Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mus0r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Looking to get back on WoW. There was a lot of content I missed because I power leveled to the cap both times, and there's a lot of stuff I'd like to go back to. I had alts on PvP servers, but never played them much. Can anyone suggest a PvP server that's fairly balanced between Horde and Alliance? Also a Horde guild that's pretty laid back? I'm looking to mostly quest and PvP, with minimal (but occasional) raiding. The gf's gone back to school and I have to time to waste at night now.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i play on a PVE realm, but my first toon was on a PVP realm. alliance side, but it had more horde than alliance, and subsequently also a very active and known horde faction. that was Smolderthorn. might be worth checking out.

gpapava

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2006
If u are playing in europe and u are interested in competitive PvP choose Stormscale server. Best PvP server in Europe.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
If you want to PvP and want to be horde, join a server where the alliance outnumbers the horde. That way, you will have no wait on the battlegrounds and plenty of targets for world PvP :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
If you want to PvP and want to be horde, join a server where the alliance outnumbers the horde. That way, you will have no wait on the battlegrounds and plenty of targets for world PvP :)

true, but for the BGs check out the battlegroup as a whole. and well some battlegroups are experiencing problems at the moment

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
all i can say is don't pick skullcrusher. it's overpopulated, and the horde heavily outweighs alliance. but, horde owns us pvp so maybe you'd enjoy it :)

Sauron's Master

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Saratoga, CA / New York, NY
Why bother with a PvP server?

The only difference between a PvE and PvP one is that you'll get ganked while leveling. Biggest mistake I made was rolling on a PvP server.

Actually, wait, no, my biggest mistake was bothering to raid. -_-

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
Really, the only reason to roll on a PvP server is if you want to run around and gank people who are much lower level than you are. I have a 70 on a PvE server and a 68 on a PvP server, and leveling the 70 was a much more enjoyable experience.

Also, the quality of person you get on PvP servers is generally lower than on PvE servers, which makes sense, really. The chat channels are basically bottomless pools of filth on my PvP server.

anthonys

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2005
London, UK
I had much more fun leveling on a PVP server. I played 2 horde characters to cap on PVE then rolled an alliance on PVP. The best thing is when you get bored questing you can just start killing the opposite faction. Most of the time you are in zones with people around your level. It also encourages you to play in groups more (to avoid being ganked) which I found more enjoyable.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
It's really handy to have a lvl 70 in the same zone as you lvl in when you're on a PvP server.
If you get ganked just relog quick on your lvl 70 and let them taste your Stormherald :p

Then you can lvl in peace, ... untill they have logged their lvl 70 and have brought 2-3 friends aswell :p

motoxpress

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2006
Lvling on PVP can be very frustrating if you simply want to get things done. STV is a nightmare. I am not of the mentality to go gank lowbies when I am bored so the pvp realm ended up being lost on me and I stopped lvling my warr at 62 or so. I do like to PVP but, in a BG where there is some competition not where a lvl 70 rogue appears out of no where when I am finishing my quests.

-mx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.