PDA

View Full Version : Those That Think The MBA Is A Ripp Off

Prometheus101
Jan 17, 2008, 06:34 AM
I think those that believe the MBA is a ripp off need to check their vision and facts.

Please check this link the the Sony ultra-portable.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665293952

NickFalk
Jan 17, 2008, 06:53 AM
I think you're missing the point. Macbook Air is simply too big. It doesn't help that it's thin and sexy as hell. The whole point with the ultra-portable-market is to make the machines small but the Air has the exact same footprint as the regular Macbook. Compared to that Sony-machine it actually have a 35% larger footprint(!) It's not about keyboard-size, screen-size or technology - heck I though Apple new!

I sincerely fear that Apple may have created their second Cube…

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 07:20 AM
For me the tiny ultra-portables are a bit of an oddity. My Blackberry/iPhone does allot of things that makes them much more portable than a 10" screen computer. I can even open Excel files on them.

Productivity would go down extremely fast for me on anything under 12". Are the ultra-portables that people speak of useful for anything but Word? Just curious as I personally think that Apple has managed a perfect balance between portability (the MBA is the size of an A4 and as thick as the average magazine), and productivity. It will slip perfectly into a document case with some contracts and still be under 2kg. Now thats amazing!

Regards,

C

Blue Velvet
Jan 17, 2008, 07:28 AM
Let's just wait and see how the early adopters with their genuinely Revision A machines get on with their itty-bitty 4200rpm drives... because if these machines are disappointing, we'll hear about it here, as sure as eggs is eggs. Let's just hope the yolk's not on them. ;)

I thought it was interesting to hear in the keynote what they thought were engineering/design compromises they wouldn't countenance, choosing others instead. And I really think their environmental message is way overstated; this is a machine that is restricted in so many ways, that upgrading it appears nigh impossible for a home user.

Cybergypsy
Jan 17, 2008, 07:37 AM
I think those that believe the MBA is a ripp off need to check their vision and facts.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665293952

I can live with a PADA 4200 that not a issues, this is a piece of art along with the imac G4 and cube, I have already ordered 2 one for me and a friend, I love the look and use it just for email and what not, if the new MBP comes out and knocks my socks of I then will have two, however sold my last MBP due to the Llatch, keyboard and screen, and went back to the macbook....

diabolic
Jan 17, 2008, 07:40 AM
But for someone like me, making the footprint smaller by shrinking the screen and keyboard would be a dealbreaker. The full keyboard is one of the top features on my list, having a tiny footprint isn't.

This is really going to be a third computer for me. I already have a powerful desktop and a powerful laptop that isn't light or thin.

As for upgrading it, when that time comes I'll buy a newer one. I did go with the SSD since I was concerned a little about the drive speed on the 4200RPM HD.

If it sucks, I'll be one of the first to let everyone know.

netdog
Jan 17, 2008, 07:41 AM
Let's just wait and see how the early adopters with their genuinely Revision A machines get on with their itty-bitty 4200rpm drives... because if these machines are disappointing, we'll hear about it here, as sure as eggs is eggs.

That's where the 14-day return policy comes in. :)

ucfgrad93
Jan 17, 2008, 07:44 AM
I don't think its a rip off (except for the $1000 for the SSD), I think its just a device that is going to appeal to a small segment of the market. I know it doesn't fit my needs.

PDE
Jan 17, 2008, 08:00 AM
I don't really think it's a ripoff either, but I do wish they had put in an ethernet port and removable battery. the more I think about the battery issue, the less it is an issue for most people. As a frequent traveller, I'd prefer to have a very light, but largish/thin computer with good keyboard and large screen, than a tiny one with uncomfortable display and keyboard. It's a tradeoff, but what really counts is not the size (I can easily fit the MBA wherever I can fit papers/documents), but the weight. Everything adds up and it becomes awfully heavy after a while. The size is not really the issue, but the assumption has always been that light weight= small size and compromised ergonomics. That is no longer the case.

tanjacob
Jan 17, 2008, 08:05 AM
I suspect Apple might be trying a creaming sales tactic where they set the price very high initially for large profit margins and once profits fall as the first-takers taper off, they make the prices drop for the average user.

saltyzoo
Jan 17, 2008, 08:08 AM
Let's just wait and see how the early adopters with their genuinely Revision A machines get on with their itty-bitty 4200rpm drives... because if these machines are disappointing, we'll hear about it here, as sure as eggs is eggs. Let's just hope the yolk's not on them. ;)

I thought it was interesting to hear in the keynote what they thought were engineering/design compromises they wouldn't countenance, choosing others instead. And I really think their environmental message is way overstated; this is a machine that is restricted in so many ways, that upgrading it appears nigh impossible for a home user.

