few weeks ago... this just proves that he is one of us.

riwanami
Oct 14, 2003, 05:45 AM
I hope Rob Pegoraro's loaner PowerBook greased in butter doesn't end up in Apple Support's replacement unit inventory...