PDA

View Full Version : Is there still going to be stuff going on friday?

Schnebar
Jan 17, 2008, 08:38 AM
My friend is going up to SF this afternoon and then going to Macworld tomorrow. He asked if I want to come and I would love to.

But I remember last year, people talking about how all the stands are closed on friday and there is no point in going.

I do not know what I would actually do there besides look at the macbook air but it would be a fun experience considering that all my finals are over today.

It is just a few hours drive but would it be worth it?

lathrop4
Jan 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm a teacher who has brought his class every year to MacWorld. We always come on Friday. I don't think that any booths close down on Friday until the late afternoon. My kids like the fact that vendors are more willing to give away free stuff on Fridays.

So...I don't think it would be a waste of your time.

Slip
Jan 17, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ahh, free stuff at events, really caps off the day :rolleyes:

liketom
Jan 17, 2008, 02:21 PM
I'm a teacher who has brought his class every year to MacWorld. We always come on Friday. I don't think that any booths close down on Friday until the late afternoon. My kids like the fact that vendors are more willing to give away free stuff on Fridays.

thats really cool for you to take them to macworld ! when i was at school our teacher took our class to the police station to have a look around - in a way most of my class seemed to love that place as they keep on going back :D

Schnebar
Jan 17, 2008, 04:01 PM
My kids like the fact that vendors are more willing to give away free stuff on Fridays.

Yeah never thought of that.

Well anyway I am getting picked up any minute and will be headed up to SF.

I might see some of you Macrumors people there but I wouldn't know if you are.

It will be my first Macworld and hopefully in the future I will be able to actually go for a week and see the keynote.

johny5
Jan 17, 2008, 04:02 PM
Ahh, free stuff at events, really caps off the day :rolleyes:

I think Steve is going to be there giving free macbookair's away for free as no one is buying them

coolant113
Jan 17, 2008, 04:05 PM
freebies are always a good thing:apple::apple:

GotPro
Jan 17, 2008, 04:10 PM
I think Steve is going to be there giving free macbookair's away for free as no one is buying them

Um, not to be a jerk... but... it no one is buying them then why do they currently hold the #4 best selling notebook position at Amazon... and they aren't even available yet????

Slip
Jan 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Um, not to be a jerk... but... it no one is buying them then why do they currently hold the #4 best selling notebook position at Amazon... and they aren't even available yet????

Touché ;)

bmorris
Jan 17, 2008, 09:48 PM

where do u teach?!

GotPro
Jan 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
Touché ;)

Apparently, I was mistaken. My bad.

It's now #3 on the best seller list at amazon for notebooks.
:D:apple:

Schnebar
Jan 18, 2008, 10:28 PM
Ok just got back from my first Macworld experience.

It was not really what I expected. Just hundreds of booths with software and iPhone cases.

It was a fun thing to do and I will go again but I think I would have had more fun going to presentations and the keynote.

I did get to see a sketch up demonstration at the Google booth and that was probably the best thing I did.

I did not get that much free stuff probably because we did not look like we were actually there to purchase stuff.

I felt like we did not get treated fairly at the booths because we are in High School. We might not be looking for products for our company but we are still interested and probably know just as much about Macs as everyone else.