I coulda sworn Apple and Jobs never released a product unless it was going to be a huge marketing success. Isn't that why there will "never" be a mini tower? You don't presume to know more than they do about their market than they do, do you?

;)

Sdashiki
Jan 17, 2008, 08:14 AM
I coulda sworn Apple and Jobs never released a product unless it was going to be a huge marketing success. Isn't that why there will "never" be a mini tower? You don't presume to know more than they do about their market than they do, do you?

;)

TAM

FTW!

QCassidy352
Jan 17, 2008, 08:16 AM
I don't think its a rip off (except for the $1000 for the SSD)

nah, they're pricey, but fast! ;)

meagain
Jan 17, 2008, 08:39 AM
I love the MBA..... Gut specs and all. I don't want anything less than a 13" screen. My only issue is the thick bezel and empty space left & right of the keyboard. If the bezel were thin - then we'd have that smaller footprint.

People who've seen this say the display is very nice. I understand it's optical glass like the iPhone? Then perhaps they needed to retain this wide bezel/frame for strength. I assume that's why it's there. Clearly from the pics/videos, the screen section is SUPER thin. When I see it being opened, the base stays firmly on the table without using another hand to hold it down. It also looks like it's not inclined to tip over (like my husbands POS Toshiba R500). So I get the logic of the bezel, but in my perfect world, wish it was smaller which would've shaved .5-1" off the width.

Blue Velvet
Jan 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
I coulda sworn Apple and Jobs never released a product unless it was going to be a huge marketing success.

It already is a marketing success if the reactions of my colleagues are anything to go by, whether it's a computing success amongst those who are paying to be first adopters remains to be seen; something which I'm not prejudging. I'm not a great fan of slow drives... It's not the product I'm looking for, but that doesn't mean I said it was unlikely to happen.

The mini tower is a geeks niche wet dream; this appears to be another kind of wet dream entirely.

ob81
Jan 17, 2008, 09:19 AM

You are lost. That laptop comes with optional sprint service, 4.5-9hr battery, is 2.6lbs, comes with an external dvd burner at no additional cost. is 11" which makes it a lot more portable than the Air, comes with true subnotebook intel processors, a media card slot and an expresscard slot, plus you can throw an extra 250gb 5400 drive in there. The Sony you linked to is a TRUE subnotebook. Apple are trying to make you believe that a 13" with a full keyboard that is thin, but yet maintains the same portability of the macbook, is an ultraportable. Don't get me wrong, the AIr is nice, but the Sony you pointed too is generations ahead of the Air in terms of realistic mobile usage.

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 09:24 AM
I love the MBA..... Gut specs and all. I don't want anything less than a 13" screen. My only issue is the thick bezel and empty space left & right of the keyboard. If the bezel were thin - then we'd have that smaller footprint.

I would agree with this. Might it be that they needed that size for the base to fit things without making it thicker? Thus, they had to add a thicker frame to the screen?

It would have been really nice if the size hugged the actual screen without that frame!

Regards,

C

masse
Jan 17, 2008, 09:29 AM
it's just so stupid.

Save your money, get a macbook.

faster,same footprint, cheaper.

I hope Apple goes bankrupt over this.

okay just kidding.

hippo206
Jan 17, 2008, 10:11 AM
Comparing a 11.1 SSD/250GB to MBA is silly. If/when apple ever comes out with something that small with all the features listed in that laptop, it'll probably be 5k to buy (altho it'll probably look better).

Neutral Gamer
Jan 17, 2008, 11:36 AM
I think you're missing the point. Macbook Air is simply too big. It doesn't help that it's thin and sexy as hell. The whole point with the ultra-portable-market is to make the machines small but the Air has the exact same footprint as the regular Macbook. Compared to that Sony-machine it actually have a 35% larger footprint(!) It's not about keyboard-size, screen-size or technology - heck I though Apple new!

