PDA

View Full Version : Here's a crazy thought for "something super secret"

AirmanPika
Jan 16, 2008, 09:00 PM
OK we know apple supposedly has some kind of super secret planned for the Final Cut meet thats supposed to begin in a few minutes...

Now, I'm going to make my own personal leap of logic here based on rumblings over the last few weeks.

Touch screen tablet, newton 2, multitouch tablet.

Now here we have final cut.

Even though the product isn't exactly geared towards just that I can almost see some kind of Wacom Cintiq apple device. Multitouch gestures, pen input for graphics editing, tablet format. Basicly a handheld multimedia editing platform for pros. Maybe would need to link to a Mac Pro as it won't itself be able to process the graphics of an HD Video or something similarly intensive.

Yea I know my head is in the clouds but it would be a fun toy.

ClassicMac247
Jan 16, 2008, 09:04 PM
It would be a very fun toy indeed.

zedsdead
Jan 16, 2008, 09:10 PM
The only logical thing, should anything get released, would be Final Cut Server.

Other related products are DVD Studio Pro 5, Blu-Ray Drives, Phenomenon (Shake Successor) and Cinema Displays. I do not expect the first three until NAB at the earliest. The Displays maybe at the developers conference.

Apple would not announce Newton 2 at a Final Cut User Event.

AirmanPika
Jan 16, 2008, 09:23 PM
The only logical thing, should anything get released, would be Final Cut Server.

Other related products are DVD Studio Pro 5, Blu-Ray Drives, Phenomenon (Shake Successor) and Cinema Displays. I do not expect the first three until NAB at the earliest. The Displays maybe at the developers conference.

Yea thats the most logical thing. But I wasn't saying it would be the Newton 2. I was saying it would be some kind of multimedia editing tablet. The newton 2 just being a rumor based off some random person who didn't have the full story. Ah well, I'm just floating around in dreamland so don't mind me ;)

aschuett
Jan 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
I have been waiting to hear the results from the Final Cut meeting last night. I haven't heard anyone celebrating the release of FC Server, or any other cool FC-related anything.

Does anyone know what ever came of this "secret announcement?"

AirmanPika
Jan 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
I have been waiting to hear the results from the Final Cut meeting last night. I haven't heard anyone celebrating the release of FC Server, or any other cool FC-related anything.

Does anyone know what ever came of this "secret announcement?"

Nope, but must not have been anything important or else we'd have heard about it or seen an update of some sort on the apple site.

aschuett
Jan 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
Nope, but must not have been anything important or else we'd have heard about it or seen an update of some sort on the apple site.

Well, time to buy then. I really hoped they would bring out ACDs there, but I guess I'll have to deal with the "old" technology.

nickane
Jan 18, 2008, 05:24 AM

Altogether accurate except for the fact that FCS wouldn't qualify as much of a secret. If you read the thread on the original appleinsider article, you'd get a hint as to why Jobsy didn't show:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82733

The organizer of the LAFCPUG Supermeet in question claimed he started this rumor. I'm not sure if he was joking or not.

Fairly annoying really. In all my years visiting rumour sites, I've never got my hopes up about something only to learn that it was a fabrication by a singular person in the industry I work with some kind of agenda (presumably to increase turnout at his FC Meet). But then, that's the nature of the rumour beast, I guess. Phenomenon, Bluray, DVDSP5 and the ACDs will just all have to wait.

John Purple
Jan 18, 2008, 06:49 AM
Fairly annoying really. In all my years visiting rumour sites, I've never got my hopes up about something only to learn that it was a fabrication by a singular person in the industry

I guess it should be called Machumors then :cool: