PDA

View Full Version : Flickr on Apple TV

ipedro
Jan 16, 2008, 08:09 PM
I love how Flickr joins YouTUBE as an :apple:TV feature. It can't be far behind on the iPhone and iPod Touch!

I see how it allows you to browse your friend's photos but I'm afraid it might be missing the best feature of Flickr: Interestingness

Browsing Flickr's Interestingness photos is an activity that can keep a photo lover entertained for hours!

Flickr's :apple:TV's implementation looks underpowered compared to YouTUBE which allows you to add favorites, browse the best videos, etc.

imlucid
Jan 16, 2008, 08:55 PM
Right, there is no interestingness feed on the ATV at this point.

However, browsing a user's contacts and those contacts contacts can present one with a fair amount of time wasting potential

:D

Kevin

dwbnyc
Sep 25, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hi, I came across this thread while trying to find a way to use Flickr interestingness as my AppleTV screen saver. As imlucid said, it's not possible, but I came up with a workaround using the Flickr API and favorites. I've detailed it in a blog post here (http://www.expendablewords.com/2008/09/21/appletv-flickr-interestingness/).

-doug

ipedro
Sep 25, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you very much for that :D

It works out quite well. If I want to just browse Interestingness, I can just go to that album on my :apple:tv's Flickr menu.

Another great way to keep entertained with :apple:tv