I sincerely fear that Apple may have created their second Cube… (http://www.tbenjaminlarsen.com)

I agree with everything you said about the MBA being too big and what the point of an ultraportable is. However I don't think they've created the second cube because as the Motorola RAZR showed, people like thinness. The RAZR wasn't a very well featured phone but it sure as hell looked cool and sexy just like the MBA and sold extremely well.

For me the tiny ultra-portables are a bit of an oddity. My Blackberry/iPhone does allot of things that makes them much more portable than a 10" screen computer. I can even open Excel files on them.

Productivity would go down extremely fast for me on anything under 12". Are the ultra-portables that people speak of useful for anything but Word? Just curious as I personally think that Apple has managed a perfect balance between portability (the MBA is the size of an A4 and as thick as the average magazine), and productivity. It will slip perfectly into a document case with some contracts and still be under 2kg. Now thats amazing!

Regards,

C

I can't agree with the notion of productivity going down when you go below 12". The Sony Vaio TZ may have an 11" screen but it has a 1366 x 768 resolution - more than the MBA! I've seen the Vaio in person and it's screen looks awesome, so sharp and crisp and with no problems reading text.

Also check out the attached photo below to see just how small an ultraportable should be (compared to a pen):

Winglet
Jan 17, 2008, 12:12 PM
I have to agree with some of the previous posts. Having converted to a MBP from a Sony Vaio 13.3", the features that Sony offers for the price and the size are far superior to the MBA.

If I was going to go "back":eek: to a PC, I would get the Sony in a heartbeat. It is an excellent machine except for the operating system.

I love the MBP and probably will never get another PC. I just hope that Apple uses the MBA as a stepping stone to other innovations for the MBP's of the future!

arnette
Jan 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
The Sony ultraportables are very nice, but the build quality on them is terrible. Feels like flimsy plastic if you've ever used one. That being said, the MacBook Air is no ultraportable. I was really hoping for a 12" PowerBook replacement but all we were introduced to is an underpowered, really thin MacBook with LED screen.

I'm waiting for LED screens on the BlackBook and then I'll replace my 12" PB. Unless Apple wants to update the 12" PB to Dual Core standards, make the latch magnetic, up the battery capacity and replace the screens with LED backlights?? Pretty please??

ntrigue
Jan 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Have you held a MacBook Air? Have you played with it in an Apple Store? NO

How about you ignore the numbers for a moment and give the machine a chance.

Winglet
Jan 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yes, the SONY is made out of plastic, but I never had an issue with the durability. From what I have read, the plastic case of the Macbook is terrible and cheap plastic is an understatement. That is why I have the aluminum MBP. Yes, it's not perfect either, but I haven't heard people complain of it cracking over and over again. I met someone, the other day, who is on his 3rd case for the Macbook (first generation). He is a programmer and from observing him, doesn't appear to be abusing the computer.

zioxide
Jan 17, 2008, 01:25 PM

That's a **** comparison.

The TZ is an ultraportable.. the MB Air is not.

It has an 11'' screen (higher res then the Air), up to 8.5 hours of battery life (and you can get a second battery and swap it out if you want [holy ****, what a concept!]). They also offer a high-capacity battery that goes up to 13 hours.

It also has built-in EV-DO along with 802.11abgn.

It also has gigabit ethernet, dial-up modem 1 FW400, 2 USB 2.0, 1SD slot, 1 memorycard slot, audio in and out, and a port replicator (dock).

All of that and it's only .1 inches thicker than the Air, with a much smaller footprint.

So yeah, it's expensive. But it's an actual full-featured ultraportable.. unlike the half-assed not even an ultraportable Macbook Air.

Oh, and to top it off, you compared the top-of-the-line TZ to the bottom MB Air. The TZ starts at $2099, not much more than the air.

Yes, the SONY is made out of plastic

It's actually carbon fiber.

killmoms
Jan 17, 2008, 01:28 PM
All of that and it's only .1 inches thicker than the Air, with a much smaller footprint.

