Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2002
San Francisco
Just wondering if anyone could give a personal review of this smartphone. It looks pretty killer. I've been waiting for this one to come out and it certainly looks like the right combination of size and features. Please share your opinion if you have one!

www.handspring.com

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I don't think they're available until later this month. I've read that many providers are thinking about it but the only one that actually is preparing one is in Switzerland, named Orange.

I'm quite interested in it since the modular design would seem to allow it to work with most anything.

justswitched

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
nyc
yeah i ordered one already, should have already recieved it but since i had a different billing and shipping address.

i cant wait for it to arrive, hopefully palm os 5 and panther will be compatible. im oredering my pb 17 when panther is released and then im gonna order a nikon D100

andrewh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2002
San Francisco
Originally posted by justswitched
yeah i ordered one already, should have already recieved it but since i had a different billing and shipping address.

i cant wait for it to arrive, hopefully palm os 5 and panther will be compatible. im oredering my pb 17 when panther is released and then im gonna order a nikon D100

Well sometimes you have to treat yourself right eh? I also just ordered a new powerbook, but the 15". Coincidentally I'm also looking at a digital SLR but will probably go with the Canon Digital Rebel because I have a few Canon zoom lenses already. The Nikon is a great camera also.

Anyway the one thing the Treo doesn't have is Bluetooth but I don't think it matters really, as you can sync with the Palm desktop or Entourage maybe. The Apple address book is weak anyway.

If you can, please share your thoughts when you get it. I want one too!

justswitched

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
nyc
Originally posted by andrewh
Well sometimes you have to treat yourself right eh? I also just ordered a new powerbook, but the 15". Coincidentally I'm also looking at a digital SLR but will probably go with the Canon Digital Rebel because I have a few Canon zoom lenses already. The Nikon is a great camera also.

Anyway the one thing the Treo doesn't have is Bluetooth but I don't think it matters really, as you can sync with the Palm desktop or Entourage maybe. The Apple address book is weak anyway.

If you can, please share your thoughts when you get it. I want one too!

yeah should have it by friday, but hopefully they will release a wi-fi or bluetooth cards that will allow for wireless communication.

i think of it as a way to save money:an ipod replacement, a cheap digi cam, a pda, and a nice phone. im just concerned about compatability with os x. ill take some pics as soon as i have it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.