...No it's not. It's 1.17" thick. The MacBook Air is 0.76". The Sony is 0.4" thicker.

zioxide
Jan 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
...No it's not. It's 1.17" thick. The MacBook Air is 0.76". The Sony is 0.4" thicker.

Either Jobs ****ed up in the keynote or he was talking about the thin part, but I remember him saying something about the TZ being 0.9'' thick. Maybe it's 0.9'' for the thinnest and 1.17' for the thickest.

Either way, besides that, it's an awful comparison.

jsw
Jan 17, 2008, 01:43 PM
If the Sony ran OS X, I'd be all over it - I love the specs.

But, for those grousing about footprint, the Sony takes up about 25% more volume, so it's a fair bit bigger (MBA is, altogether, about 80 cu. inches, and the Sony is almost 100 cu. inches). Getting a volume equal to a quarter the size of the entire MBA lets you add a fair bit of stuff.

Winglet
Jan 17, 2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry, it is carbon fiber. Now that you mention it, I knew that, just a small brain fart I guess! I do agree with all you said about the features of the SONY as compared to the MBA. The Air isn't close, IMHO.:)

killmoms
Jan 17, 2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry, it is carbon fiber. Now that you mention it, I knew that, just a small brain fart I guess! I do agree with all you said about the features of the SONY as compared to the MBA. The Air isn't close, IMHO.:)

Personally, I'd rather have the larger screen, full-sized keyboard, faster processor and thinner frame of the MBA over the Sony. But to each their own—that's why there are different products, to cater to different needs/preferences. :)

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 01:58 PM
Personally, I'd rather have the larger screen, full-sized keyboard, faster processor and thinner frame of the MBA over the Sony. But to each their own—that's why there are different products, to cater to different needs/preferences. :)

Should that not be, "larger screen, full size keyboard, thinner frame AND smaller overall volume" (if the poster above did his math correctly!). :D

C

EDIT: oops... forgot faster processor!

meagain
Jan 17, 2008, 01:58 PM
Why do people complain about things they don't want or care about? Make no sense to me unless they actually want one but can't/won't. Especially those who start whole threads to diss. Hmmmm..... Unless of course one is a stockholder. IDK - I'm a stockholder and very happy cuz I think it'll sell like crazy.

neiltc13
Jan 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
Should that not be, "larger screen, full size keyboard, thinner frame AND smaller overall volume" (if the poster above did his math correctly!). :D

C

Smaller volume won't help you get the machine into a small bag etc. I've ladies taking their Sony from a handbag. With MacBook Air, they'd need a much much bigger bag.

Engage
Jan 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
If the Sony ran OS X, I'd be all over it - I love the specs.

it can.. search for it on google (i think they referred to as hackintoshes, if that makes the search any easier) and you will probably find some guides on how to make it happen. Im considering doing this actually.

HLdan
Jan 17, 2008, 02:02 PM

;)

You're not serious with that statement are you? How does any company know if anything will be a success until it hits the market.
In terms of the mini tower, it's not that it wouldn't work but it would cut into iMac sales and even Mac Pro sales.

HLdan
Jan 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
it can.. search for it on google (i think they referred to as hackintoshes, if that makes the search any easier) and you will probably find some guides on how to make it happen. Im considering doing this actually.

Yeah right :rolleyes: Just another smoke screen. You'd say it was too expensive (which the Sony actually is). It doesn't offer much more than the Air and it's Windows only.

Anthony8720
Jan 17, 2008, 02:28 PM
How about this for facts?

http://gizmodo.com/345574/is-macbook-air-worth-the-money-five-slim-laptops-face-off

The MBA is definitely a rip off. Luckily, apple still has the most advanced os out there.

diabolic
Jan 17, 2008, 02:36 PM

There is nothing wrong with paying a premium for appearance and form-factor. When I looked at that list I was suprised how well the MBA stacked up against the others.

As far as style goes, the others aren't even close. A lot of people will happily pay for that. You can't just lump the specs together without taking the entire package into account. OSX should even factor into the equation.

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 02:49 PM

http://gizmodo.com/345574/is-macbook-air-worth-the-money-five-slim-laptops-face-off

The MBA is definitely a rip off. Luckily, apple still has the most advanced os out there.

Wow... thanks for that link. Now I am really happy that I ordered the MBA. It stacks up really well.

Now if they could just get it delivered before March 11th! Demand?

C

Anthony8720
Jan 17, 2008, 03:20 PM
Wow... thanks for that link. Now I am really happy that I ordered the MBA. It stacks up really well.

Now if they could just get it delivered before March 11th! Demand?

C

So far two people think it stacks up well, yet the only category that it bests all of the competition is thickness. Wow, you all must really want this thing.

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 03:25 PM
So far two people think it stacks up well, yet the only category that it bests all of the competition is thickness. Wow, you all must really want this thing.

Its the smallest laptop Apple makes. I want the best portability with OSX. You bet I really want it. Been waiting for something like this since the day I swapped W2K for OSX! The 12" was ok but the screen quality was awful to my eyes...

The other machines on that review had a mixture of features I do not need :), or were not fully featured laptops...

Regards,

C

diabolic
Jan 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
Wow, you all must really want this thing.

I do. We have a home/office full of computers here. I've already got powerful desktops and a large, powerful laptop that I need to take with me once in a while to work on the road. This will be something I take with me when I don't need the 17" laptop.

I wanted something smaller and lighter, but don't like giving up too much screen size or the full keyboard. I will be able to run OSX and Windows, and I really like the way it looks.

Consultant
Jan 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
For those comparing "features" but not the overall package... OMG, a Ferrari has no automatic transmission? I cannot use a Ferrari to move a couch? I guess YOUR rusting junker pickup truck is better than a Ferrari then...

There is a reason you are talking about the MBA. If you have a billion dollars, would you buy the MBA? Probably.

You want it but cannot afford it. A case of sour grapes...

Most people consider MacBook and MacBook Pros as thin. Now the MacBook Air will really put the idea of a mac portable in their head.

SuperBadMacT
Jan 17, 2008, 04:34 PM
MacBook Air is a cheap gimmic. Wait. Scratch the cheap part. World's thinnest laptop? What qualifies as a laptop computer? A display attached to input devices attached to a battery inside a plastic/alloy case? Apple is really stretching the definition of laptop with the MBA -- not in a good way. A business traveler needs portability AND flexibility. One USB port? Really now. Hmm. This means I can connect to one device (USB only of course) at one time. This makes doing my work easier? I love how Apple stresses again and again the wireless connectivity of the MBA, that having wireless eliminates one's need for any sort of removable media drive. Really. As fast as wireless N is, it can't keep up with FireWire 400, and forget about FireWire 800. Oh yeah, and wireless N is not yet a common place standard, the much slower wireless G is. Hmm. Wait, what happens if the inaccessible wireless card inside the MBA fails? Doesn't this mean I am really f*cked? Nope, I'm wrong. I could buy the $50 USB 56k modem Apple adapter and network this way!! Sweet!! Until my single USB port burns out... Upgradeable RAM and hard drive? Not with the MBA. MBA is the ultimate traveler's companion, right? So I can buy a back-up battery and switch it out on the fly, right? Wrong. Here's to hoping the MBA has a 12-hour battery life. My business travel is a pre-scheduling of unpredictable events, where the unexpected happens and you either deal with it or get a new job. The MBA is a shiny sleek device with a long list of features it does NOT have and things it canNOT do. And it sells for MORE than a MacBook (the bare bones model, mind you). Apple is a marketing genius. It convinces us to accept less and pay more for it. With a smile.

Block
Jan 17, 2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah right :rolleyes: Just another smoke screen. You'd say it was too expensive (which the Sony actually is). It doesn't offer much more than the Air and it's Windows only.

You actually can run OSX on Sony machines (flawlessly on some machines as many parts are identical and so there is no need to write new drivers).

The legality of the process however is another issue...

synth3tik
Jan 17, 2008, 04:38 PM
The MBA is a thin laptop, not an ultra portable.

The benefits of an ultra portable are not there.

robrose20
Jan 17, 2008, 04:45 PM
Why do people complain about things they don't want or care about? Make no sense to me unless they actually want one but can't/won't. Especially those who start whole threads to diss. Hmmmm..... Unless of course one is a stockholder. IDK - I'm a stockholder and very happy cuz I think it'll sell like crazy.

People have the right to express their opinions and view their ideas. In the end its just a computer so who cares. Is it nice, yes, is it sexy, yes, will it sell, nope. It serves no purpose and has no distinct advantage over the much more capable and less expensive macbook.

It is the second coming of the Cube, a nice machine, overpriced, underpowered, pretty to look at, but nobody wants to buy it.

Time will tell, but I would be willing to bet money that this will flop.... mark my words.

Cheers.

Catch
Jan 17, 2008, 05:04 PM
MacBook Air is a cheap gimmic. Wait. Scratch the cheap part. World's thinnest laptop? What qualifies as a laptop computer? A display attached to input devices attached to a battery inside a plastic/alloy case? Apple is really stretching the definition of laptop with the MBA -- not in a good way. A business traveler needs portability AND flexibility. One USB port? Really now. Hmm. This means I can connect to one device (USB only of course) at one time. This makes doing my work easier? I love how Apple stresses again and again the wireless connectivity of the MBA, that having wireless eliminates one's need for any sort of removable media drive. Really. As fast as wireless N is, it can't keep up with FireWire 400, and forget about FireWire 800. Oh yeah, and wireless N is not yet a common place standard, the much slower wireless G is. Hmm. Wait, what happens if the inaccessible wireless card inside the MBA fails? Doesn't this mean I am really f*cked? Nope, I'm wrong. I could buy the $50 USB 56k modem Apple adapter and network this way!! Sweet!! Until my single USB port burns out... Upgradeable RAM and hard drive? Not with the MBA. MBA is the ultimate traveler's companion, right? So I can buy a back-up battery and switch it out on the fly, right? Wrong. Here's to hoping the MBA has a 12-hour battery life. My business travel is a pre-scheduling of unpredictable events, where the unexpected happens and you either deal with it or get a new job. The MBA is a shiny sleek device with a long list of features it does NOT have and things it canNOT do. And it sells for MORE than a MacBook (the bare bones model, mind you). Apple is a marketing genius. It convinces us to accept less and pay more for it. With a smile.

Clearly the MBA is not suited to your needs. Luckily for you they make two other models to choose from :)

C

Tymmz
Jan 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
I wonder how many people will buy the MBA once they held it in their hands. I can imagine it's going to be one of these products people will "fall in love" with and once they have it the MBA finds its use.

Masquerade
Jan 17, 2008, 05:29 PM
sony are old masters on design, when i saw for the first time the power button on the side of the TZ series portables i said: Apple will copy this! and then, the new apple keyboard appears.
also. why sony have a great line of computers and notebooks and apple, a former computer company only have 6 at the best...

Ubuntu
Jan 17, 2008, 05:35 PM

I sincerely fear that Apple may have created their second Cube… (http://www.tbenjaminlarsen.com)

You forgot the mac mini. :D

emotion
Jan 17, 2008, 05:37 PM

People who've seen this say the display is very nice. I understand it's optical glass like the iPhone? Then perhaps they needed to retain this wide bezel/frame for strength. I assume that's why it's there. Clearly from the pics/videos, the screen section is SUPER thin. When I see it being opened, the base stays firmly on the table without using another hand to hold it down. It also looks like it's not inclined to tip over (like my husbands POS Toshiba R500). So I get the logic of the bezel, but in my perfect world, wish it was smaller which would've shaved .5-1" off the width.

I agree. I'd like a more compact (and less hobbled in terms of FW) design.

I'm happy to wait for the new MBPs (in 6 months - Montevina). I think they might sport a similar, but less extreme, design.

emotion
Jan 17, 2008, 05:43 PM
Clearly the MBA is not suited to your needs. Luckily for you they make two other models to choose from :)

In person I think it's probably a lot more impressive. I agree.

The cost is pretty high too (it's a small LV based machine - it was never gonna be EEEPC cheap) but it's the lack of FW (odd strategic choice too, does this reveal something about Apple's FW plans - hope not) that puts me off.

So, now on this forum, we have people moaning about people moaning. Is my post moaning about people moaning who are moaning about the MBA? :D

It's a nice design statement, it won't set the world alight in sales but it's a niche product. Can't we leave it there?